NBA at Walt Disney World

Bill Simmons and Ryen Russillo's podcast recorded on Sunday had a discussion about this and talked about the fact that Iger had been talking to the league, mainly because of all the research and work Disney is putting into figuring out how to reopen WDW, but they discussed this in some detail as a possibility.

But it’s not like he “broke the news”. Yahoo and Rteetz did.
I think I’ve covered this ground already if you read the Yahoo article he is not breaking any news. The writer is an ex cm who has some knowledge of Disney World. He is just putting Disney World out there as possibility the NBA should explore.

Bill Simmons and Ryen Russillo's podcast recorded on Sunday had a discussion about this and talked about the fact that Iger had been talking to the league, mainly because of all the research and work Disney is putting into figuring out how to reopen WDW, but they discussed this in some detail as a possibility.
Yeah I enjoyed there discussion even though I find Russillo annoying.

1) given Iger's love of the NBA, he might make a hard sell for this.
2) I think the players and their families would be safer in WDW, since Disney can control access to the resort much better than could be done in LV.
3) As a Disney and NBA fan, this would be awesome to watch, even if it was from afar.

I was thinking about where they would stay and Coronado makes a whole lot of sense. I went and looked and most of the resort was booked for July which seemed very odd to me...

I was thinking about where they would stay and Coronado makes a whole lot of sense. I went and looked and most of the resort was booked for July which seemed very odd to me...
CSR suddenly went un bookable through the first week of Aug a couple weeks ago. Over the last couple weeks very spotty, limited room availability has been popping up on random dates over that time frame.

CSR suddenly went un bookable through the first week of Aug a couple weeks ago. Over the last couple weeks very spotty, limited room availability has been popping up on random dates over that time frame.

I saw that it's rumored that MLS players and staff would be staying there for their proposal.

I saw that it's rumored that MLS players and staff would be staying there for their proposal.
The first rumor was NBA, then MLS leaped into the rumors. I think Disney would just be happy if they could book one of them.

what a boon that would be to MLS if they’re the first major sport playing in America... All of the pent up live sports desperation in America will get focused on- soccer... Idk if the rest of the word is ready for all US baseball/basketball/football fans to come running to soccer 🤣

I am hearing from some good sources in the nba that disney is already blocking off resorts for this. Can't give any info obviously from who but im told is pretty close to a done deal. This always seemed like a perfect fit anyway with all the connections, just glad I can hopefully watch some live nba soon!

I'm at CSR 7/22‐7/27. So even if Disney is open then, my reservation will most likely be cancelled if the NBA comes to WDW, correct?

I'm at CSR 7/22‐7/27. So even if Disney is open then, my reservation will most likely be cancelled if the NBA comes to WDW, correct?
Unknown.

They generally move people when something happens and their room isn’t available but they do have the right to walk you (cancel your room). Public perception won’t be great if they open to the public but cancel all the reservations of folks staying at the athletes hotels and don’t give them alternatives so idk if they’ll actually cancel folks instead of relocating them.

Um, I don't think these NBA players are going to be very comfortable sleeping on a standard queen size bed at Disney. The avg height of a NBA player is 6'7 maybe even taller then that. How many rooms with King size beds does Disney have? I've only stayed in one and it was at the Poly. We're talking about accommodating all NBA teams and staff correct? Jam them all up in the All Star resorts they'll love it :)

Um, I don't think these NBA players are going to be very comfortable sleeping on a standard queen size bed at Disney. The avg height of a NBA player is 6'7 maybe even taller then that. How many rooms with King size beds does Disney have? I've only stayed in one and it was at the Poly. We're talking about accommodating all NBA teams and staff correct? Jam them all up in the All Star resorts they'll love it :)

Haha. When the Thunder moved to OKC the hotel that was going to be used for the visiting team remodeled one whole floor of the hotel to put in extra long beds and extend the room space. This is what the players are used to.

The first rumor was NBA, then MLS leaped into the rumors. I think Disney would just be happy if they could book one of them.

what a boon that would be to MLS if they’re the first major sport playing in America... All of the pent up live sports desperation in America will get focused on- soccer... Idk if the rest of the word is ready for all US baseball/basketball/football fans to come running to soccer 🤣

I think Nascar already won that race. ;) We watched the Nascar race Sunday. The last race we watched was over a decade ago. We didn't even know the driver's names. :laughing:

I was thinking something similar. There are college teams that routinely stay in nicer hotels than the Disney Deluxe resorts. I can't imagine why the NBA would book a moderate resort. CSR would have to make some major upgrades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter