My Vistana photos-- FINALLY!

Availability seems to open up the last week, so I may have to hold off until then. My son's school doesn't open to the second week of August this year so we can go then.
Fingers crossed it'll come through for you.....

You have to be careful with some of these resorts. We were in the Vistana resort and had a room just like your in the Cascades section. Very nice, but we saw the much older (20 years?) springs, courts, and spas sections and they didn't look nearly as nice. Same thing with orange Lake. Some units are beautiful and new. Others, like the section we were in this year aren't nearly as nice. You should be okay if you pick a newer resort like the Hilton grand vacation club or the Vistana village. These are new resorts and all the units are basically in the same condition.

You have to be careful with some of these resorts. We were in the Vistana resort and had a room just like your in the Cascades section. Very nice, but we saw the much older (20 years?) springs, courts, and spas sections and they didn't look nearly as nice.
You're right about the newer and older sections Jeff. Robin stayed in the Lakes, which is the second newest on site. I own in the Fountains (3rd newest) and even they are nice---especially the Fountains II which looks almost identical to the Lakes. But certain areas such as the Courts, Falls etc can be a little less than desirable. This is why whenever anyone contacts me about Vistana I inform them about this issue.

Originally posted by jeff968
You have to be careful with some of these resorts. We were in the Vistana resort and had a room just like your in the Cascades section. Very nice, but we saw the much older (20 years?) springs, courts, and spas sections and they didn't look nearly as nice. Same thing with orange Lake. Some units are beautiful and new. Others, like the section we were in this year aren't nearly as nice. You should be okay if you pick a newer resort like the Hilton grand vacation club or the Vistana village. These are new resorts and all the units are basically in the same condition.

They aren't, believe me! We were in the courts or falls or something (325 and 327) which were horrible. We were all disappointed in our week there.:(

We were in the courts or falls or something (325 and 327) which were horrible. We were all disappointed in our week there.
I can understand this Kathy....I wouldn't have been happy in the Falls section either. I stayed in a similar section once--the Spas--and demanded my money back. The Fountains, Lakes and Cascades are not even close to the Falls......so much of Vistana is really very nice. Just unfortunate you got the older buildings.

Maria, glad you got your money back. Unfortunately, the only recourse that can be done is for my friend who traded for Vistana write a long letter to RCI about this. They did give us $100/villa in "Vistana money" to spend there for the bug problem. I found the worse problem was the stench of cigarettes. They said they don't differentiate between smoking and nonsmoking with requests. Do you know if that is true? Even the lowest priced hotels have smoking and non smoking rooms! We had a few asthmatics in our party of 12 and that is a big risk for the resort to take if any of us had any problems from that!

:wave: Uhhh...helloooooo, can we get back to my pictures????

LOL!!

I got a email from a TUG owner today that has a 1 bedroom at the Villages for a week in July. :bounce: Are there any areas to ask for there?

Originally posted by Robinrs
:wave: Uhhh...helloooooo, can we get back to my pictures????

LOL!!

I got a email from a TUG owner today that has a 1 bedroom at the Villages for a week in July. :bounce: Are there any areas to ask for there?

Uhhh, your pictures were outstanding! I emailed your pictures to the people I vacationed with to show them what we missed out on!!!! I wish we were given your area. I don't think I would have bad feelings about this resort if my friend's RCI trade turned out to the newer section!!!! Your accomodations looked absolutely beautiful; ours looked nothing like your pictures, sorry to say............
:( :( :(

They did give us $100/villa in "Vistana money" to spend there for the bug problem. I found the worse problem was the stench of cigarettes. They said they don't differentiate between smoking and nonsmoking with requests. Do you know if that is true?
Kathy,
I'm glad at the very least you got some sort of credit. Unfortunately what they stated to you is correct. I'm honestly not just saying this, but we have never had a smoke smell in our villas. I am not a smoker, so I would pick up on this smell immediately. In fact, whenever we first enter our villa, all we can smell is the deodorizing agent they use. It has always smelled fresh to us. But that one time we stayed in the older Spas unit, I will admit it smelled musty or mildly mildewy ? I agree, they should have designated non-smoking units. That is usually common practice with resorts.

Are there any areas to ask for there?
Whoo-hoo Robin ! You got luck ! I know very little about the Villages. All I can suggest is that you request to be close to the pool area. There is only one pool and some buildings are a bit of a hike. So if the pool is important to you--and I'd think it would be in July---just ask for a building close to there. I believe I recall building 2 is a good one ? Let me see if I can find out more for you.

Originally posted by AZKathy
They aren't, believe me! We were in the courts or falls or something (325 and 327) which were horrible. We were all disappointed in our week there.:(

They are! Kathy, If you read my post you'll see I was referring to the Vistana village units as all being the same. This is a new Vistana , opened 3 years ago, and is different then the Vistana resort.

Great photos, Robin! I'm just giddy with anticipation for our stay there in Jan. 2004! :p :p :p I arranged for a time-share presentation promotion thru an owner on tug2--I sure hope I get to stay in a newer section.

Sue

I love the pictures! I have arranged to stay there for a timeshare presentation through a TUG member. I would hope that they put me in a room as nice as yours. If not, I wouldn't even consider by a timeshare there.

Last year I reserved a 1 bedroom at Vistana through lodging.com and ended up with a 2 bedroom lock-out unit in the Lakes section for $90/night. Right near the zero-entry pool. This was my 3rd stay at Vistana and I have never been disappointed.

Thank you for sharing your pictures. The resort is beautiful. I am so afraid to stay at the resort and get an old unit. We are used to nice, clean disney rooms. Can you please tell me if the lakes section was far away from the main pool and all the activities. I have 3 older boys who will be participating in the sport activities.

Thank you again.::MinnieMo

Originally posted by MiaSRN62
I can understand this Kathy....I wouldn't have been happy in the Falls section either. I stayed in a similar section once--the Spas--and demanded my money back. The Fountains, Lakes and Cascades are not even close to the Falls......so much of Vistana is really very nice. Just unfortunate you got the older buildings.

Darn. I just resolved myself to be happy with the Spas (Friday checkin), that it would be OK. When did you stay in the Spas section? Anyone know how to find out which units in the Spas might have been remodeled?

Hey 2655,

Of course, I am not sure, but I am thinking that Spas have been renovated since the previous poster stayed there. I went to a couple of sites and kind of tallied up the good and bad reviews, and recent reviews of Spas are not bad. So, if you get Spas, take heart! I do not remember exactly what was said, but my tally sheet shows Spas with a couple smiley-faces.

I keep hearing the Springs needs renovation....
Falls gets some bad reviews...

Anyone else with info on the different sections?

I keep hearing the lakes and fountain are far from everything, do anyone know just how far?::MickeyMo

http://www.starwoodvo.com/resorts/amenities.jsp?resortID=5&view=

click on resort

then resort map

I hope I get a good villa - but I don't know - it is Thanksgiving week and that is probably a bad week for exchangers - I would think alot of the owners would be there that week - so I probably won't get a good room - but I am sure gonna try - go to do the diamond lane 30 days before we leave!

Oh I forgot - loved your pictures!!! you definitely got a great villa!!!

We arrived at the vistana the day after the hurricane so that may have had something to do with what I observed. We had gotten an offer to stay in a one bedroom for $199. We were also to receive $100 after check-in. We did not have to sit through the timeshare presentation unless we wanted to and then we would receive another $75.
Anyway, check in was a nightmare. There had to be at least 20 people in line to check in and it took about 45 minutes. The person who checked us in knew nothing about the $100 so we had to wait again to speak to another person who gave us a voucher so that we could wait in a third line.
The condo was ok but there was a few problems. The water pressure in the shower was so low that I had to rinse my hair under the bathtub faucet. The blanket on the bed had some unidentified foreign material on it. I took the blanket off as soon as I noticed. The pools were so crowded, I was unable to get a chair on both days that I tried. Maybe part of the problem is that I have always stayed onsite at Disney and this was very different. My husband (who normally would not notice anything like this) commented when we checked into AKL that our vacation changed for the better once we arrived on Disney property. I would not stay at the Vistana again, but I may be spoiled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter