My most embarrassing moment at Disney, share yours!!

WDW Crawl

Living In A Secret Unused Disney Attraction
Hello all, new to the boards and joined because of the podcast show.
Posted this on a different site but wanted to try this here....:cool1:

Recently, I was married at the Walt Disney World resort and had a great time. We chose the Boardwalk and had a fantastic experience with the ceremony, cake cutting, and photography.

To be honest, most everything was great except for one moment that was very awkward.... The after-after moments of our wedding... allow me to explain.

Staying at the AKL, we were transported back via limo to our honeymoon room where we were going to change, and also "change" into our evening attire for the dinner that we had arranged for our wedding guests. Being the groom, and not in the wedding gown being swooned over by other guests, decided to double check the room and make sure it was all good before my bride entered (even though I had already been checked in etc). This was a good idea as that very day was, unbeknownst to me, the day that new mattresses were being installed in the rooms.

Upon entering the room, which was opened already, I was met by a woman that looked to be from mouse keeping. I said hello politely and asked how long they would be, because I was just married and my new wife and I would like the room. She didn't appear to speak the best English, and so I tried my best to communicate with her. After a few minutes, she went and got the crew of men handling the mattresses, and they swapped them out.

No harm, no foul, and I think everything is good when they leave the room.

WRONG.

Going back to find my wife, whose being photographed, etc., We enter the room together and I decided to lock BOTH locks on the door. Normally I would just do the bolt, but this time I instinctually did the manual "chain/hook" lock as well. This later proved to be smart.

After awhile, my new wife and I were "changing" and the door suddenly starts to make clicking noises! Eyes wide, we wonder what in the world is that, thinking maybe its just an excited child going to the wrong room. NOPE. The door clicks again and this time UNLOCKS AND OPENS UP, getting caught by the manual "chain/hook" lock at the top that I used.

Disney mouse keeping / service essentially had just entered WITHOUT KNOCKING on my door, directly after my wedding. Completely flabbergasted at the idea, I was shocked at the unlocking clicks, and relieved when I realized that the "BANG" of the door being caught on the "chain/hook" didn't allow them to actually enter.

In summery, my wedding night nearly turned into a exhibition.

I really haven't figured out how to tell Disney about this concern without making it more embarrassing, and as time goes on I wonder if it is too late.

Anyway, that's my most embarrassing moment so what's yours?

At Narcoossee's I accidentally went into the men's wash room. I was in a hurry :rolleyes2 and never noticed my mistake. There I was in a stall when 2 men walked in! Pulled up my legs quickly and made a mad dash out after they left, hoping no one else would be entering as I was leaving :scared1:

I fell in the UK at Epcot broke my finger, blooded my face and hit my head knocked the wind out of myself. Had a fabulous Medic and EMT crew . Scarred my Dh and children and two very sweet older ladies sitting on a bench in the shade.Not my best moment .

It was raining pretty hard when we got to Sci Fi to eat during our first trip. I asked the check in CM if the movie and our reservation had been cancelled due to the rain....

No. It had not been lmao. I'll never forget the look of humor/pity/confusion she gave me!

On our most recent trip this past June, I had just started taking a new medication. It turns out I didn't respond well to some of the side effects, and my blood pressure became too low. I passed out in the restroom at Epcot. I was absolutely mortified when I came to!

I fell in the UK at Epcot broke my finger, blooded my face and hit my head knocked the wind out of myself. Had a fabulous Medic and EMT crew . Scarred my Dh and children and two very sweet older ladies sitting on a bench in the shade.Not my best moment .

Ouch!! Glad it worked out quickly and ok:)

It was raining pretty hard when we got to Sci Fi to eat during our first trip. I asked the check in CM if the movie and our reservation had been cancelled due to the rain....

No. It had not been lmao. I'll never forget the look of humor/pity/confusion she gave me!

:rotfl: That's a good one !!

i was just done with my shower and heard a knock on my door.

i wrapped a towel around me and tried to look out of the peek hole to see who was there.

stupid me opened the door as i couldn't see who was out there.

i took a step forward and the door shut closed.

the towel was caught in the door, but still partially around me.

Dd had run out to refill her mug while I hopped in the shower. When I got out, I heard a knock at the door. Figuring it was dd, I opened the door while still in my towel. I just grabbed the handle and opened it enough for it to unlock, then I walked away to finish getting ready. A minute or two later, I see Mousekeeping standing there. She was checking to see if we wanted our room cleaned.

i wrapped a towel around me and tried to look out of the peek hole to see who was there.

Oh my, that one is priceless. :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

I remember the first time I rode Splash Mountain it was a very hot and very humid day in August. I managed to not get wet with the exception of one area and one area only... You got it, right where it looked like I just had a bladder failure. I was wearing a pair of white shorts and was showing a little more of the "Haines your way" than I was comfortable with.

I ended up in the mens room and was standing over the hand dryer desperately drying off the ever so embarassing wet area by standing on my toes and leaning into the blower. There were several guys that walked past and I'll never forget a kid about 10 years old said to his father as he passed by me, "that adds new meaning to a weenie roast." :rotfl2:

I remember the first time I rode Splash Mountain it was a very hot and very humid day in August. I managed to not get wet with the exception of one area and one area only... You got it, right where it looked like I just had a bladder failure. I was wearing a pair of white shorts and was showing a little more of the "Haines your way" than I was comfortable with.

I ended up in the mens room and was standing over the hand dryer desperately drying off the ever so embarassing wet area by standing on my toes and leaning into the blower. There were several guys that walked past and I'll never forget a kid about 10 years old said to his father as he passed by me, "that adds new meaning to a weenie roast." :rotfl2:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I was laughing so hard at your story I was snorting and having difficulty breathing.... Well Done!

~NM

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
That is hilarious :thumbsup2

can't believe I am sharing this.....a few years back, I was being a good Disney mama, drinking lots of fluids, making the family do the same. Well, we rode TTA, and did the ol' go around again, then I realized I had to GO! Well, by the time we got around, I got off, ran to the bathrooms by Space, well let's just say mama didn't quite make it. Good news, I was wearing a sundress so my clothing was dry, bad news, I knew I wasn't going to keep my fav pair of undies! So mama went commando the rest of the evening, despite looking for a replacement pair.

The reason I share this is because it has provided one of our families funniest and silliest Diseny memories....'the night mom went commando in her short sundress in the Magic Kingdom'. It was all laughs and giggles from the kids and DH all night, as if everyone knew I was sans undergarment. Trying to sit on the sidewalk for parades and fireworks, more giggles. It was just hilarious!:hyper:

I was a good sport about it, most women that have had children understand how this can happen!

Well I guess I can share mine too! Nov 2011 we were staying at POR. I was 7 weeks pregnant and the morning sickness just started. I went into our bathroom and say on the side of the tub cause I felt like I had throw up. Well I slipped and fell backwards into the tub and was stuck! My DH and kids came running in snapping pictures! They will never let me forget it and sent the pic all over!

Our first trip to WDW we went to the Magic Kingdom as our first park. We had walked a little ways in the park and all of a sudden I heard some woman scream 'OMG, it's Gepetto....Debbie, it's Gepetto!' Then I realized the screamer was me. Apparently I was really excited to be at Disney. I was 60 at the time.

Last trip a few weeks ago we were eating at the CS place in Mexico and I needed a fork to eat my nachos. I went to the counter where they had condiments, napkins, etc., but no utensils. I waited in line again to ask for a fork and the nice young lady informed me they were at the counter I just came from. I told her in no uncertain terms that there were most certainly not any there. Well she sent a guy over who promptly pressed the button on the fork dispenser thingy and handed me a fork with a smile. I had absolutely no idea there was such a machine so I didnt even look.

*Note: Ive never liked HM*
On a family trip 3 years ago, after getting off HM with my also teenage cousins, i was intently texting my boyfriend and walked right into a HM cm. I looked up quickly to apologize, but before I could, he simply said 'boo' and I have no idea why, but that make me shriek at the top of my legs and run 50 feet and ultimately fall over in laughter/crying. Gave the cm and my cousins a good laugh, and he was wonderful enough to come over and make sure I was okay. I don't think my cousins will ever let me forget, nor will I ever leave HM without laughing.

Tower of Terror episode

My 6 year old absolutely loved this ride, she hit the height mark by millimeters..the first few times she dragged us on it, I just ignored the few disapproving looks. Mostly older folks who gave my husband and I a disdainful look as if to say, "what kind of parents force a poor little girl on this ride!"

My husband's limit was three times, she pleaded and begged to go again so I had to be the partner...this time, I specifically heard a comment by one of those so inclined to share their parenting wisdom...this time, I tapped them on the shoulder and said, "would you like to know who is dragging who on this ride?" As if on cue, my 6 year old said, "Mommy, PLEASE let me ride ten more times!"

And that comment even got a smile from one of the stolid CMs...not embarrassing but redeeming! :)

:rotfl2: Good memories

can't believe I am sharing this.....a few years back, I was being a good Disney mama, drinking lots of fluids, making the family do the same. Well, we rode TTA, and did the ol' go around again, then I realized I had to GO! Well, by the time we got around, I got off, ran to the bathrooms by Space, well let's just say mama didn't quite make it. Good news, I was wearing a sundress so my clothing was dry, bad news, I knew I wasn't going to keep my fav pair of undies! So mama went commando the rest of the evening, despite looking for a replacement pair.

The reason I share this is because it has provided one of our families funniest and silliest Diseny memories....'the night mom went commando in her short sundress in the Magic Kingdom'. It was all laughs and giggles from the kids and DH all night, as if everyone knew I was sans undergarment. Trying to sit on the sidewalk for parades and fireworks, more giggles. It was just hilarious!:hyper:

I was a good sport about it, most women that have had children understand how this can happen!
Holy cow that IS embarrassing:scared1:

Last trip a few weeks ago we were eating at the CS place in Mexico and I needed a fork to eat my nachos. I went to the counter where they had condiments, napkins, etc., but no utensils. I waited in line again to ask for a fork and the nice young lady informed me they were at the counter I just came from. I told her in no uncertain terms that there were most certainly not any there. Well she sent a guy over who promptly pressed the button on the fork dispenser thingy and handed me a fork with a smile. I had absolutely no idea there was such a machine so I didnt even look.
:laughing: lesson learned :wizard:

:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2: weenie roast! :woohoo::banana::woohoo: funny story!

Keep em' coming everyone! I've got some others I'll share later

macraven said:

:rotfl: I really really want to know how you got out of that one!! Was there someone in your room to help? I'm picturing you having to stand there in a towel until a sympathetic guest walked by and agreed to go to the front desk for someone to open your door :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter