My DVC guide is a disaster, any guide recommendations?

Has anyone recently been able to break up an initial 150 point purchase into 2 contracts? Specifically, 2 home resorts? We’d really like to buy 75 at one resort and 75 at another but our guide says this is not possible and the initial direct purchase has to be 150 points at one resort. Thanks!!

Years ago they were more flexible but now they are pretty strict on the minimum purchase being in one contract.

I know of people who were turned away when they wanted to buy less when it was 100.

Right now, I think it’s going to be tough to get them to bend. Good luck.

Tony Taffi is mine and I really like him. He is nice, not pushy, and very responsive.

Have you been in touch with Dani recently? She was our guide, but I received an email from someone named Victor Oliveira a few days ago. I tried emailing Dani, but it wouldn't go through. :(

This is the response I received:
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
(___________@disney.com)
Your message couldn't be delivered to the recipient because you don't have permission to send to it.
Ask the recipient's email admin to add you to the accept list for the recipient.
I also emailed her to ask about the VGF2 and got the same response. I guess she no longer works there. Sad.

OK....after reading all these comments I decided to stay the course and see what she could do. While I had concerns about misinformation, she was always available and followed-up. We just signed the paperwork for 125 points at CCV split into 2 contracts: 1 contract with Week#49 Walk In Shower Studio guaranteed (paid for 107 points), and a second contract for 18 points to complete the 125 and score a Blue Card. BTW I did not pay a premium in points for the GW...that was interesting but won't complain. Think if I have to sell down the road....a December Guaranteed week and an 18 point separate contract are two that should be desirable in resale. Now waiting on my 300 BWV Resale to pass ROFR! Thank you ALL for your guidance and advice. I think I ended in a much better place than the direction I was headed (125 points direct on BRV).

Congratulations! It is extremely hard to get a studio in December with or without a walk-in shower, and yours is guaranteed. We absolutely love Disney in December.

Week #49 has always been sold at 118 pts. for a studio GW @CCV. Did the OP get the paperwork stating the points? If not I would get clarification on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter