***MyMagic+ & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh... Now I wonder if I should change my Fantasmic FP+?? The only reason I was doing it was because I thought we would have preferred seating.

So, we traveled in August and activated annual passes. We were not part of Magic Band testing in August nor were our tickets ever linked to our KTTW cards. We are returning in October and have been selected to test Magic Bands.

When I enter MDE, I see 4 tickets associated with my name. After looking at the little icons, one looks like a KTTW card, the other three are green and look like annual passes. None of the #s associated with the tickets assigned to me correspond to my actual annual pass. Three of them have numbers I have never seen before and one ticket # is ours but it is actually my son's linked to my name.

After hours on the phone, we seem to be moving towards correcting this and other problems. It seems the three random cards/ tickets associated with my name were the two KTTW cards we had in August plus the replacement KTTW card I got when I misplaced one. WTH?!?! Why would old KTTW card that were never associated with a ticket be added to MDE/linked to my Magic Bands long after the travel has passed?

Next issue, we customized, ordered & received our Magic Bands about a week ago. A few days ago, we were having issues with husband linked to our DVC room reservation. Instead of him being recognized as an existing MDE user ( with his icon, band, etc, he was showing up as that grey mickey head which basically means system didn't recognize him. To try to fix, they removed and added him a number of times and removed and added me back on. This must have triggered a Magic Band " hyperdrive" because yesterday when I logged in, it said we had 9 new MBs ready to customize and/ship. They were all bands for me & my husband who already ad bands. Some say they've already shipped. No one can figure this one out. I have to wait to see if I receive more bands, if the additional bands all have same #s or different #s. if different #s, the next few hours on the phone will be to figure out which band our Fastpasses are on.

All I can say is "ugh" and I hope this all works when we get there. Oh, that and, I think Disney should be paying ME for this trip!;)

I have to wait to see if I receive more bands, if the additional bands all have same #s or different #s. if different #s, the next few hours on the phone will be to figure out which band our Fastpasses are on.
From the MagicBand & Cards FAQ:
Q. I have multiple MagicBands or cards. How do I manage them?

A. You manage your MagicBands or cards in the MagicBand section of My Profile. For example, you are able to:
  • Activate or deactivate MagicBands or cards
  • Report a MagicBand or card as lost
  • Customize MagicBands before they are shipped
Multiple MagicBands or cards can be assigned to a single person, so activating a new MagicBand or card does not mean that you must deactivate an existing MagicBand or card. All active MagicBands or cards assigned to a person have access to the benefits and entitlements for that person. Adding a new MagicBand or card does not add new entitlements, such as additional theme park admissions.

If you require additional assistance managing your MagicBands or cards, please contact us or visit any Guest Relations location at Walt Disney World Resort.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/bands-cards/multiple-magic-bands/

Yeah, I am not convinced that that is true. That would imply that if I get 3 diff magic bands, they work interchangeably as one band? If they all have diff #s inside them, how is it possible that they'd be interchangeable? Three diff bands would open my room door, for example?

We'll see. I anticipate wasting hours of my vacation resolving this. And, to add to the joy, we have three diff room reservations so I may have to fix this three times

BTW, if multiple bands do turn out to be interchangeable, it would be awesome. I could have one in every color and switch off!

I was just told this weekend by MDEx IT that if I linked multiple tickets to my name on MDEx that the only way to assure which ticket the MB would scan upon entry was to go to the resort front desk ('they "should" be able to') or any GR outside of the park entrance and have them "prioritize" the ticket I want used that day. IT said that it was something I 'should' be able to do in the future for myself, but that for now there was no way, short of having them do it for me, to be sure which ticket day would be read and used.

I was asking because I have one day left on my AP for the first day of my trip and was making sure if I added a 2nd ticket for my other 2 days that it wouldn't use that ticket first and then my AP day would be expired and unusable.

I have a question... I have a group of 6 going in a month... as of now 2 of them only have a 2 day base ticket. when they get there they plan on upgrading the ticket to a 5 day ticket. Of course as of now I can only book 2 days of FP+ for them.

Once they upgrade will I be able to book the extra days? If no one here knows about this who can I call to speak to Magic Bands experts? Is there a number or request on the 407-wdisney line for this?

The CMs at the various centers (DVC for example) seem to have instant access to IT. On 2 calls, this week they have brought an IT person on the line to listen & troubleshoot. Not sure if we can call these experts directly ( I doubt it). And, honestly, they didn't seem to know much more than the CMs.

The CMs at the various centers (DVC for example) seem to have instant access to IT. On 2 calls, this week they have brought an IT person on the line to listen & troubleshoot. Not sure if we can call these experts directly ( I doubt it). And, honestly, they didn't seem to know much more than the CMs.

thanks conandrob240 I appreciate the info.. has anyone added days to their park tickets and had it reflected in their ability to book the FP+ while on site?
I will have my phone app as well as a tablet with me. I'm hoping to upgrade their tickets on the first day and then link FP's that we have to them that night when I return to the hotel.

I just got off the phone with Disney and was told no testing is scheduled past October :confused3......especially when I see reports that most turn styles have been converted already for the magic band.....53 days to go and totally confused as to whether I will be getting a magic band or not.

I just got off the phone with Disney and was told no testing is scheduled past October :confused3......especially when I see reports that most turn styles have been converted already for the magic band.....53 days to go and totally confused as to whether I will be getting a magic band or not.

I don't have much, if any, faith in what a phone CM will tell you regarding MM+.

Maybe no testing is scheduled. Maybe it will be up and running

I have a question... I have a group of 6 going in a month... as of now 2 of them only have a 2 day base ticket. when they get there they plan on upgrading the ticket to a 5 day ticket. Of course as of now I can only book 2 days of FP+ for them.

Once they upgrade will I be able to book the extra days? If no one here knows about this who can I call to speak to Magic Bands experts? Is there a number or request on the 407-wdisney line for this?

Yes, this is supposed to be how it works. You can schedule FP+ for days you have valid park tickets. I would recommend, since you are upgrading at site, verify with the CM doing the upgrading that additional FP+ days are now available.

Yes, this is supposed to be how it works. You can schedule FP+ for days you have valid park tickets. I would recommend, since you are upgrading at site, verify with the CM doing the upgrading that additional FP+ days are now available.

lol thank you... Loved the "supposed" in bold letters... we can only hope right? :rotfl: If I am correct based on what I am reading I can then match up others FP times to the ones already booked. does that seem correct? :confused3

lol thank you... Loved the "supposed" in bold letters... we can only hope right? :rotfl: If I am correct based on what I am reading I can then match up others FP times to the ones already booked. does that seem correct? :confused3

Supposedly...

Yes, that is the way it seems to be designed to work. I have even heard if you get FP+ times, then link to someone you 'Frequently Travel With,' and they have valid park tickets, they will get FP+ to match yours.

Yeah, I am not convinced that that is true. That would imply that if I get 3 diff magic bands, they work interchangeably as one band? If they all have diff #s inside them, how is it possible that they'd be interchangeable? Three diff bands would open my room door, for example?

We'll see. I anticipate wasting hours of my vacation resolving this. And, to add to the joy, we have three diff room reservations so I may have to fix this three times

BTW, if multiple bands do turn out to be interchangeable, it would be awesome. I could have one in every color and switch off!

Yes, they can work interchangeably, and easily so.

The MagicBand is not your admission ticket (now called "media"). It is not your Fastpass. It is not your room key. It is, however, a key to all of those.

Think of it this way. Your MDX profile is a wallet. In your wallet is contained your KTTW card (for getting in to your room, charging to your room, etc.), your credit card (for charging direct to credit card, when implemented), your park admission media, your dining credits, your name, and a few bits of other information. Your admission media is also further like an "inner wallet". Inside it are your park entitlements (number of days, park hopping, WPFM, etc.) and your Fastpass+ selections.

The MagicBand is like having remote access to that wallet. And you can have more than one remote key to the wallet. In fact, it is like a garage door opener. It has an ID, and it sends it out. But it is up to the garage door receiver to actually accept the ID, and do something with it.

NO testing is scheduled in November...yet. So you're not going to get support on it.

You don't need a MagicBand to get into the parks. They are designed for RFID admission cards as well and that is what people have been using for months.

Is it safe to say that there is no App for the windows phone? I cannot find it, so either I'm blind or they haven't created one.

Better off just waiting with the issue they seem to be having with UT tickets

There is no benefit to you, so I'd wait.

I would not link or rather "try" to link the tickets from UT if they are the RFID ones.

If I knew of the issues beforehand I would have returned or not ordered thru UT and just ordered our tickets from Disney.

I would have avoided All this stress over the linking issue and for what I saved a whopping $56. Ironically this trip is the first time I ever used UT

Thanks for the input! We actually haven't purchased the UT tickets yet, but planned to in January. So, maybe we should just purchase through Disney. You're right...the $60 we would save wouldn't be worth all this hassle everyone is having. How does that work, though, since I have an AP? Don't we all have to have the same package since we're staying together in a 2 bedroom at BLT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter