My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov. 14 TR RL UPDATE 7/12 Pg. 22

I fell way behind but am all caught up...

I'm so glad Poadon is doing better! And despite the broken toe hampering your training you did it, congratulations on the half!

Your link doesn't work. Now I have to go searching for your new TR. I'm only a couple weeks late, right?

Now I'm officially over-the-moon excited for BOG dinner. OMG OMG OMG.

The restaurant really impressed me this time around. The first time we ate there was middle of the road, but this time it was great.

Enjoying reading your TR! Just ran across it and realized I recognized your name from Rob's TR! Looking forward to reading along.

I'm impressed you were up and at 'em that early after such a late arrival! That's Disney dedication :) Wow they aren't kidding about the crazy crowds at Epcot during F&W huh? Rough morning, I'm glad you were able to get everything worked out--and more importantly get to the FOOD! (I may or may not have clicked on the link cause it had the word "fork" in it...so it's obvious what my priorities are haha!)

Tinker Bell is such a fun meet! I love that she noticed your dress. The weather was yucky that night--we were sitting in it watching Fantasmic! I do love Be Our Guest. I'd heard it was kind of overhyped but thankfully our first visit definitely met our expectations. Maybe they just needed some time to work out the kinks!

I'm glad you're here! So sweet of Rob to mention me in his TR's at times. :)

It was definitely an early morning, but it was worth it to get up and get going. Even though the morning didn't go the way I had planned it to.

Listen, food is an important component! Those kind of references in titles draw me in too. Hahaha.

Tinkerbell is so adorable! I love meeting her. It was yucky that night! We ended up leaving not too long afterwards because of the mist that had started. I know that the Wine and Dine half was that night and wasn't a great run for anyone.

I fell way behind but am all caught up...

I'm so glad Poadon is doing better! And despite the broken toe hampering your training you did it, congratulations on the half!

He is doing better, thanks so much! Yeah, the broken toe was definitely a bump in the road, but everything ended up working in the end.

Your link doesn't work. Now I have to go searching for your new TR. I'm only a couple weeks late, right?

I fixed it now. So stupid, I was doing it the old way.

Hi everyone! I'm back and getting on a regular updating schedule. Thanks for hanging in there with me this last 2 months while my Pop went through his surgery and while I was on my PHM trip.

We left off on my last update having had dinner at Be Our Guest with the amazing Shelly. After that was done, of course we had to go and meet the master and get some pictures. Pop decided that he didn't need a picture with the master, because he had to potty, and I think he didn't want to be rude cutting back in line. So Mom, Julia, and I hopped in line.

Odd thing. About four guests in front of me, a girl was wearing the same dress I was! So funny that we were both wearing it to our dinner at Be Our Guest. The CM that was the character attendant for the Beast was shocked about the dress too. She was asking me about it and where I got it. Because apparently, the girl in front of me simply answered "online". Well considering there are a bajillion ways to buy merchandise online, that was vague girly. Random though. Why is it that people do that? Like, someone asks you a question and you just go "online" and move on? Give some specifics.

Which I did. I told the CM that it was from Black Milk Clothing, which she thanked me for and wrote down. She said that her friend would absolutely love the dress, so she wanted to know where to get it.

So the CM made a big deal out of highlighting my dress for the Beast and he absolutely loved it.

Beast is so funny when you get hugs from him. It's like you get completely enveloped by him. GET IN HERE!

After our meet and greet, we headed out into the front of the restaurant to meet up with Pop. And had to take a picture of pantsless Adam.

Perhaps he got this memo.

I had to take a picture in front of pantsless Adam. Because stained glass.

We headed over to the shop to check out the goods. Plus, it was started to drizzle a little. You know the annoying mist drizzle? That stuff just drives me crazy.

Pop of course was up to no good.

And Mom joined in.

Julia becomes obsessed with trying on hats and ears of all kinds.

After exploring for a little while, Mom and Pop decided that they were going to head back to their room. Julia and I decided to stay for a little bit longer. It was still drizzling a little bit, but we didn't care too much about that. Since we were in the area, we figured we would check out the Little Mermaid.

Julia liked it, but she really enjoyed pretty much anything we did. I'm excited that she's coming back to WDW with me in September. We'll have a great time.

There was no wait for Ariel, so I figured why not, let's go and see our favorite mermaid.

The CM that was in line was hysterical. He would take Scuttle, put him on the ground, and then ask kids if they had any idea where Scuttle went.

Little known fact. I have a Scuttle doll from a 1991 WDW trip. And I believe I still have it. So when I saw the Scuttle doll, I totally had a flashback moment.

We only waited a few minutes and then headed in.

This Ariel was.....slightly off-putting. I can't quantify it, and I can't exactly find a GIF or something that appropriately demonstrates what she was doing. But she was abrupt. She would move her head around in really sharp movements, especially when we were posing in pictures. Like all of the things in your head you think Models do when they pose for pictures, but we all know they don't? She was doing that. Not my favorite Ariel.

Imagine when you look at the first picture and then the second that she was quickly changing the position of her head every time.

She was nice, but not great. Oh well. Julia didn't know any different so I was all good. Ha!

After meeting her, we both admitted that we were getting cold. Originally we were planning on staying to watch Wishes, but the rain was getting heavier and we were cold because of it. We figured we would call it a night and head back to the hotel. The bus came really quickly and we were back to the hotel in no time. Julia was over the moon happy that she was able to eat at Be Our Guest. I was glad we got that reservation too. At first I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to, but it all worked out in the end.

Up next: That guy looks like Jesus!

Your clothes are always so cute. I love how you are always dressed to fit the day. So perfect! :worship:

Of course you mean you'll be updating regularly until the next trip comes along in a couple of months, right? :p

Yeah, I think some people somehow think they're special that they somehow clicked a link and found something nice and don't want to share. Like they actually accomplished something. Good grief. Then again there is only one online store on the internet, so I'm sure that's it.

Hahahaha, good ol' pantsless Adam. How is this still a thing?

There was no wait for Ariel, so I figured why not, let's go and see our favorite mermaid.

Wait, are you implying there are other mermaids????

Eesh, Ariel sounds almost animatronic. I hope this isn't the future of Disney Meet and Greets.

And had to take a picture of pantsless Adam.

Perhaps he got this memo.

Seriously! It still amazes me that no one else saw this as pantsless prior to it being committed to glass. But then again, it sure would have spoiled the fun for all of us! ;)

I know I've already commented on your dress, but I really love it! I also really appreciate that you themed it out for the occasion of your BoG dinner! I haven't yet been to BoG but I have a lunch ADR for my May trip and am very excited!!!

Based on your description of "model Ariel", I have a very vivid picture in my head of how that meet went :laughing: Also, I may or may have that picture set to Madonna's "Vogue" - strike a pose! But glad that Julia was none the wiser and enjoyed it! :goodvibes

I love all of your pictures with Beast! Pictures with him are always funny because he's so big and he kinda takes over the picture ... but in a good way.

I never noticed that he's not wearing pants in the mosaic. Weird ... doesn't seem very Disney-appropriate.

Swordfight ... I guess the knife fight just wasn't enough for your parents? They really are so entertaining! And I love Julia in her princess crown, too.

Ariel sounds ... weird. I can see why that was off-putting. At least Julia enjoyed!

I love your pictures with Beast! It's too bad the person in line was being so protective of her dress - I'm glad you were around to give all the necessary information to the CM!

Ah, pantless Adam... would it have killed the artisans to add a little more brown to those pieces of glass? :laughing:

That's too bad that your experience with Ariel was sub-par. From your pictures she looks a little loopy, so perhaps she was on some sort of meds? Who knows? :confused3

You look so so adorable in your dress! Love the pics with the Beast :)

Ariel does look a little...strange. Funny seeing her in her winter wear too.

Cute pictures with the beast!

Ahhh, the Pantsless Prince! Why in the world did they ever think that color was a good one for his pants? But at least it looks like he has them on on your dress. :rotfl:

Nothing like a good sword fight to round off the day.

Bummer that it was raining and you ended up missing Wishes. Wishes in the rain is no fun at all though since you have to look up to see the fireworks.

That Ariel looks kind of frightened. Like the regular girl called in sick and they pulled her off the popcorn stand, slapped a wig on her and told her to make nice.

Loving your TR as always Danielle! I will remember to look for Shelly next time I eat at BOG, and to try the grey stuff!

Gosh, that friend of Ariel is something. Looks like she's trying too hard maybe? Maybe she was a newbie??

Also! I meant to ask you earlier in the TR. You may have said it but I probably forgot haha. IS WLV your home DVC resort? My grandparents have DVC and their home resort is OKW, but I love seeing what other peoples are! I love DVC! I can't wait to stay at WLV one day, they look so nice. :)

If at any point I get cold at Disney World, I buy a sweatshirt. #ireallyshouldplanbetter #somanysweatshirts

Super cute dress!

Online. My theory is people say that deliberately as they want to be special and heaven forbid someone copy them as that would take away their specialness.

Glad you were able to share that top secret info!

Ariel looks creepy. Like she is half frozen plastic or something and can't quite figure out how to pose but she knows she is supposed to.

I met the scariest Elsa this past trip. Granted it's the only meet I've ever had with Elsa but her friend couldn't have gotten the character more wrong in my opinion.

Danielle, I adore your dress! And you look so cute in it. You are right...the Beast just envelopes you (I always feel like a midget next to him).

Can you imagine Mark and Popadon with swords? Heaven help us.

Ariel looks weird!!! I'm sorry, but some of these princesses do NOT look anything like they should look or what we've come to expect.

Last edited:
No pants'!!!!!!!! How have I looked at that window multiple times and not noticed he is pantsLess. So totally gotta take my picture with it too. Think I can get away with no pants too ; )

Awkward Ariel. Clearly didn't see her go all zoolander on you, but you can just tell something is off in the picture. Is it just me or does she look a bit like lady gaga? And what's up with that giant muff she's wearing? Doesn't she know Hugh has the grotto heated (random playboy mansion reference which up to Ariel is what I equated grotto with)

Can't wait for Jesus. Still not convinced it's not Pop

Beast with pants> pantsless Beast.

The Beast is always a great hug!

That Ariel seems off... I'm imagining like a cockatiel:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter