My Revised One Day Plan

Since you can get another FP 90 minutes later, it's not a problem. You just want to make sure you've knocked out a good amount of FP rides in the morning, especially ones that run out... like, at DCA, right now, they usually run out in roughly this order: RSR, TSMM/GOTG (TSMM is closed part of the day for construction right now, so they're running out weirdly early), Soarin', Goofy's Sky School/Grizzly - not sure where Incredicoaster will fit in there, but it will probably run out quickly when it's brand-new and then calm down (which is what GOTG did). Over at DL, Space Mountain and Indiana Jones run out before most of the others... so, in the morning, you go for the ones that run out early, then grab RSR and wait your 90 minutes, and then start in on the ones that don't run out as quickly. You always want to grab an "immediate" one and use it quickly if possible, then grab one with more of a wait. (So, maybe it's 4:00 and you see a 4:15 Goofy's Sky School - grab it, scan in at 4:10, and now you can grab another FP - meaning you've snagged 2 FPs in 10 minutes.)

In the days leading up to your trip, you can check the app periodically to see the FP return times for everything to get a sense of what "runs out" and when (which changes based on crowds, obviously). I've been at DCA when all FPs for everything have run out by 5:00, and I've been there when there are still some for Goofy's or Grizzly at the end of the day.

Ok help me out here - I thought I couldn’t get another FP until I use the one I have currently. I was thinking if I got a FP for RSR in the morning with a return time of, say, 6-7pm, that I couldn’t get another FP until after that one is used. Please tell me I’m mistaken.....

I think I said this on your other thread, but you're severely underestimating the abilities of Maxpass. Having done a few "commando-style" days with guests lately, you will accomplish more by really understanding Maxpass, "following the FPs" as available, and fitting things in around them.

Your morning looks reasonable (assuming crowds aren't crazy) until this: "Do Small World, Buzz Lightyear, Pooh etc., Nemo Subs at leisure." Those are all over the park, and IASM and Nemo are loooooong rides. Mid-day, that sentence is easily a two-hour time investment. I'd really skip Nemo altogether with what you're trying to accomplish...

I'd also encourage you to book a RSR FP by mid-to-late morning (likely for a late afternoon return time), and then re-ride if you like at the end of the day... I've personally tried to ride twice at the end of the night and been unable to (once it was shut down, once they'd closed the queue), and recently we were on it 30 minutes before closing and it shut down halfway through and we had to get walked off. It's a great ride, and it would be a shame to delay it and then miss out entirely.

I don’t think that’s unreasonable at all if you are not doing those rides right in a row. They are all random ends of the park, so you’re burning up a lot of walking time. If you are filling them in whenever you are nearby and the line is short, that makes perfect sense.

I don’t think that’s unreasonable at all if you are not doing those rides right in a row. They are all random ends of the park, so you’re burning up a lot of walking time. If you are filling them in whenever you are nearby and the line is short, that makes perfect sense.
But she currently has those happening mid-day, before heading to DCA...

But she currently has those happening mid-day, before heading to DCA...
I read it as do those as she wishes, as in in between other rides and FP’s where it makes sense. She mentions going to DCA after lunch so there isn’t time allowed there for them.

I read it as do those as she wishes, as in in between other rides and FP’s where it makes sense. She mentions going to DCA after lunch so there isn’t time allowed there for them.

To be clear they were just examples of what else we may fit in as time allows. No way they could be done in that order without wasting too much time.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-answer-to-when-can-i-pull-my-next-fp.3634984/#post-58222160

90 minute maximum, 30 minute minimum UNLESS you use it first. Also, you can pull as soon as a FP window opens whether you’ve used it yet or not. So, if your Space Mountain FP is from 9-10, and at 9:00 you’re over on the other side of the park, you can still pull one at 9:00 and just use the Space one closer to 10.

I knew you were underestimating Maxpass. ;-)

That what’s happens when you’re used to doing FP at WDW - low expectations!

How long would it take to get all of Fantasyland finished if we start at rope drop?

How long would it take to get all of Fantasyland finished if we start at rope drop?
That depends on a lot of things. Are you going on a peak day? Are you starting straight towards PP? If so, if you can get on PP with less than say a 20 minute wait, I would say about 2 hours. Less if it is less busy that day. Assuming you are including Tea Cups, Alice, Casey Jr, Storybook, Dumbo, Mr Toad, Snow White, carousel, Pinocchio and Peter Pan. Alice can have a 30 minute wait pretty early, I would do PP, Alice, Dumbo Storybook and then everything else as the rest tends to stay shorter longer

Matterhorn has fast pass, so set it aside. Peter Pan has a constant wait time of ~40 minutes (most of the time), so do it at rope drop only if you get to the front portion of the line, otherwise you can do Alice first. The rest can be done very quickly, usually walk on during the first hour.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-answer-to-when-can-i-pull-my-next-fp.3634984/#post-58222160

90 minute maximum, 30 minute minimum UNLESS you use it first. Also, you can pull as soon as a FP window opens whether you’ve used it yet or not. So, if your Space Mountain FP is from 9-10, and at 9:00 you’re over on the other side of the park, you can still pull one at 9:00 and just use the Space one closer to 10.

I knew you were underestimating Maxpass. ;-)
You’ve been hugely helpful about all this, thank you! Now you need to keep it a secret for another couple weeks.....a.k.a. Stop being so helpful :)

So then we will do Fantasyland first and get a FP for either Space or Matterhorn to begin with. By 10am I would guess the lines for Pirates and HM should be reasonable?

I think I said this on your other thread, but you're severely underestimating the abilities of Maxpass. Having done a few "commando-style" days with guests lately, you will accomplish more by really understanding Maxpass, "following the FPs" as available, and fitting things in around them.

Your morning looks reasonable (assuming crowds aren't crazy) until this: "Do Small World, Buzz Lightyear, Pooh etc., Nemo Subs at leisure." Those are all over the park, and IASM and Nemo are loooooong rides. Mid-day, that sentence is easily a two-hour time investment. I'd really skip Nemo altogether with what you're trying to accomplish...

I'd also encourage you to book a RSR FP by mid-to-late morning (likely for a late afternoon return time), and then re-ride if you like at the end of the day... I've personally tried to ride twice at the end of the night and been unable to (once it was shut down, once they'd closed the queue), and recently we were on it 30 minutes before closing and it shut down halfway through and we had to get walked off. It's a great ride, and it would be a shame to delay it and then miss out entirely.

Completely agree with the first sentence here... I was blown away by the abilities of MaxPass on our first trip to Disneyland last week. We are able to do everything we wanted in the first day by planning around the available MaxPass options and literally had used it 6 or more times before noon. I am also blown away at the sheer level of guests that the system confuses.

Note: Based on the rides popularity last week (granted it just re-opened) I would consider trying to get a Pirates FastPass once they get the system up and running.

That depends on a lot of things. Are you going on a peak day? Are you starting straight towards PP? If so, if you can get on PP with less than say a 20 minute wait, I would say about 2 hours. Less if it is less busy that day. Assuming you are including Tea Cups, Alice, Casey Jr, Storybook, Dumbo, Mr Toad, Snow White, carousel, Pinocchio and Peter Pan. Alice can have a 30 minute wait pretty early, I would do PP, Alice, Dumbo Storybook and then everything else as the rest tends to stay shorter longer

Our plan is to go on Fri 8/3 and we will probably skip PP and save it for later that night.

So here’s a Max Pass question which will hopefully answer whether or not I’ve woefully underestimated it’s abilities - if I get a pass for RSR at 9am and it has a return time of something like 1-2pm, can I still make other Max Passes before that one is ready? Is it a 90 minutes max time or until it gets used?

So here’s a Max Pass question which will hopefully answer whether or not I’ve woefully underestimated it’s abilities - if I get a pass for RSR at 9am and it has a return time of something like 1-2pm, can I still make other Max Passes before that one is ready? Is it a 90 minutes max time or until it gets used?
It's 90 minutes max time.

So if you pull one at 9am with a return time of later than 10:30, then 10:30 is when you can book the next one.

However, note that you can NOT book another for RSR until you actually use the one that you have. You cannot hold two active FPs for the same attraction.

As long as I can still hold it. That’s great! I’m so used to WDW’s system that this is going to be like culture shock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter