Nassau

I have friends that went to the Hilton last week and loved it. We went to Blue Lagoon and also quite enjoyed that. Super calm and not at all deep water.

No, I went on the Hilton's website itself.

Just went to Hilton's page and they only provide an e-mail to purchase passes, but after three days, still no response.
Contact us at NASHI_FO@hilton.com to learn more and book our great value day pass.
*Day Pass Prices:
Adults: $65, includes $40 free food and beverage credit
Kids: $33, includes $20 credit
*Prices subject to change without prior notice.

Is there any hassle using the third-party sites?

I didn't have an issue using a 3rd party site (in fact, the very site @crossfitmama posted) but that was in 2014. A long, long 2.5 years ago.

I don't know if they require a deposit now but they did back then, and the remainder of payment was due at the Hilton. I figured if it was a scam I'd only be out the 20%. But it was legit.

Here's my confirmation screenshot (note to mods - don't know if I'm allowed to post the screenshot?):

upload_2017-1-25_11-38-28.png

The only problem I could foresee buying it ahead of time online is if the weather is bad and you really didn't want to use it or the ship misses that port. In that case, maybe you could dispute it with your credit card company? Or maybe the Hilton would refund you. We booked a beach day online at a Cozumel resort, and one of their policies was they would refund us for bad weather or if our ship couldn't make that port. Maybe you can find out.

ETA: When I emailed the Hilton a few weeks ago, they got back to me that day.

@ElenaRN or @starvenger Just curious for those of you who shop in Nassau, what exactly does the straw market sell? Just straw products? LOL Or do they sell jewelry and t-shirts, little trinkets? I know my girls are going to want to get t-shirts. Are there reasonable places around there that are trustworthy? Probably will walk down to Junkanoo possibly?

Last edited:
They do sell woven fibre products, and they are nice - we bought small baskets for the girls (Anna and Elsa, with their names also woven in) - but overall it was similar to any local tourist market you've seen before. Closer to the pier you should see all the usual t-shirt shops, so you can get your souvenirs there as well. Unfortunately I don't recall specifics - my souvenir habit are (is?) shot glasses, and I found some at the Straw Market.

Last edited:
We went to the British Colonial Hilton during our stop at Nassau on our 4 day Dream cruise this January and really enjoyed it! They have floaties/lifejackets/sand toys available for kids on a first come, first served basis. We were also able to kayak (my 7yo son's first time!) around the lagoon; the use of the kayak was included with the pass. The beach was very clean and calm, we had no problems getting chairs/loungers/umbrellas. (There were 3 ships docked that day). The food and beverage service was good when we visited with drinks and food taking about 15 minutes or less to be served.

We just spent the day at the British Colonial Hotel last week and it was perfect for our family of four. We have two young kids. It was wonderful laying on the beach chairs while the kids played in the water. Very safe as it is private area for only hotel goers and it was a perfect day to spend the day in Nassau. We spent the credits on alcohol while we went to pick up lunch for all of us at the McDonalds across the street.

DO they have life vests for the kids at the Hilton, thinking of buying a day pass. I want something close to the ship and private (no vendors at beach).

We walked to Junkanoo Beach. Its about a 15 min walk from port. I've read mixed reviews about cleanliness, but we had no issues. Clean sand, clean & calm water with no real waves. That is a plus with little ones. Not sure how much the day passes at the hotels run but this was a free public beach.

That is our plan as well. Going to get off the ship early and head back on after a couple of hours and enjoy what the ship has to offer.

Was there a place to rent chairs? Anything to do other than just swim?

Last edited:
That is our plan as well. Going to get off the ship early and head back on after a couple of hours and enjoy what the ship has to offer.

Was there a place to rent chairs? Anything to do other than just swim?

Yes we rented chairs. More than one place to get them. I don't know how much they were though bc it was my bday and the other family we were with payed. We only swam and didnt see any other activities but thats not to say there weren't any. I just don't know. We also got some delish jerk chicken. We also intended to stay a couple hours and head back. It was so nice we wound up staying closer to 3-4.

DO they have life vests for the kids at the Hilton, thinking of buying a day pass. I want something close to the ship and private (no vendors at beach).

To be honest with you, I'm not sure if they had life vests or not. I'm sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter