Named misspelled on reservation

s3058

Mouseketeer
I reserved a room in my name for POR riverside but my name is spelt wrong on the reservation and won't match my passport on check in. Is this an issue I should call about? I'm international if that affects it and it's just a missing letter.

My name is unusual for the US as it's an Irish name so not sure that it'll be as obvious that it's a misspelling i.e. If your name was Annie but you spelt it Anie, that would be pretty obvious. The reservation is linked to MDE which does have the right spelling if that makes a different and the other adult in the room will have there id and be present at check in.

TIA

I reserved a room in my name for POR riverside but my name is spelt wrong on the reservation and won't match my passport on check in. Is this an issue I should call about? I'm international if that affects it and it's just a missing letter.

My name is unusual for the US as it's an Irish name so not sure that it'll be as obvious that it's a misspelling i.e. If your name was Annie but you spelt it Anie, that would be pretty obvious. The reservation is linked to MDE which does have the right spelling if that makes a different and the other adult in the room will have there id and be present at check in.

TIA

It won't matter one bit.

As long as Disney didn't book your flights and give them the incorrect spelling, and even if they did and its a minor misspelling, you should still be ok. For example I go by Debi on MDE -- but my passport and ID is Debra -- supposedly this would have been an issue at the airport had Disney booked my flights under Debi.

I would fix the spelling since it is easy enough to do. I just made a booking and my son's name was misspelled. I asked the TA about it and she said she wanted it fixed and took care of it right away.

TIA
It might be an issue if it was at the airport/ customs but it won't matter one bit at the resort

I would fix the spelling since it is easy enough to do. I just made a booking and my son's name was misspelled. I asked the TA about it and she said she wanted it fixed and took care of it right away.
It's different when the misspelled name is the lead name on the reservation. You can change any name on a reservation easily with the exception of the lead name. You need to cancel and re-book to make changes to it. Since it really will not create an issue for the OP on check in, there's no need upset the apple cart.

It's different when the misspelled name is the lead name on the reservation. You can change any name on a reservation easily with the exception of the lead name. You need to cancel and re-book to make changes to it. Since it really will not create an issue for the OP on check in, there's no need upset the apple cart.
Oh I didn't know that. I would still make them fix it cause I am ocd.

My son was not the lead but when I went to link it to MDE it kept telling me that the other spelling was not a match. I wasn't worried about him not being allowed in the room, but I was worried about MDE being problematic for my whole stay. This has happened before so I wasn't taking any chances.

Thanks for all the help guys :) I ended up having to call anyway and the CM confirmed that it shouldn't be an issue but she did put a note on the reservation just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter