My first ever pre-trippie for WDW

Great plans!:thumbsup2
I've really enjoyed reading them, we're at Wilderness Lodge 2weeks before you but there's no surprises for DD or DGF, I'll have to think of a couple.......

Great plans!:thumbsup2
I've really enjoyed reading them, we're at Wilderness Lodge 2weeks before you but there's no surprises for DD or DGF, I'll have to think of a couple.......

I'm only throwing in surprises because this is their first trip. I'm guessing that this is not your first (or last) trip.;)

ESTA's are all done now! Wooooooooo!
Another job off the list.
September will be the month to buy $$$$$$$
October will be the month to do my Garden Grocer order.
Have I forgotten anything?:surfweb:

Loving your PTR :) You have chosen some great ADRs and your DDs will love BBB - as a pp said I wish there was one for adults! I'll be following closely :)
We're in the middle of planning our first visit with our DS. He will still be too small to have it be a surprise as such but when he gets bigger I'd love to surprise him like you are doing! The thought of seeing your child/childrens faces when you spring that surprise on them....oh how I wish I had gotten that surprise when I was small - oh how I wish DH would take the initiative and surprise me! Haha!

joolz1910 said:
Lol, I feel exactly the same!

We can always dream ;) And in the meantime plan plan plan! For me thats half the fun! I'm subbing to touringplans again for this trip but I've been putting it off cause I know I will be completely addicted to making out lists between now and May! Lol

We can always dream ;) And in the meantime plan plan plan! For me thats half the fun! I'm subbing to touringplans again for this trip but I've been putting it off cause I know I will be completely addicted to making out lists between now and May! Lol

I must admit, I have enjoyed planning all of the details. I am trying not to 'over-plan' as I want the rest of my family to have some choice.:rotfl:

just caught up with all your updates - it's coming together nicely now!

Your ADR choice looks fab, pleased that you got everything that you wanted.

Now that we've reached the magical 1 year to go mark, I'm getting into planning big time!

Do they still have no idea that they're going?

just caught up with all your updates - it's coming together nicely now!

Your ADR choice looks fab, pleased that you got everything that you wanted.

Now that we've reached the magical 1 year to go mark, I'm getting into planning big time!

Do they still have no idea that they're going?

Congratulations on your 1 year countdown!
My eldest knows we are going but the other two are completely oblivious! I can't wait to see their faces when they find out.:goodvibes

joolz1910 said:
I must admit, I have enjoyed planning all of the details. I am trying not to 'over-plan' as I want the rest of my family to have some choice.:rotfl:

Well as of today my mum (my parents, aunt, uncle, my sister and her DBF are coming too) has told me to "please leave several days as either lazy days or half days at the parks" so I'll be trying my best not to over plan ;) I've only recently discover Dis and its giving me loads of great ideas already! Wish I'd known about it when planning our Disneymoon!

OK, I've done a complete U turn about driving. I have been adamant that I would not drive, now I'm seriously considering it. Here are my thoughts:

Pros
Convenience
Saves time
Free parking
Parking space outside villa
Might stop meltdowns with kids (particularly DD 12 who has acute anxiety)

Cons
There is FREE transportation onsite, why pay?
Extra money
Fear of driving in US
DH doesn't drive

Will ponder this all week....:confused3

Well, I have taken the plunge and hired a car. It is a Chevrolet Equinox which is an intermediate SUV. It only cost £200, thanks to Wayne for the discounted link! I am actually quite looking forward to driving now. I'm definitely not going offsite, but I like the idea of how convenient it will be.

I decided to pick the car up on our first full day, so I would be rested when I went to pick it up. I am also returning it the day before we come home, so that I am not faffing on the last day.

Going to be getting dollars in the next few weeks. Still need to photocopy passports.

I have started packing.:blush: Just sneaking things in one case like t.shirts and shorts for the kids, aqua shoes for the water parks, MNSSHP costumes etc. It's starting to feel very very close now!

I've told Nationwide and Barclays that I going abroad - hopefully that means my cards won't be blocked. Bought a travel plug too. Can't seem to shift that last half a stone.

Got my dollars today :) I only wanted about $400, so I got them from Tesco at 1.57. The rate had been 1.58 and I didn't want to risk it going down again!

Got some diazpam for DD too. I'm going to get her to try it before we fly so that we can see what effect it has on her first.

Printed off the kids eat free voucher for Franie and Benny's at Manchester airport.

Soooooo many little jobs to do!

I need to sort $ & top up Fair Fx card, get cases down and start packing. Just hoping I don't start second guessing my plan and rejigging it last minute!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards app

We still need to get some dollars.

I've not got much to do now except pack.

I keep thinking of little essential jobs like photocopying passports. I am dreading packing as it will be a mammoth task to keep it a secret.

I need to sort $ & top up Fair Fx card, get cases down and start packing. Just hoping I don't start second guessing my plan and rejigging it last minute!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using DISBoards app

I keep looking at my plans and thinking about rejigging - must resist!

Right - a quick update:

I've managed to get an ADR at 'Ohana on Halloween! Very pleased.:)
My flight tickets arrived. I've reserved seats.
I've photocopied the passports.
I've ordered facepaints for Halloween costumes, bought a bargain black rose (£1 from Asda) for my Corpse Bride DD, got DH swim shorts and trainers, bought middle DD a fleece, bought eldest DD swimsuits.
Just bits and pieces to do now.
It feels scarily close now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter