My major maintenance issue at BCV

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
In light of all the maintenance issues being reported on these boards, I figured I'd finally report on my most major one at BCV. I had a light burn out. Honest! This was about 9:00 at night, so I called maintenance and said "When you get a chance, could you please drop off a new light bulb to ***. My light just burnt out" figuring at that hour I'd get one the next day. 10-15 minutes later, up comes maintenance (actually engineering, so we had a good laugh about going to school for THIS). So I took the light bulb, thanked him, and went to shut the door, intending to change the light bulb (after all, I went to an engineering college). "Oh, no, Ma'am", he said, putting his hand on the door, "We don't like our guests to change their own light bulbs". So within about 1/2 hour of hearing the pop of the light go out, I had a new, changed light bulb. Sometimes maintenance issues DO get addressed.

I have to pop in here with my 2 cents worth...:laughing: For what it's worth, everytime I stay at SSR, I have to call maintenance for something. :confused3
One year, at 9 pm as I was getting ready to make use of the jacuzzi tub, one of the jets stuck in an up position and shot water all over the wall and floor. Maintenance was there in less than 10 minutes with warm towels out of the dryer to soak up the water...:laundy:
Last year, when we arrived at SSR, our patio door wouldn't lock. Granted, being on the 4th floor didn't make this an emergency by any means but when I called maintenance, there was someone there within the hour. He worked on the door for over an hour to resolve the issue.:cheer2:
So, as an owner at SSR, I feel that my MF $$$ are being well used. I would have liked it better if everything was in good working order when we got there, but hey, parts wear out from use...:rolleyes1

A light bulb burned out! Oh my gosh. I cannot believe that such a horrible thing happened to you.;)

I would sell my points if I were you.:thumbsup2

A friend and I were at OKW in May, and on our first night, the smoke alarm went off at about 3:15 a.m.-- not the beep to indicate the battery was low, but the honest to god alarm. Called maintenance immediately, then again 20 minutes later. It was pouring rain, so we couldn't go outside, and neither of us is tall enough to get the thing down even standing on a chair. Also tried knocking it down with the broom handle to no avail. Finally, after about 30 minutes, our next door neighbor came over and took it down. Maintenance showed up about an hour after the call, at which point we were back in bed :sad2: It was one wild night!

(Oh, and there was no smoke or fire)

Actually maintenance at DVC resorts is one area I think is still up to par. That is the reason so many of us try to educate to call maintenance directly do not call the Front Desk/Call Center or housekeeping for maintenance issues.

We have always gotten quick responses from maintenance and even willing to schedule a visit to fix something on our schedule.

Actually maintenance at DVC resorts is one area I think is still up to par. That is the reason so many of us try to educate to call maintenance directly do not call the Front Desk/Call Center or housekeeping for maintenance issues.

We have always gotten quick responses from maintenance and even willing to schedule a visit to fix something on our schedule.

Yes, I agree! Maintenance positiions seem to still be filled by CM's and most of the workers at SSR have been there for years.
Housekeeping otoh, not so much!:goodvibes

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay!:wizard: It's nice to not run into any major issues on vacay!

We were staying at OKW this past weekend and our 3 year old DD locked us out of the bathroom at 1am. We tried several things to pop the door to no avail. Maintance was there in just a few minutes to let us in. They even suggested using a pen ink cartridge to pop the door if she did it again.

On our June stay at BWV, there were these little nats in the kitchen. I discovered that the disposal was the issue, I popped into the hall and found a housekeeper, told her of the problem and she gave me this type of bleach gel. I used it several times and a few minutes later returned it to her. She asked if everying was O.K. or did I need maintenance. BWV has the nicest and IMHO the most efficient maint/housekeeping staff.
DVC dollars pay for every resorts maintenance but I've found of late that the OKW mousekeeping staff is slipping quite a bit, perhaps they should get re-trained or replaced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter