My Magical Journey to Running the Half Marathon TR Link! p.107

The credit cards will be paid off this year and the cars next. I'd already paid off student loans once, but I took out a bunch to finally get a degree. I'm not getting anymore in debt!

I read Dave Ramsey's book last year, and while I don't follow his plan strictly anymore, I still keep a lot of his suggestions in my head. It really changed how I look at debt.

This is something I totally support you in. I charged too much of our last three trips, and once I get that paid off, I'm going back to the old ways - pay the rooms ahead and charge the food and souvenirs, but pay them off as soon as I get home. Charging builds up some Disney dollars, so it's a good thing if the charge is paid the next month.

Go Carissa Go! You are doing great! :goodvibes

Thanks! :)

Great job Carissa! I'd just stick to the speed you feel comfortable at for now and worry about increasing it later. Just remember though you'll always feel a bit winded when running and you never stop sweating. It just comes with the territory:goodvibes

That's good cause I don't feel like I've had a good workout unless I sweat! ;)

Great job! I am not a seasoned runner but I would stick with what you are comfortable with for now. When you get up to the 30 minute run and do that a few times, then I would start turning it up for maybe the last minute. Then the next time do the last two minutes, then gradually work backwards. I have heard from experienced runners to keep your hardest work for last so you don't tire yourself out (instead of starting fast then turning it down). Anyway, you are doing amazingly well! Congrats!

That is a very interesting concept and it makes complete sense. I just imagine having the energy at the end of a run to push it. But, I will definitely remember that. :thumbsup2

Go :cheer2: GO! :cheer2: GO!!!! :cheer2:

:yay:

:yay:Carissa you're doing really well-I'd agree with everyone else and say keep doing whats working for you-forget everyone else! Anyway you're running further each time and from someone still on week 1 I'd say that's amazing!:woohoo:

Your plans for trip/house and Chucks retirement sound pretty good too:woohoo:

I still average between a 15/16 minute mile, but that is with my warm ups and cool downs included. Maybe during the virtual 5K this week I can get a better idea of how I'm doing.

This is something I totally support you in. I charged too much of our last three trips, and once I get that paid off, I'm going back to the old ways - pay the rooms ahead and charge the food and souvenirs, but pay them off as soon as I get home. Charging builds up some Disney dollars, so it's a good thing if the charge is paid the next month.

We got rid of our Disney Visa a while back. The amount of dollars we earned just wasn't worth the risk of carrying a balance and having to pay a finance charge. We're better off just not having any credit card debt. We will continue to keep our two cards from USAA (one in each of our names), but don't plan to use them.

We got rid of our Disney Visa a while back. The amount of dollars we earned just wasn't worth the risk of carrying a balance and having to pay a finance charge. We're better off just not having any credit card debt. We will continue to keep our two cards from USAA (one in each of our names), but don't plan to use them.

Wise,wise move!! You are going to LOVE being debt free! It is so nice to not have those payments hanging over you like a dead horse. Wait, is that how that old saying goes. I think I'm losing my command of English idioms. :confused3

I am not a runner so can't help there. As far as speed goes, is that really what matters right now? That's what I'd ask myself. Seems to me working on endurance, as you are, will get you the speed over time and you have plenty of time to get there.

You are doing great!!!!!!!!!!1

Wise,wise move!! You are going to LOVE being debt free! It is so nice to not have those payments hanging over you like a dead horse. Wait, is that how that old saying goes. I think I'm losing my command of English idioms. :confused3

Our credit card payments aren't really a huge issue (I pay well above the minimum) although it will be nice to not have the debt hanging over us like a dead horse. ;) It's our two car payments that kill us. Why we ever did that, I do not know. :sad2:

I am not a runner so can't help there. As far as speed goes, is that really what matters right now? That's what I'd ask myself. Seems to me working on endurance, as you are, will get you the speed over time and you have plenty of time to get there.

You are doing great!!!!!!!!!!1

It doesn't matter at all. It's just me comparing myself to others and feeling like the slow poke of the bunch. I need to get over it. :rolleyes1

I would stick with your current speed for now if I were you...there's no reason to speed up yet. You are doing just fine, keep up the great work. :thumbsup2

Good luck tomorrow!!! :)

It's more that you've stayed committed than the distance you are going :thumbsup2

Congrats on sticking around

We totally regreted our last car on credit purchase too. Never, never again.

did some more research on the C25K this weekend. Weather is slowly warming up- almost time to start!!

I would stick with your current speed for now if I were you...there's no reason to speed up yet. You are doing just fine, keep up the great work. :thumbsup2

Good luck tomorrow!!! :)

Thanks!

Well, I had heard a lot about it, but it did not live up to all the hype.

It was the worse thing I have ever had at a Disney establishment.

That stinks.

It's more that you've stayed committed than the distance you are going :thumbsup2

Congrats on sticking around

Thanks J!

We totally regreted our last car on credit purchase too. Never, never again.

did some more research on the C25K this weekend. Weather is slowly warming up- almost time to start!!

Woohoo! Gorgeous day here today!

Just a short note to say that I probably won't be around too much the next two weeks. I have family coming down to visit on Thursday so lots to do between now and then. I will continue to try and keep up with my journal posts when I do my runs. Today's 25 minute run has been postponed until tomorrow. I had a bad migraine all day yesterday and took some Tylenol PM when I went to bed. I'm still feeling groggy this morning.

We're heading outside today to enjoy the gorgeous weather!

Hope you have a wonderful time of family!! Focus your energy there- you can never lose on that front!! :thumbsup2

:cool1:The sun is shining here too-we're off to feed the ducks:thumbsup2
Enjoy having your family over:thumbsup2

Enjoy your time with your family Carissa! :thumbsup2

feel better and enjoy the sun! it always helps

Enjoy the time with your family! :goodvibes

Thanks everyone! We had some lovely weather here lately. Yesterday it reached 72! :goodvibes Raining today, but the temps are supposed to stay warm so I can deal with that.

So, I haven't worked out since Saturday. My body has not been feeling 100% and we've been so busy. I'm worried with family visiting (they're all staying in Williamsburg - about an hour's drive each way for me) that I'll have a hard time fitting it in again this week. But, I know that even if I don't do any running or cross training until they leave next Friday, I will still get back to it. I never do very well when my routine gets messed with. Bad habit of mine. I had good intentions, but then the migraines and other womenly stuff threw me off track. :sad2:

Hang in there with me! I will be back and completing that 25 minute run. :cool1:

Thanks everyone! We had some lovely weather here lately. Yesterday it reached 72! :goodvibes Raining today, but the temps are supposed to stay warm so I can deal with that.

So, I haven't worked out since Saturday. My body has not been feeling 100% and we've been so busy. I'm worried with family visiting (they're all staying in Williamsburg - about an hour's drive each way for me) that I'll have a hard time fitting it in again this week. But, I know that even if I don't do any running or cross training until they leave next Friday, I will still get back to it. I never do very well when my routine gets messed with. Bad habit of mine. I had good intentions, but then the migraines and other womenly stuff threw me off track. :sad2:

Hang in there with me! I will be back and completing that 25 minute run. :cool1:

The weather is warming up here, too, but with that comes rain. Oh well, I'd rather it be rainy than icy.

You need the family time. You've shown your tenacity. Enjoy the family, and you'll get back on track with your running in time. I'm looking forward to spring break next week, when I can finally get out and walk! :cool1:

Hang in there with me! I will be back and completing that 25 minute run. :thumbsup2

We'll be hanging in there and cheering you on-the fact that you,re thinking positively shows you'll do it. Life does have a habit of mucking up our routines doesn't it! Enjoy the break and then get back to it or there'll be no guiness drunk for you on St Paddy's day! Lol:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter