My Grampy's in heaven now...

noel

<font color=blue>I'm going to DisneyWorld!<br><fon
Well, after a long hard battle w/cancer, my Grandpa Gene passed away this morning at about 9am. My Aunt Joanne was with him as he took his last breath.

It's been a very long day, but we are all very much at peace knowing he is not suffering anymore. It's hard not to be selfish and still want him here, but I know he's with God now.

DH called me at work a few minutes after he passed and we went to my Grandma Evie's house. My Mom, brother and Dad were there with her. Together we went to the hospital for one last goodbye. He STILL looked like nothing was wrong even after 6 months of chemo and radiation!

This afternoon my Aunt, Mom, cousin and I went and made arrangements for his memorial service on Saturday. I may attempt to sing "Amazing Grace" at the service, but we'll see how I feel about that tomorrow once this sinks in a little more. The last thing I need to do is not make it the song w/out breaking down and upset Grandma or Mom even more.

I'll post a link to his obituary tomorrow. My cousin and I wrote it and I want to share it w/everyone here. Friday is my 30th birthday and I'll be spending the evening going thru photos for the memorial service with my family. With all that's happened, I don't feel much like celebrating anyways w/out my Grampy, so this will be good therapy for all of us.

Again thanks for all of your prayers, pixie dust and encouraging thoughts over the past several months. It's meant a lot to me and my family. I love you all for that, very much.
Noel

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandfather. :(
You and your family will be in my prayers. {{{{{{hugs}}}}}

So sorry to hear your news :( Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jill

I am so sorry for your loss. At least he isn't suffering anymore. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Sorry about your dear, precious Grandpa, Noel. My thoughts are with you during this very difficult time. I hope you are able to sing 'Amazing Grace', it would be a nice tribute.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Noel. I went through a markedly similar experience with my grandpa in July 1987. It is very hard not to be selfish and wish for loved ones to remain with us. Just know that you now have a very special angel on your side. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May you find peace and comfort in your wonderful memories. {{BIG HUGS}}}

I am sorry to hear about your grandpa, Noel. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. {{{HUGS}}}

Noel I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. As you said he is with God now and he is no longer in any pain. You and your family are in my prayers {{hugs}}

I'm sorry for your loss, honey, but I know that it is a relief to know that your grandfather is no longer in pain.

{{{HUGS}}} sweetie.

Katholyn

I'm so sorry Noel. Many hugs and Prayers for you and your family.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grampy. May God's peace be with you and your family.

So sorry Noel. He is now at peace and free from pain and suffering.
{{{HUGS}}} to you and your family.

My condolences on the loss of your grandfather, Noel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter