My Rapunzel Costume for MNSSHP-FINISHED! Pg 3

OK, the wig isn't totally finished yet but I got the bulk of it done this weekend!

IT IS LONG! Like...I actually need to make it a little bit shorter because it is literally dragging on the ground lol...

Oh, and it probably weighs around 20 pounds....I have a feeling it's going to be draped over my shoulder most of the time when I wear it!

312001_2106173414072_1237620211_32044704_1093137806_n.jpg

Me trying it on before I braided it...

Braided!

299675_2106417980186_1237620211_32044943_661183108_n.jpg

Pretty much all I have to do on it now is finish the bangs and front, and add a ton of flowers! WHOO! But the hard part is done. I can't beleive I pulled this off, considering I basically made the wig from "scratch".

If anyone is interested in how the wig was made, I used This awesome Rapunzel Wig Tutorial

Holy cow, that is AWESOME!!!

Did you find shoes to wear?

Given the fact that I'm a complete stranger and don't know you at all, I'm bizarrely excited about the progress you're making. LOL I felt like I needed to confess that. :)

LOL That's okay I need the cheerleading :) I'm freaking out a little because we leave in two weeks :scared1: and I am working almost every day but I will get it done lol...didn't find any shoes yet but only because I haven't gone shopping yet.

I'm glad you like the wig! I can't wait to decorate it with tons of flowers lol!

Everything looks AMAZING! such a great job and the dress looks wonderful, loving the vest too...

The wig is just- there are no words for it, simply stunning! How much does it weigh all braided like that? it LOOKS heavy!

Can't wait to see final results, looks awesome! :woohoo:

Everything looks AMAZING! such a great job and the dress looks wonderful, loving the vest too...

The wig is just- there are no words for it, simply stunning! How much does it weigh all braided like that? it LOOKS heavy!

Can't wait to see final results, looks awesome! :woohoo:

Thank you so much!!

I haven't put it on a scale or anything but I think the wig probably weighs around 20 pounds. Yes, it is as heavy as it looks LOL. It's slightly flexible, though, so I can sort of put it on my shoulder to take some of the weight off if needed. But I think it will be totally worth the pain and suffering to have an awesome costume at MNSSHP, lol!

---

Today I am going to finish Brian's vest for his Flynn costume with the exception of the metal studs. JoAnn's didn't have any gold or copper colored jean rivets, only silver. I'm going to try another store before I settle for that. Otherwise I will just buy the silver ones and get a gold paint pen.

I'm also going to work on the embroidery on my dress some more. I hope to get 3 more of the designs on the skirt finished today! I need to get down to business because I only really have 2 or 3 more days off before my trip.

AHHH that reminds me...I still need to add SLEEVES to my dress OH NO...better get to work

It's coming along very nicely! Love the Flynn costume so far, too! Try not to get overwhelmed, one little bit at a time and you'll have it done before you know it! I hope you'll share pictures of both of you at the party! :yay:

OK...The embroidery is halfway done! WHOO! Each one takes about an hour and I have 9 Days to finish the rest. I hope to get approximately half of the other side done today or to do at least one per day until we go. I also added the sleeves! I was also too lazy to put it on to model it for a picture but here you go...

293556_2129626320380_1237620211_32063496_644903798_n.jpg

The wig has also been flowered! YAY!

296898_2119502987303_1237620211_32054641_183812111_n.jpg

I still need to find shoes for my costume as well as new pants for DBF. I bought him brown pants at the thrift store and they were too small D: I don't really have the energy to sew him any at the moment so we're going to try to find some this week. In addition to sewing our costumes, I also stupidly volunteered to sew my friend a Rainbow Brite costume D: D: D: I'm glad I am helping out a friend but I feel SOOO overextended right now! We leave next Wednesday and I only have 2 more days off.

I also feel bad because DBF felt really awful this morning and I got upset at him for calling out of work because I didn't want anyone to disturb my day off since I have so much work still to do. It was really mean of me and I feel bad now :( I just feel really stressed out and I feel bad that I took it out on him. He ended up going to work, but a few hours late so he is only working a half day.

ANYWAYS, sorry for the rant.

So, things left to do:

-Embroider the other half of the skirt
-Find pants for DBF
-Fix some of the grommets in the corset part of the top

OH...and another thing...I can't find my Point and Shoot camera ANYWHERE. I stopped carrying it around with me since I got an iPhone in February and of course now I can't find it. I don't want to take my iPhone to the parks with us and I also don't want to carry the DSLR around constantly so I either need to borrow one from somebody, probably my mom if hers even works, or buy one....ahh, the things that happen right before vacation lol!

It's looking awesome. I can't wait to see everything put together.

Good luck getting everything done and finding that camera! I'm sure DBF understand you're stressed and will forgive you. :hug:

This looks great! We'll be looking for you during the party! I'm sure it won't be hard to spot you with that beautiful hair!!!

This is amazing! My DBF and I wanted to go as Finn and Rapunzel, but I saw the whole wig making thing and said no.. We're going as Jessie and Buzz! Unfortunately, just t-shirts because we couldn't find anything else!

wow, it's absolutely fantastic :worship:

I love the wig, it looks amazing with the flowers too.

Hope you find the things that you need :goodvibes

This looks great! We'll be looking for you during the party! I'm sure it won't be hard to spot you with that beautiful hair!!!

Thank you so much! And definitely say hi if you see me! If I see a mom who is Snow White with a little pirate son I might just safely assume it is you and hope that I am right when I say hi! Heehee

It's looking awesome. I can't wait to see everything put together.

Good luck getting everything done and finding that camera! I'm sure DBF understand you're stressed and will forgive you. :hug:

Thanks! I actually found my camera the other night :D :D :D :D It was luckily in a box of stuff in my old bedroom at my parent's house! WHOO! I had to order a new battery charger online though...I paid for fast shipping but I am still nervous that it won't come in time! AHH!

The costume is looking fantastic!

Good luck with everything!

Rebecca

Thank you so much
:cutie:
wow, it's absolutely fantastic :worship:

I love the wig, it looks amazing with the flowers too.

Hope you find the things that you need :goodvibes

Thank you so much! I can't wait til it is finished...I am on a serious shoe-finding mission this weekend lol!

This is amazing! My DBF and I wanted to go as Finn and Rapunzel, but I saw the whole wig making thing and said no.. We're going as Jessie and Buzz! Unfortunately, just t-shirts because we couldn't find anything else!
Aww, well there is always next time! I will be completely honest, this is the first wig I have EVER made and it was SO EASY! I was a little worried at first but it was so easy and came out so good! It actually didn't take very long to make, either...maybe like 10 hours total, but that was spread out over a few days so it wasn't bad at all. The worst part about it is that it was expensive to make lol...it probably cost close to $200 to make this wig but so worth it! Are you guys going to be at the 10/30 party too?

This is, hands down, the best Rapunzel costume I've ever seen. :lovestruc

:worship::worship: THANK YOU SO MUCH! I haven't sewn ANYTHING in at least 5 years so it feels good to hear that...I thought I might have been too rusty to actually do this lol!

Pics look great! Any pics of the final thing? Enjoy MNSSHP! :goodvibes

I haven't finished yet, OMG! We land in Florida in 10 hours. It is mostly done, I just need to finish some of the embroidery. I will do that in the hotel room.

Pictures to come when we get home from WDW :)

I'm so jealous! Not of the fact that its Rapunzel, because I'm a dude, and that'd be a TAD bit weird, but of the fact that you have such an amazing costume! It takes A LOT of talent to even attempt this and you have succeeded! This is the best costume I've ever seen, PERIOD! I so wanted to be flynn for halloween but I just didn't have the time, money, or talent like you to try! I ended up with peter pan though so i hope it works out!

oh my goodness!!! i can't wait to see the final pictures!!!! AHHHH! You are so talented!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!