Navigating Nassau

we4blairs

Mouseketeer
Hello! We've almost reached cruise day! (our first)

I think DH and I have decided to not do excursions on Nassau day. If anything, we'd like to shop closely to the ship so that the kids can buy some souvenirs and see a little of the Bahamas.

Is the market close to the ship? walking distance?
what are the best hot spots for cheap goodies - especially kid friendly?

This board is the best! :Pinkbounc

My dd7 and I just did our own thing in Nassau. The market is close, when you get off the ship and go thru the building by the port, make a right. we found t-shirt 3 for $10 at Pipe of Peace and Tortugua Rum Cakes are in the same area. We went to the Pirates of Nassau museum, it was cute. It was a couple of streets away. The priate museum has a web site you can check out at www.pirates-of-nassau.com/ Adults are $12 and children under 12 are free with an adult!

Also flip thru the TV the night before Nassau and you can catch the talk on shopping in Nassau, that way you don't have to go to it! They show it all night.

They give you a map of the port area when you get off the ship.

Ditto what downrivermamma says... the pirate museum is something I think your kids would enjoy... shopping is near the port and just walking around looking at the buildings is neat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter