My Make-A-Wish Trip!

I noticed you're doing the pick a pearl at World Showcase/Japan. Don't they do it also at Sea World? Anyone know the difference between the two?

There's one at Downtown disney, World Showcase & Sea world.
the ones in disney you just pick a shell and get the pearl, and get get settings for it, at sea world there's divers that dive to the bottom of a pool/tank and get a shell for you to open.

Our trip dates are almost identical! I do hope that we have an opportunity to meet sometime while at GKTW. I'll be the one with the 3 curly little girls dressed all matchy matchy most of the time :lmao: and I know for a fact they will be wearing awesome coordinating hairbows nd headbands on at least 2 days! :rotfl2:
Here's my plan!

Wednesday, December 2nd
Leave our airport @ 3:40 PM
Arrive in Toronto @ 5:08 PM
Leave Toronto @ 8:10 PM
Arrive in Orlando @ 10:55 PM
You have such a long flight day! Pack snacks for the plane - it's so expensive to purchase food onboard! Are you checking into GKTW on this evening?

Thursday, December 3rd
Mom goes to orientation/ Everyone else goes to walmart.
we check into GKTW around noon on Thursday. We are also planning a trip over to WallyWorld sometime in the afternoon.Breakfast @ GKTW 8:00 AM
Epcot Future World (hours: 9am-7pm)
Soarin’>> Nemo>> Honey, I shrunk the audience>> shortcut through Rose Garden to World Showcase (hours: 11am- 9:30pm) Japan for pick a pearl>> Princess Dinner @ Norway Pavilion- Akershus Royal Hall @ 3:20 pm
Christmas @ GKTW 6:30 pm
You are going to LOVE Akershus! I think they give you a complimentary photo package for this dining experience now. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Friday, December 4th
Breakfast @ GKTW 8:00 AM
Animal Kingdom (hours: 9am- 6pm)
Camp Minnie Mickey>> Lion King Show>> Kilimanjaro Safari>> Discovery Island Trails
Lunch- Pizzafari in Animal Kingdom
Downtown Disney
Image Capture>> Pooh Corner>> World of Disney
Don't forget the Finding Nemo show. The best show in all of Disney in my opinion!!!
Saturday, December 5
Sea World (park hours: 9 am- 9 pm)
Dolphin Nursery>> Dolphin Cove>> Believe show (show times: 12:30, 2:30, 5:00)>> Wild Arctic
Lunch: Mango Joe's Café or The SeaFire Inn at Seaworld
Shamu: close-up>> Shark encounter>> penguin encounter>> Turtle point
Late Supper @ GKTW (gingerbread house open until 9PM)
We are going to Sea World on Monday and I am completely clueless! Maybe I can get some tips from you after you go?
Sunday, December 6th
Universal Studios (park hours: 9 am – 6 pm)
Shrek 4D>> Horror Make-up show
Islands of Adventure (park hours: 9 am – 6 pm)
Explore seussville>> Grinchmas (show times: 12p, 1p, 2p, 3:30p, 4:30p, 5:30p)
Lunch @ Circus McGurkus Cafe in seussville
Explore toon lagoon and eat supper at Comic Strip Café
and I would be happy to give you some pointers on this park as we are headed there on the previous Friday
Monday, December 7th
Breakfast @ GKTW 8:00 am
Magic Kingdom (park hours: 9am- 8pm)
Monsters Inc.>> Toontown>> Peter pan?
Hollywood Studios (park hours: 9am-7pm)
Muppet Vision>> Sounds Dangerous
Back to Magic Kingdom for Spectro (7pm) & Wishes (8pm)
just my opinion, but sounds dangerous is kinda lame. Stay late enough at HS to see the Osborne Festival of Lights! Anyone know what time these are lit at each evening?
Tuesday, December 8th
Hang out at GKTW and Downtown Disney
OR back to Islands of adventure/ Universal Studios

Wednesday, December 9th
Leave GKTW at 11am
Leave Orlando Airport @ 1:45 pm
Arrive in Toronto @ 4:30 pm
Leave Toronto Airport @ 8:00 pm
Arrive in our airport @ 11:00 pm

I had this all done, and i showed my mom, and she said "are we eating?"
I forgot to put dinner times/ places because i dont eat :rolleyes1

Do you have the general schedul for GKTW? There are activities almost every evening back at the village as well as character meet and greets most mornings. Thursday evening is Christmas at GKTW, Friday is a Pirates and Princesses Party, Saturday is Mayor Clayton's Birthday Party. Sunday is the World's Largest Candyland game, Monday is Discovery Cove Animal Exploration, Tuesday is Family Fun Night, and Wednesday is Village Idol. These are always subject to change, but it seems to me there is almost always something going on at the village!

You're such a good planner! LOL @ having to go back and put meals in..you should have said.."Well, you can always stop and eat, but my plan is to go, go, go!" Seriously though, it looks like you really have it together, I know you're going to have an awesome trip!

So, I made another plan. The previous one i'm calling my "healthy disney plan" and this one is the "sick disney plan." I saw my doctor today, and he is really hesitant to let me go to florida. I'll try to explain my disease so it makes a little bit more sense. Basically, my liver doesn't make heme the right way. My liver skips a step in the heme biosynthesis, and I get excess porphyrins in my blood, which is toxic to my body. It caused my stomach to be partially paralyzed, which is why i'm tube fed. SO, when my body makes more blood, I get even more excess porphyrins. There's things that trigger this, which puts me into a porphyria attack. everyone with this disease has different triggers. Mine are the sun, UV lights, a bunch of foods, a bunch of meds and a whole bunch of other things. My porphyrin levels this week are already elevated, so if i'm in the sun without being super protected, or if anything else triggers me in florida, i'll have more porphyrins in my blood, which could attack my heart or lungs. Have I lost you yet? :rotfl:
So anyways, i needed to seriously cut back on the amount of things on my list, just incase. so now i have 2 lists. this is the second one:

Wednesday, December 2nd

Thursday, December 3rd
Mom goes to orientation
Soarin’>> Nemo>> Honey, I shrunk the audience>> shortcut through Rose Garden to World Showcase (hours: 11am- 9:30pm) Japan for pick a pearl>> Princess Dinner @ Norway Pavilion- Akershus Royal Hall @ 3:20 pm
Leave Epcot @ 6:00 pm

Friday, December 4th
Camp Minnie Mickey>>Kilimanjaro Safari
Downtown Disney (open until 11:30)
OR West side (open until midnight)

Saturday, December 5
Dolphin Nursery>> Dolphin Cove>> Believe show (show times: 12:30, 2:30, 5:00)
Lunch: Mango Joe's Café
Shamu: close-up>>penguin encounter

Sunday, December 6th
Shrek 4D
Explore toon lagoon, eat supper at comic strip cafe?? or GKTW

Monday, December 7th
Leave for Magic Kingdom @ 8:30 am
Monsters Inc.>> Toontown
Muppet Vision

Tuesday, December 8th
Hang out at GKTW and Downtown Disney/ West Side
OR back to Islands of adventure to eat lunch at comic strip cafe/ explore toon lagoon if we didn't have time.

Wednesday, December 9th
Leave GKTW at 11am

So, I made another plan. The previous one i'm calling my "healthy disney plan" and this one is the "sick disney plan." I saw my doctor today, and he is really hesitant to let me go to florida. I'll try to explain my disease so it makes a little bit more sense. Basically, my liver doesn't make heme the right way. My liver skips a step in the heme biosynthesis, and I get excess porphyrins in my blood, which is toxic to my body. It caused my stomach to be partially paralyzed, which is why i'm tube fed. SO, when my body makes more blood, I get even more excess porphyrins. There's things that trigger this, which puts me into a porphyria attack. everyone with this disease has different triggers. Mine are the sun, UV lights, a bunch of foods, a bunch of meds and a whole bunch of other things. My porphyrin levels this week are already elevated, so if i'm in the sun without being super protected, or if anything else triggers me in florida, i'll have more porphyrins in my blood, which could attack my heart or lungs. Have I lost you yet? :rotfl:

aw sweetie! First off, :hug:s to you. I'm so sorry that you are struggling right now. I'm happy to say that you did not lose me in the medical talk. I guess that is one of the benefits of a being a parent of a special needs child (and there are many more as well). I know you are really looking forward to this trip, but I hope that you would not put your health in jeapordy for it. I am certain that it can be rescheduled if necessary. That said, if you think going would be the best thing for you at this time, I am glad that you are being smart about it and adjusting your touring plans. You certainly don't want to over do it and spend half of your vacation in the hospital! A slow and steady pace will still allow you to see almost everything and still remain healthy. Do you have, or have access to, a wheelchair? If not, make sure you get one for your trip!
So anyways, i needed to seriously cut back on the amount of things on my list, just incase. so now i have 2 lists. this is the second one:

Wednesday, December 2nd
Take a nap during your layover - bring a blanket and travel pillow and spread out on some chairs.
Thursday, December 3rd
Mom goes to orientation
Try to sleep in this morning! You won't likely get to GKTW until nearly midnight! Add jet lag and a time change to that and you need to get some more sleep! I have heard the rope drop at Epcot isn't as spectacular as others.Epcot Future World (hours: 9am-7pm)
There is a Wish Room at Epcot where you can take a break/nap during the day. Your mom will get info on this at orientation.
Friday, December 4th
Don't stay out too late at DTD! Image Capture>> Pooh Corner>> World of Disney
remember that almost everything at AK is outdoors. The Nemo show and Festival of the Lion King are indoors however and can get you out of the sun for a while.
Saturday, December 5
Lots of walking at this park - take it easy!
Sunday, December 6th
Shrek 4D
GKTW usually has the World's Largest Candyland game on this evening.

Monday, December 7th
Monsters Inc.>> Toontown
Muppet Vision

Tuesday, December 8th
OR back to Islands of adventure to eat lunch at comic strip cafe/ explore toon lagoon if we didn't have time.

Wednesday, December 9th
Leave GKTW at 11am

The new touring plan looks great! I hope your porphryn counts begin to go down soon!

Wednesday, December 2nd

Thursday, December 3rd
Mom goes to orientation

Friday, December 4th

Saturday, December 5

Sunday, December 6th
Shrek 4D

Monday, December 7th
Monsters Inc.>> Toontown
Muppet Vision

Tuesday, December 8th

Wednesday, December 9th
Leave GKTW at 11am

Oh, Alyssa, I'm sorry you're having med issues so close to your trip. It's good thinking on your part to have a back-up plan in case you need it, just try not to push yourself too hard. :hug:

Wow! You leave in just a few days! I read your parts about staying out of the sun. It was cloudy a lot when we were there. I don't know if that will help or if it is the UV rays that come through the clouds that affect you. It does get dark in Florida around 5:30 or so. You could do some of the park stuff in the evenings after the sun goes down. I just came back from my son's Wish trip this Wednesday so let me know if I can answer any last minute questions! I hope your doctor lets you go. You will have a blast! :wizard:

Bless your heart...

I hope that you are feeling better and really hope that you have a fantastic trip!!! :goodvibes

I find out tomorrow afternoon whether i can go or not. Nothing like waiting till the last minute :rotfl:
I'm so excited, I still haven't started packing, though. I'm so scared for it to start, because i don't want it to be over ahah. I do have things to look forward to, like christmas and next year i get my own puppy. :lovestruc
I'm very excited to scrapbook the whole thing, and i'm making a big ol' video of everything! I got a memory card just for videos. :)
I also looked into the christmas things at disneyworld, and we're going to the mickeys jingle jungle parade and to see the osbourne lights. We're also going to the block party bash. (this is assuming i stay well enough to do all of this)

2 days!:cool1:

I find out tomorrow afternoon whether i can go or not. Nothing like waiting till the last minute :rotfl:
I'm so excited, I still haven't started packing, though. I'm so scared for it to start, because i don't want it to be over ahah. I do have things to look forward to, like christmas and next year i get my own puppy. :lovestruc
I'm very excited to scrapbook the whole thing, and i'm making a big ol' video of everything! I got a memory card just for videos. :)
I also looked into the christmas things at disneyworld, and we're going to the mickeys jingle jungle parade and to see the osbourne lights. We're also going to the block party bash. (this is assuming i stay well enough to do all of this)

If you can't go now...will they postpone it?

I hope you can go!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Christmas and your own puppy!!! Those are two awesome things. I love my little dog - even more than Christmas. :)

Im hoping you get the all clear and your health is well enough to enjoy your trip. Im sure they will postpone if you cant go right away.

They will postpone it, but it would have to be between november-january of next year. I'm almost positive i'll be able to go, though :)

The water pump in our house went, so i have to take a trip to my grandmothers tomorrow to do laundry, etc. My dad and his electrician friend have tried everything to fix it, but nothings worked. I think our house is cursed haha.
I finished packing tonight :cool1:, minus the stuff i'll need until before i go.
My brothers and dad are packing wednesday morning... haha. and my mom has like a big suitcase all to herself :rotfl: I just have my backpack with some clothes, most of the stuff is my hand sanitizer (i'm obsessed) and autograph books, journals, and my feeding tube stuff LOL. I ended up with 5 autograph books :confused3 I hope my brothers use one each, and i'm getting my niece autographs too. :hug:

next year i get my own puppy. :lovestruc

Hurray for puppies!!!! I hope you are doing better tomorrow and get the clearance! Could it also be associated with stress? Even good stress can cause so many issues. I think this trip is what's making you sick, so maybe you better go so it can be over with and stop causing you stress. ;)

Hey, was it you that I read on another thread mention you loved the Grinch? Did you know about the Grinch Character breakfast at Universal? I know you're older but still......you seem young at heart:) Just wanted to make sure you knew. You mentioned that you're planning to be at US on Sunday and that is one of the mornings they offer it. Price isn't all that bad since it's breakfast. Of course, if it wasn't you that mentioned it than you probably could give a rip huh?:rotfl2:

Thinking good thoughts for the :thumbsup2 on your trip:)

Pamela:santa:

Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

Hey, was it you that I read on another thread mention you loved the Grinch? Did you know about the Grinch Character breakfast at Universal? I know you're older but still......you seem young at heart:) Just wanted to make sure you knew. You mentioned that you're planning to be at US on Sunday and that is one of the mornings they offer it. Price isn't all that bad since it's breakfast. Of course, if it wasn't you that mentioned it than you probably could give a rip huh?:rotfl2:

Thinking good thoughts for the :thumbsup2 on your trip:)

Pamela:santa:

Matty's Wish Trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2325607

That was me! I did know about the grinch breakfast, but we're only doing one sit-down meal because i don't eat and its super awkward. I totally am young at heart. :)

I don't know how to quote 2 people at once.. but it is likely that it is stress (excitement, probably) that's making me feel sicker, but i'm also on antibiotics that make me sick, so maybe its the mix of both.

I am thinking positive thoughts and hoping your doc gives you the green light tomorrow! We would love to meet you and your family at GKTW!

Today is the big day! Hugs :hug: and popcorn::...I hope he gives you news that will be GOOD!

Hang in there either way! We are thinking about you guys.

i just got back from the hospital and....

I got the okay to go!!!!
:dance3::cheer2::cool1::woohoo::goodvibes:yay:

We leave home at noon tomorrow!!!

Woohoooooo! So happy to hear that you got the green light, Alyssa..don't forget there are washers & dryers in the villas at GKTW..so don't stress too much about the clothes, just take some with you to wash, if you need to!

i just got back from the hospital and....

I got the okay to go!!!!
:dance3::cheer2::cool1::woohoo::goodvibes:yay:

We leave home at noon tomorrow!!!

Yeah! I am so excited for you! I am so happy that you get to go on the trip! :banana: :yay: :cheer2: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :cheer2: :yay:

That was me! I did know about the grinch breakfast, but we're only doing one sit-down meal because i don't eat and its super awkward. I totally am young at heart. :)

I don't know how to quote 2 people at once.. but it is likely that it is stress (excitement, probably) that's making me feel sicker, but i'm also on antibiotics that make me sick, so maybe its the mix of both.

I just learned this a few weeks ago. There is a little " sign followed by a plus. Click on as many of those as you want to quote and then hit reply and all of the quotes will show up! You can do it! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter