Nassau Excursions

Jennay

Earning My Ears
Anyone have any recommendations for Nassau Excursions? Ones to try.. ones to stay away from. How about any non-Disney Excursions? Anyone try them? What have been your experiences? Please share.

Now I haven't seen recently the ages for the Blue Lagoon Beach Day, but I'm pretty sure it would work for your family.

We did the Blue Lagoon on our first cruise. We loved it.
- There is about a 45 min. boat ride out to this island.
-There is a shallow inlet that would be perfect for your little ones to play in. It is very clear.
-There are non-motorized water toys to rent.
-There is an area to snorkel. You can rent from them if you don't have your own. They do require life vests to snorkel. They were around $5 for the vests.
The snorkel area was nice but small. DS-11 at the time went out for a while, but then spent alot of the time playing along the shore. It is very rocky with lots of little places for little sea creatures. It was fun to watch them.
-They provided a picnic lunch. It was ok, not great.
-There were hammocks, basketball and I think volleyball.
-There are 2 boats back. One at 2 and the other at 4.
-We were definitely ready by 2.

There is more to the island, but we didn't venture out very far because we played in the shallow area for a while, then snorkeled and then ate.

This was a lot of fun. We did this in 2002 so I'm not sure if anything has changed.

We were on the July 3rd Wonder and booked rooms at Comfort Suites to use the facilities at Atlantis. We had previously done the Atlantis Excursion through Disney, so we really wanted to enjoy the pools and slides. Atlantis was so crowded that it really wasn't worth it. You had to fight for a place to sit, finding shade was impossible, the lines for the slides were a hour or more, and the lines for towels and food were equally as ridiculous. We all wished we would have stayed in the ship. pirate:

We did the Dolphin Encounter on our trip and loved it. It was a lot of fun. Interacting with the dolphins was really cool, and well worth it to me. It is a little pricey compared to some of the other excursions, but I would recommend it, and would definitely do over again!! Let me know if you have any questions about it, I'll be happy to answer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter