My simple, happy experience with Priceline for those who are afraid

Mom-to-3

Mouseketeer
I thought I would post my experience. It didn't involve WDW, but it worked out well.

DH and I needed an airport hotel in Nashville for 1 Thursday night. It is the start of a weekend getaway and with a 6am flight, being next to the airport sounded good.

I went to Priceline and told them I wanted only an airport hotel -- Nashville had 5-6 zones. They told me the going rate for 1, 2, and 3 star hotels in the airport area and asked which star category I wanted. I chose 3 star.

They told me the average 3 star hotel in that area was $131/night. I told them I was offering $39. Yes, it is silly, but that's part of the fun.

After going through all the address and credit card stuff, they told me that $39 was really low and they really wanted to help me and would I reconsider before I submitted my bid.

I reconsidered and bid $38. :D

Submitted it and less than 10 minutes later found out we had a room at the airport Sheraton. I went to their website, typed in the date I needed, and was told it would have been $139/night.

Why they are willing to take $38 for a $139 room, I don't know. But I am glad.

Priceline adds a fee around $6 and adds the tax (which everyone has to pay anyway, of course, but the tax on $38 is less).

*** So that's my happy experience. It was the Budget Board that first convinced me to try Priceline. :)

wolfgang.gif

Mary

Wow Mary, I am really impressed! I'd like to try priceline for airline tickets for a hotel but I am terrified. Maybe just maybe, I'll be willing to give it a try someday . . .

But in the meantime, congrats to you on your $100 savings!

Lisa

CBR - 10/98
BC - 10/98
BC - 6/00
GF - 9/00
Dolphin - 6/01

Congratulations on your great savings!

I had a similar good experience with Priceline at the Wyndham on I-Drive which I got for $16/nt. plus $25/nt. bonus $ and I've also had a bad experience with them during the same trip but at the Best Inn. What I realize now is that I wasn't very well-educated when I made my first bid and got the Best Inn and I was super-educated (by reading these boards) when I made the second bid and got the Wyndham.

Bottom line, I love Priceline now that I know how to bid!

Good Job!! I also wanted to say Hi from McMinnville, TN!! My aunt lives in Murfreesboro!

Hello right back at you dmslush. I've never been to McMinnville, but I love the drive to Woodbury.

wolfgang.gif

Mary

WOW! That is an awesome price! I love Priceline, but sometimes it makes no sense! I need a hotel near Bel Air, MD. For next weekend! The regular price for the rooms run about $60 a night. With the bonus $20 I didn't get accepted for $35 a night!

Can't figure that one out!

vheart6.gif

<font size=3><font color=red> Happy Valentine's Day!</font></font>
<font size=3><font color=red><marquee>Co-Captain & Charter Member of the Swan/Dolphin Cheerleading Team!!</marquee></font>
<font color=red>15 times to WDW 13 off-site three on!
Next trip Dolphin in July & Swan in DEC. 2001!</font>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest