Narcoossee's vs. Citricos

Corey Hopkins

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone,

I recently put a post up on DVC Fan about resorts and dining. We are starting to sketch out ideas for our honeymoon next February (2021) and thinking about staying at the Grand Floridian.

From different DIS content I have found more information about Citricos, but on my DVC Fan post SO MANY people were talking up Narcoossee's.

What do you love about either of these restaurants? Like I said, I am less familiar with Narcoossee's so I'm curious what people love about it. If you were planning your honeymoon which location would you choose? If possible please keep suggestions / opinions to these two dining locations. Looking forward to what people have to say. Thanks!

- Corey Hopkins

Personally, I loved Citricos way more than Narcoosees.
Narcoosees got way more hype but, actually, when we were there, there was nothing to complain about, really, but, it was a one and done. The crowding on the porch to see fireworks, despite the bugs, was crazy. There was nothing super special about the food or service.
Citricos was AWESOME. The server was absolutely amazing, and is really what made it stand out. The food was great too, and it felt special to eat there.

Well, if it's still open when you go, my choice would be Citrico's. The food and service are far superior to Narcoosee's, IMHO and the menu is far more varied. I find Narcoosee's menu to be very limited and what they serve to be a bit subpar. Our experiences there have ranged from mediocre to downright bad (like, forgetting to serve our entrees and then trying to give them to us cold after they sat out for 30 minutes). The only thing Narcoosee's has going for it is the view, which you can get for free if you simply stand on the GF boat dock.

You honestly can't go wrong with either, but for us, for the surf and turf, we just love Narcoosees! Yes, I know it's not exciting per se, we come from Restaurant families and even make lobster at home, but sometimes a good simple quality product can be superb. We have gone every year on one of our trips and really find it hard to skip. The service has never been less than impeccable, the view is lovely, we never had to deal with crowds during fireworks (we usually go in October) and even during Hallowishes, we stay in our seats and can see some of the show and I never noticed people piling outside. We've done Citrico's 2 or 3 times and all of them were wonderful, but nothing as memorable to me as a Cali Grill. Citrico's menu is a bit more adventurous and creative compare to Narcoossee's, but both places are wonderful. I would do one each night and then run over to Cali Grill. When we stay in a MK resort, we try to take advantage of all those restaurants that can be more of a pain to get to when we're over by Epcot and we love all three.

One more note, for a honeymoon, why not Victoria and Alberts? I've always wanted to go there but we can't seem to pull ourselves away from the kids so we've never ventured over there, but I am dying to try it!

We have done both and enjoy each. Normally when we are booking a dinner at the Grand we just alternate between the two. Seriously, no reason to stress about this decision since whichever one you pick will be great.

One more note, for a honeymoon, why not Victoria and Alberts? I've always wanted to go there but we can't seem to pull ourselves away from the kids so we've never ventured over there, but I am dying to try it!
We have thought about Victoria and Alberts. The reason we aren't really considering it is because we are going to be doing two nights at Disney, four nights on a Disney Cruise, and then two more nights at Disney. Based on the other places we are going to eat and the dining on the Cruise we are trying to limit the number of fancy meals. I am also not the most adventurous eaters so I'm not sure that it would be for me, but that is a great suggestion.

We've done both. My wife loved Citricos more than Narcoosees. Myself I prefered Narcoosees. The only reason was the ambiance. Service was incredible at both and the food was right on.

We have thought about Victoria and Alberts. The reason we aren't really considering it is because we are going to be doing two nights at Disney, four nights on a Disney Cruise, and then two more nights at Disney. Based on the other places we are going to eat and the dining on the Cruise we are trying to limit the number of fancy meals. I am also not the most adventurous eaters so I'm not sure that it would be for me, but that is a great suggestion.
If you are not an exotic eater, then I would definitely pick Narcoosee's over Citrico's. Narcoosee's is still exciting but has a few more options for simplistic dishes. Also, you're on your honeymoon and in love....everything tastes good when you're in love :)

You have nothing to worry about! Have a great time!

Also, just FYI, when we go there, we are always in a group of 8 or 9 people and not a single person has ever complained. 8 people times 10 times, 80 dinners and not a single bad plate of food or bad service! Plus I think it has a cosy, romantic feel, especially if they put you by the window on the lower level.

I've never been to Citricos, but have been to Narcossees several times. We really like it. The service has always been great and the food excellent.

I especially love the bar. I am very short and HATE tall chairs/bar stools. I love that the bar is sunken, so the patrons sit in regular height chairs instead of bar stools.

Unless you are doing Remy (and to a much lesser degree Palo), the cruise food is not really “fancy”. It sounds fancier than it is.

We have done both restaurants. We have trusted Narcoosee's with a few special occasions and the service has been awesome. We have never had a bad dish there. We love sitting at the window and watching the light parade go by. Happy planning!!

We haven’t eaten at Citrico’s, but we just ate at Narcoosee’s over Thanksgiving weekend... I have to say it was probably the best dinner I’ve ever had! I had the duo lobster tails which were amazing... other family members had the filet which they enjoyed as well. In addition to the delicious food, the service was impeccable. If you can get get a reservation during MK fireworks, that’s icing on the cake!

We haven’t eaten at Citrico’s, but we just ate at Narcoosee’s over Thanksgiving weekend... I have to say it was probably the best dinner I’ve ever had! I had the duo lobster tails which were amazing... other family members had the filet which they enjoyed as well. In addition to the delicious food, the service was impeccable. If you can get get a reservation during MK fireworks, that’s icing on the cake!
Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter