My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

Glad to know it works! I got it (the waffle iron) at Ross for like $14! I wish I would have kept it....turns out that "friend" didn't even like me!

:sad:

Hi All,
Preparing for our next trip to DL in May, 09 was wondering as now one of us is a diabetic, has anyone noted any sugar free items? Ice Creams or desserts, tough when all else can indulge but one.
Thanks for the great pics.

Hi All,
Preparing for our next trip to DL in May, 09 was wondering as now one of us is a diabetic, has anyone noted any sugar free items? Ice Creams or desserts, tough when all else can indulge but one.

Do you mean type 1 or type 2 diabetes?

Just 9 more days until the monte cristo! Woo hoo! Has anyone eaten breakfast at steakhouse 55? I dont remember...was it better than goofys?

Hi All,

I know that at the ice cream shop on Main Street they sell sugar free ice dream and it is so good!

I finally finished my trip report, so now I get to post all my food pics! :banana:

Corn dog from Red Wagon in Disneyland:

IMG_1034.jpg

Tinkerbell Twist in DCA:

IMG_1045.jpg

Italian Sausage from Award Wieners in DCA:

IMG_1087.jpg

Mark Twain w/bacon from Riverbelle Terrace in Disneyland:

IMG_1313.jpg

Chocolate Filled Croissant from Blue Ribbon Bakery in Disneyland:

IMG_1314.jpg

Corn dog from Corn Dog Castle in DCA:

IMG_1349.jpg

Chicken Nuggets from Stage Door Café in Disneyland:

IMG_1446.jpg

Mickey Pretzel with Cheese from cart in Disneyland:

IMG_1452.jpg

Churro from cart in Disneyland:

IMG_1458.jpg

Half a Turkey Sandwich and a Cup of Soup from Carnation Cafe in Disneyland:

IMG_1482.jpg

Pretzel Rod from Pooh's Corner in Disneyland:

IMG_1577.jpg

And lastly,

Popcorn in a Souvenir Bucket from a cart in Disneyland:

IMG_1580.jpg

All of it was SO yummy!

Here are a few pics of snacks. I tried to get mostly holiday ones. Sorry some of them are a little blurry.

I also noticed the corn dog truck was gone from its usual place on Main St. on Sat. :scared1: We visited it on Friday and got our corn dogs, so I was glad we did because other wise I would have missed it! I am not sure if it is back today or not because we only did DCA, then went home. I am guessing it went out to have something fixed, I hope it is back soon!

Pumpkin Muffins
DSC00159.jpg

Shortbread Snowmen
DSC00160.jpg

Cinnamon roll with extra icing
DSC00161.jpg

My fave!!
DSC00162.jpg

Cupcakes
DSC00163.jpg

DSC00164.jpg

Apples
DSC00166.jpg

DSC00170.jpg

Fudge
DSC00172.jpg

Ginerbread man
DSC00173.jpg

Snowman candy
DSC00174.jpg

Snowman candy
DSC00174.jpg

Those are cutaciously adorable!!! *As you can see, I added a word to the dictionary*
I didn't see those the last time I was there and now I want one! I'd just rather prefer it w/out the caramel. No one needs to see me stick my fingers in my mouth to get the caramel out. :laughing:
Hopefully someone will be there making them & do a special order for me. :goodvibes

Just 9 more days until the monte cristo! Woo hoo! Has anyone eaten breakfast at steakhouse 55? I dont remember...was it better than goofys?

Breakfast at Steakhouse 55 is AMAZING! such good food, and so much of it! and the price was really really good too! If being with the characters like at Goofies is not a priority for you at about $70. for 2 adults, and you just want a really really good breakfast in a lovely setting, try it you won't be disapointed!

Breakfast at Steakhouse 55 is AMAZING! such good food, and so much of it! and the price was really really good too! If being with the characters like at Goofies is not a priority for you at about $70. for 2 adults, and you just want a really really good breakfast in a lovely setting, try it you won't be disapointed!

DH and I are thinking about trying it. We want a nice big breakfast so we can skip lunch, ahem...try to skip lunch :laughing: Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2 We just might try it!

DH and I are thinking about trying it. We want a nice big breakfast so we can skip lunch, ahem...try to skip lunch :laughing: Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2 We just might try it!

I am sure you won't be disapointed! with my huge breakfast, I got a freshly baked blueberry muffin that I was able to take with me for a snack later!
the peppermint fudge is to die for!! and so is the candy cane bark, it's a white chocolate type candy base with the crushed up candy cane in it, harder than the fudge. I plan on bringing some of both home to seal up with my new food vacume sealer for a little taste of Disney Christmas through out the year! :santa:

Thanks, Mikayla, for posting all those great pictures! I think the Snowman shortbread cookies are adorable (not to self: add snowman cookie on to list with gingerbread man, cinnmon roll, peppermint fudge & ice cream, etc.) The cinnamon roll looks just as scrumptious as I remember it to be from when I had it, so I must get another one! The gingerbread man with Mouse ears looks slightly different than he looked last year. I can't tell if they made him shorter or softened his edges a bit, but he looks different. I will still get one, though! And I want to see if they have any peppermint cupcakes lurking around!

The peppermint bark is sold in a bunch of places around DLR - in Marceline's, I not only saw the fresher bark behind the counter, but whole gift boxes, small and large, of it on the shelves. They must make a ton of it daily!

I did a full write-up on my blog Famished L.A., so stop by for the full blow by blow of White Water Snacks. But I'll give you guys a summary of things.

White Water Snacks
Disney's Grand Californian Hotel

Char-Broiled Chicken Sandwich
3094781212_d57b7b615a.jpg

This had a juicy piece of chicken, a little spice from an ortega chili, and a creaminess from the guacamole which was more avocado then guacamole. This was good and I'd certainly get it again. Next time I'd add something like BBQ sauce or cheese if I feel like taking it away from a healthy meal.

Classic French Dip
3094781060_68f2b89f1f.jpg

The meat is tender and I liked the au jus even if it was a little salty. I think the dipping of the sandwich helped tone down the saltiness. I enjoyed this along with the fries it came with. I wonder if they'd put cheese on these?...

Shredded Beef Nachos
3094791406_11efd7f5c9.jpg

This is the same photo I posted a while ago, but in case you missed it here you go! Shredded beef and cheddar cheese on top of in-house made chips with a healthy plop of sour cream and guacamole. These are very good and surprisingly not as greasy as they look. I could seriously make a meal out of just this. Can you tell I like cheese?

This is actually a gingerbread Mickey from the Penny Arcade.
3094053349_e526744f63.jpg

I had to search for the one with the chocolate ears since they were out of them everywhere else. I scored the last one here much to the shargrin of another eyeballer.

The cookie was soft which I like, but I prefer my gingerbread cookies to be a bit more intense on the ginger. I think what made this cookie go from only ok to good were the chocolate Mickey ears. Chocolate and gingerbread were great together, and the cute mickey hat didn't hurt either.

I did a full write-up on my blog Famished L.A., so stop by for the full blow by blow of White Water Snacks. But I'll give you guys a summary of things.

White Water Snacks
Disney's Grand Californian Hotel

Char-Broiled Chicken Sandwich
3094781212_d57b7b615a.jpg

This had a juicy piece of chicken, a little spice from an ortega chili, and a creaminess from the guacamole which was more avocado then guacamole. This was good and I'd certainly get it again. Next time I'd add something like BBQ sauce or cheese if I feel like taking it away from a healthy meal.

This is actually a gingerbread Mickey from the Penny Arcade.
3094053349_e526744f63.jpg

I had to search for the one with the chocolate ears since they were out of them everywhere else. I scored the last one here much to the shargrin of another eyeballer.

The cookie was soft which I like, but I prefer my gingerbread cookies to be a bit more intense on the ginger. I think what made this cookie go from only ok to good were the chocolate Mickey ears. Chocolate and gingerbread were great together, and the cute mickey hat didn't hurt either.

That chicken sandwich looks great, but I would opt for no guacamole or avocado. Does the guacamole come on the side or actually on the sandwich? That looks like a chili pepper on the chicken, but I don't see the guacamole. The strawberries look great!

You have confirmed in your photo what I already suspected about the Mickey gingerbread cookie. In the other picture I saw of the 2008 cookie, I thought the cookie looked slightly shorter than it did last year, and a little pudgier. The cookies I saw last year in Marceline's were hard, not soft, and they were longer/taller gingerbread men and not as pudgy as this year's version seems to be. They are still adorable, and I will get a couple. I assume that even when they run out, the bakery is churning out fresh ones every day. Plus, there are SO many different places to find the cookies, what with all the bakeries and candy stores in DLR, etc.

But, you gave us a good tip - who in the world would think to look for cookies in the Penny Arcade? I know I wouldn't have. So now I know that if all the cookies seem to be gone from the usual places, I will poke my head in the Arcade!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter