My Magical Journey to Running the Half Marathon TR Link! p.107

Paying off credit card debt...that's HUGE!! :thumbsup2 Good for you!

And your husband should want to spoil you! You deserve it! :goodvibes

Paying off credit card debt...that's HUGE!! :thumbsup2 Good for you!

And your husband should want to spoil you! You deserve it! :goodvibes

I have had credit card debt since I became an adult (inherited some from my first husband :sad2: ) so paying it off will be a historical day for me (us)! And we vow never to have any again. And both of our cars will be paid off sometime next year (if not sooner if we can make extra payments). :cool1: Another thing we vow to never have again are car payments!! :banana: Then all we'll have left is my student loan and start saving for a down payment on a house (finally!). :thumbsup2

I think we both will deserve spoiling when he gets home. :goodvibes

Wow! Paying off credit cards & car payments all in the same year - that is something HUGE to celebrate!! :worship:

We made a huge dent in our credit card debt with DH's recent bonus, but it's not all paid off... :rolleyes1 We paid off all of our student loans a few years back - let me tell you, that felt like a big accompishment! Unfortunately all the credit card debt we'd accumulated while trying to pay for the student loans was still hanging around... :headache: But we're making progress - until the next big thing breaks!

Wow! Paying off credit cards & car payments all in the same year - that is something HUGE to celebrate!! :worship:

We made a huge dent in our credit card debt with DH's recent bonus, but it's not all paid off... :rolleyes1 We paid off all of our student loans a few years back - let me tell you, that felt like a big accompishment! Unfortunately all the credit card debt we'd accumulated while trying to pay for the student loans was still hanging around... :headache: But we're making progress - until the next big thing breaks!

The credit cards will be paid off this year and the cars next. I'd already paid off student loans once, but I took out a bunch to finally get a degree. I actually have almost enough credits for a Bachelor's but at two different schools so I only have an Associates. I feel like I paid for it twice! :sad2: I was planning on getting my Bachelor's through University of Phoenix online (that's how I got my Associate's with transferred credits from UMaine), but I decided 1) they charge way too much and 2) I'm not getting anymore in debt!

I read Dave Ramsey's book last year, and while I don't follow his plan strictly anymore, I still keep a lot of his suggestions in my head. It really changed how I look at debt.

I'm just wondering if he thought it tasted bad or he got sick. If he got sick, chances are it was a fluke thing. But, Roaring Forks is counter service, right? So, we probably wouldn't be eating there anyway.

We've eaten at WCC twice and love it. But, it's always been for dinner. We'll definitely have breakfast there once or twice since it's so convenient. Definitely planning on trying out Artist Point. :thumbsup2

Roaring Forks is counter service but just to run in and grab an apple or banana or a bagel/cream cheese is very very pricey I thought. If you do indeed select WL, stop in and check their prices! If there is an option for you to bring some apples yourself, a box of those muffin tops, throw some healthy snacks from home in your bag. You will be glad you did. :goodvibes
WCC, I absolutely love. :thumbsup2

We did CS lunch and I had bfast at Roaring Forks. We were on the DDP so we thought it was fabulous but I might have felt differently if we were paying OOP. It is pretty small and could get crowded but we thought it was a decent selection of things for what it is.

Seriously nommy looking burger. I didn't have it but those who did inhaled it. I really wish I'd have gotten it as my sandwich wasn't nearly as good. I did like my yogurt parfait in the am though! :thumbsup2

Check it out.

WDW_090216_0237.jpg

Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom--stayed at both. Love both. I am a TOTAL water guy, but I found that sitting and watching the animals was just as relaxing....weird.

I'm so stoked for you getting all that debt paid off!! What a load off your shoulders! When we paid off our house about 3 years ago, we nearly did a happy dance when we put the check in the mail! It was sooooooooo freeing!

Now all that money from it as a rental is free and clear- well, except for what the gov't thinks is theirs. :headache:

Roaring Forks is counter service but just to run in and grab an apple or banana or a bagel/cream cheese is very very pricey I thought. If you do indeed select WL, stop in and check their prices! If there is an option for you to bring some apples yourself, a box of those muffin tops, throw some healthy snacks from home in your bag. You will be glad you did. :goodvibes
WCC, I absolutely love. :thumbsup2

I'll definitely be bringing some stuff along, but we will have 2 snack credits per person each day on the deluxe plan so we can use those to buy things too. :thumbsup2

We did CS lunch and I had bfast at Roaring Forks. We were on the DDP so we thought it was fabulous but I might have felt differently if we were paying OOP. It is pretty small and could get crowded but we thought it was a decent selection of things for what it is.

Seriously nommy looking burger. I didn't have it but those who did inhaled it. I really wish I'd have gotten it as my sandwich wasn't nearly as good. I did like my yogurt parfait in the am though! :thumbsup2

Check it out.

WDW_090216_0237.jpg

That burger does look tasty!

Great news on all the paying off of debt!!!

And you guys def deserve some Celebrating/cuddle time:hug:

Thanks! It's a great feeling. :goodvibes

Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom--stayed at both. Love both. I am a TOTAL water guy, but I found that sitting and watching the animals was just as relaxing....weird.

I'm hearing lots of great things about WL. :thumbsup2

I'm so stoked for you getting all that debt paid off!! What a load off your shoulders! When we paid off our house about 3 years ago, we nearly did a happy dance when we put the check in the mail! It was sooooooooo freeing!

Now all that money from it as a rental is free and clear- well, except for what the gov't thinks is theirs. :headache:

Our plan is to save up quite a big chunk of money for a down payment on a house so that when Chuck retires in 3 years, we can finally purchase our first one (at almost 40 years old, I think it'll be about time!) and then pay it off quickly since we won't have any other debt and will be receiving Chuck's pension on top of his salary from a new job. :thumbsup2

That is an awesome plan!! That pension is going to be suh-weet!!! Added to another salary, you should be able to afford a house no problem!! :thumbsup2:woohoo::cool1:

WOW, Carissa your perseverance is SO inspiring! You are doing OUTSATNDING!! I bet journaling on here and having all the great feedback is very helpful!! You and Chuck deserve this trip so much!! I say indulge and splurge! Just my 2 cents of course!;) I LOVE the idea of you staying at the Wilderness Lodge! If you still plan on doing Deluxe, you should give the Cali Grill or Narcoosees a try. We ate at both last year and the views were amazing...best in Disney and the food was terific too! How exciting to plan all of this!!:thumbsup2

That is an awesome plan!! That pension is going to be suh-weet!!! Added to another salary, you should be able to afford a house no problem!! :thumbsup2:woohoo::cool1:

It'll make the 20 years of dealing with the military worth it. :thumbsup2

WOW, Carissa your perseverance is SO inspiring! You are doing OUTSATNDING!! I bet journaling on here and having all the great feedback is very helpful!! You and Chuck deserve this trip so much!! I say indulge and splurge! Just my 2 cents of course!;) I LOVE the idea of you staying at the Wilderness Lodge! If you still plan on doing Deluxe, you should give the Cali Grill or Narcoosees a try. We ate at both last year and the views were amazing...best in Disney and the food was terific too! How exciting to plan all of this!!:thumbsup2

Thanks Diane! I look forward to coming here after my workouts and journaling about it. Helps keep me motivated for sure. :thumbsup2

We're definitely eating at California Grill. So many great restaurants - it's hard to fit them all in!

~ W6D2 ~

Today's intervals were two 10-minute runs with a 3-minute walk in between. It took me a couple of minutes to warm up and find my rhythm. My legs actually hurt at first. Not sure what was up with that. But, I felt better as it went on. My breathing was a bit tough towards the end of the second run, but I made it through. I still find it tough to run and it never feels easy (I've read others on the program use the word easy some days and I'm wondering if I'll ever feel that way :confused3 ), but I continue to improve. I remember just a short time ago a short 3 minute recoup walk between two 10-minute runs would have been impossible.

I really would like to increase my speed. I feel like such a turtle. I swear I am the slowest one on the C25K thread. But, I find even increasing my speed a tiny bit makes it all seem harder. Maybe it's mental? I have thought about increasing by .1 each workout, but I'm not sure if I should just continue at 4.0 until I finish the program and then work on speed? It seems like too much to increase the length of my runs and my speed at the same time. What do you seasoned runners think?

Even though I may only be going 4.0 mph, I still get winded, I still sweat a ton, and I know I'm getting a good workout. If I'm feeling tired, I keep my steps very small and when I feel stronger, I make more of a running stride. I haven't had any pain with running. My head tells me to just stick with what's working for me and not compare myself to others. :rolleyes1

Tuesday is a 25 minute run. :eek:

“Everybody gets knocked down. Everybody gets knocked down. How quick are you gonna get up? Just how are you gonna get up?"

~ The Hours - "Ali in the Jungle"

My totals for today:

Speed: 3.5 for warm up, 4.0 for jogs/3.3 brisk walk/ 3.5 cool down
Duration: 34 minutes
Distance: 2.15 miles

Great job Carissa! I'd just stick to the speed you feel comfortable at for now and worry about increasing it later. Just remember though you'll always feel a bit winded when running and you never stop sweating. It just comes with the territory:goodvibes

Great job! I am not a seasoned runner but I would stick with what you are comfortable with for now. When you get up to the 30 minute run and do that a few times, then I would start turning it up for maybe the last minute. Then the next time do the last two minutes, then gradually work backwards. I have heard from experienced runners to keep your hardest work for last so you don't tire yourself out (instead of starting fast then turning it down). Anyway, you are doing amazingly well! Congrats!

:yay:Carissa you're doing really well-I'd agree with everyone else and say keep doing whats working for you-forget everyone else! Anyway you're running further each time and from someone still on week 1 I'd say that's amazing!:woohoo:

Your plans for trip/house and Chucks retirement sound pretty good too:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter