Naked Guy at It's A Small World

I went to law school, so I’m very familiar with the legal system. Being arrested and being charged are two different things. Nothing in the article you posted says he was charged with a crime. The police have been known to get it wrong sometimes.

But that is beside the point. You seem to understand that he is innocent until proven guilty but completely missed my entire point so I will repeat it: People expressing empathy for this person regardless of the cause of their behavior are not being dramatic.

You continue to pretend as if the police interviewed his companions, family, etc and they said he had a history of mental illness but the police decided without any evidence it was drugs.

Not particularly relevant, but I'm reminded of the Naked Guy who was at Berkeley just after I graduated. A friend of mine had a class with him. Her take: "He's not bad looking, which helps."

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/How-Berkeley-s-Naked-Guy-met-a-tragic-end-3232119.php

I don't know if Berkeley still is home to as many colorful characters, but there were a number of notable folks back then: The Hate Man, The Bubble Lady, and Rare all come to mind. The Hate Man's story is particularly interesting.

Last edited:
You continue to pretend as if the police interviewed his companions, family, etc and they said he had a history of mental illness but the police decided without any evidence it was drugs.

The police can absolutely arrest someone on suspicion of drugs based on their behavior before and/or without performing one single interview with a friend or family member. In situations like this, an arrest often comes before an investigation is performed. Being arrested on suspicion of something is not the same as actually being charged with a crime. You can be arrested, released, and not charged with anything. No one is arguing with you on how the process works when the police arrest someone. You are still missing the point so, again, I will repeat it: People expressing empathy for this person regardless of the cause of their behavior are not being dramatic.

I finally found the video of him IN the ride (still has underwear on) and the look on his face makes it very clear that he is not fully aware of what is going on. Unfortunate that this happened so publicly, I hope he gets the antipsychotic medications, CBT, and/or detox therapy he very badly needs.

I'm not even sure if he should be banned from DL permanently. I think yeah, he will initially, but IMO if he is treated/stable, it should be appealable. Who knows, one day this guy might be a grandpa and wanna take his grandkids there.

I'm really sad all of a sudden, I feel really bad for this guy.
Never change PirateBrigade, feeling for another person is a good thing. I too thought about his world ten years from now, thinking that I hope this does not become his negative "defining" moment.

The police aren’t guessing, they conducted an investigation that would’ve included the suspect and his companions. They may have even found evidence of drugs on him.

“Suspicion” is not plain English, it’s a legal verbiage used because in America, we are presumed innocent until proven guilty. In the future, when you read crime related articles, pay attention to how often it’s used. People who are arrested after committing violent crimes on camera are often described as being arrested “on suspicion.”
Or articles stating “allegedly” committed some crime followed by pictorial evidence.

I agree. My first thought was drugs. Bad decisions in the moment, nothing more. But if people want to connect mental illness to justify how badly this incident went; then it’s plausible. But sometimes people just do stupid things being under the influence. Maybe he is typically of sound mind while he’s sober.

I think that’s where the line is for having sympathy or “empathy” for him. If he chose to take drugs for a good time, that’s on him. If he has an affliction he can’t help, we’re suppose to feel sorry for him.

Either way, he seemed out of his mind, due to his own fault or not, and the outcome was still a naked grown man in Disneyland.

Edit. I also agree with the comment about hoping it’s not his defining moment and that he’s able to live it down. It would be sad for a future headline to read Naked It’s a Small World Guy Commits Suicide.

Last edited:
Or articles stating “allegedly” committed some crime followed by pictorial evidence.

I agree. My first thought was drugs. Bad decisions in the moment, nothing more. But if people want to connect mental illness to justify how badly this incident went; then it’s plausible. But sometimes people just do stupid things being under the influence. Maybe he is typically of sound mind while he’s sober.

I think that’s where the line is for having sympathy or “empathy” for him. If he chose to take drugs for a good time, that’s on him. If he has an affliction he can’t help, we’re suppose to feel sorry for him.

Either way, he seemed out of his mind, due to his own fault or not, and the outcome was still a naked grown man in Disneyland.

Edit. I also agree with the comment about hoping it’s not his defining moment and that he’s able to live it down. It would be sad for a future headline to read Naked It’s a Small World Guy Commits Suicide.

There is no pictorial evidence of this person doing drugs, only of their indecent exposure.

Perhaps this person’s choice caused their behavior, or perhaps it was involuntary because of a mental health issue. My issue is with the previous poster calling others “dramatic” because they felt empathy for the person. Everyone is allowed to have their own feelings about this situation. No one is entitled to dictating the feelings of others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter