DSC03902.jpg

DSC03903.jpg

DSC03904.jpg

DSC03905.jpg

DSC03906.jpg

DSC03951.jpg

mickey krispies we got on our first night
DSC03784.jpg

OOOOOhhhhh! Thank you, Pycees312, for posting those pictures! I will be back at the PPH in a few days (though not concierge), and I love seeing what they have up there! Those pastries and fruit look amazing and fresh!!!!

Oh, by the way, OT - Pycees, I watched your segment on the DVC Travel Channel show, finally! You guys are so cute together (you and your DH)! I assume those friends who were with you in the show were your actual friends and not just friends that the Travel Channel hooked you up with? I never know what goes on behind the scenes of these shows!!

OOOOOhhhhh! Thank you, Pycees312, for posting those pictures! I will be back at the PPH in a few days (though not concierge), and I love seeing what they have up there! Those pastries and fruit look amazing and fresh!!!!

Oh, by the way, OT - Pycees, I watched your segment on the DVC Travel Channel, finally! You guys are so cute together (you and your DH)! I assume those friends who were with you in the show were your actual friends and not just friends that the Travel Channel hooked you up with? I never know what goes on behind the scenes of these shows!!

lol Thanks! no they were actually friends one was a co worker patty (long hair) and her hubby and bernadette( short haircut) and Vernon are actually my cousins lol.it never crossed my mind that it could look that way and im sure most reality tv is staged. lol hilarious. BTW the fruit was great but since most of it is not in season they are not as sweet as they could be.

lol Thanks! no they were actually friends one was a co worker patty (long hair) and her hubby and bernadette( short haircut) and Vernon are actually my cousins lol.it never crossed my mind that it could look that way. lol hilarious. BTW the fruite was great but since most of it is not in season they are not as sweet as they could be.

DLR tends to have great fruit throughout the whole resort - in the restaurants, in the character buffets, in the little vendors' carts, everywhere - but I know what you mean. If something is not in season, it can taste a little flat. Like peaches, for example, should never be eaten when they are not in peak season. They taste like bland mush. But at their peak, they are juicy and delectable! Like a whole different fruit!

Yes, whenever I watch any of those Travel Channel shows about WDW or DLR where they show lots of families, I always wonder to myself, "Are they really a family, or are they a family created by the Travel Channel?":rotfl: I am a very suspicious TV viewer! And then when I hear what the various families say while on camera, like about the benefits of DVC, for example, I wonder, "Now are those their own words or did the Travel Channel write a script for them?" So, naturally, I was questioning in my mind if the ladies at the spa with you were really your friends or your Travel Channel friends!!! I am glad to know you actually know those people!!!:lmao:

Those mugs are super cute! I wonder how much that whole peppermint cake thing costs? I am guessing around $9. I wonder how far off I am. That probably won't stop me from getting one, though, now that I have seen how festive they are, with the mug and the chocolate tree on the top and the candy cane and the pepperminty whipped creamy goodness of it all. It probably tastes like a pepperminty, creamy, chocolatey little mug o' heaven!:thumbsup2

We had one yesterday. It cost $6.99 and the cup is the size of an espresso cup- not too big. It had a very good dark chocolate peppermint mousse in it with a small amount of cake on the bottom. It came with two sugar cookies.

Well we really enjoyed our trip and are so thankful we went before the skies opened up over southern CA! Yikes!

Anyway- We really enoyed the Monte Cristos at Cafe Orleans thanks to all who posted about them, but we were too stuffed for Mickey Beignets!!! I am so going back for those suckers next time. BTW- for anyone who doesn't know this they are not open for breakfats anymore! (open at 11:30am)

We loved the soup at Pacific Wharf and the Snowman and Candy Cane sourdough breads were really cute and would be a great gift to bring home to a bread lover.

The gingerbread men from Blue Ribbon Bakery were yummy, but frankly I think the ginger molasses cookies from Paradise Bakery are better, softer, and more moist.

The mickey head candy apple with the caramel coated in chocolate w/mini candy cane crust on the ears and bottom was delicious, but for $8 it had to be right? Oh and the ears are marshmallows.

Breakfast at Storytellers was worth the money! I haven't had super crispy thick bacon like that in years... it really took me back and reminded me of my dad. I think they threw it in the fryer!

However, dinner there was absolutely horrible! That pizza that they brought my kids was the most horrible pizza I've ever tasted... really bad! The buffet was just not up to par for the cost and when the chicken nuggets are the best they offer I think that is pretty sad. Even the deserts were just terrible. There was a mini pumpkin cheesecake that tasted old and was way too heavy and dry, an apple tart that was soggy, cold and tasteless, and a chocolate item that was just bitter and dull. Really disappointing meal!

We had breakfast at that little place right by Pirates, River Belle Terrace and it was very good. Anyway we split 2 of the "Steamboat" breakfast plates that came with 3 pancakes, eggs, and bacon or sausage and it was plenty for my husband and I and our 2 daughters (2 & 4).

Lunch at Brennan's Jazz Kitchen was nothing spectacular, but it smelled great! They brought my caesar salad and all the romaine was yellow! I sent it back and got the French Quarter salad which was edible. I guess dinner there would have been a better choice maybe? The lunch menu was nothing special and I used to visit the French Quarter annually for years as a child. Having eaten at Antoine's, Commander's Palace, Galatoires, etc... I know what was missing... flavor!

We did get some really tasty burgers at Taste Pilot's Grill in DCA! They didn't look great, but after dressing them at the self-serve condiment and fixins' station they were juicy and really yummy! The waffle fries were nice and crispy also.

The Grand Californian was so Christmasy! Really was a lovely place in the winter, although I can't imagine staying there any other time of year. We got great pictures by the tree in the lobby for our Christmas cards. The room was nice, beds were comfy, and the bathroom had ample space. The fridge worked which was more than I can say for a deluxe at WDW!

We really liked the DCA entrance and found it closer to go through there to get to DL, by avoiding all the people milling around aimlessly in DTD. It was so annoying to have to get around so many people just not knowing where they were going. It always amazes me all the people who don't "walk with direction" at Disney! What is that about?

I hope everyone that is heading out there soon has a splendid time and really enjoys all the Christmas decorations and the cold weather. I also hope it doesn't rain on you while you're there! I have tons of great pictures, but I don't think I can post them here. If anyone wants pics email me and I'll send them to you.

P.S. Sherry- I hope you have a great time!!! Oh and the gingerbread I bought were not the ones with chocolate mickey ears, but they were good. I saw the Mickey ones, but wasn't sure which ones to get??? The mickey ones were at the place on Main with all the penny machines next to the ice cream shop. I got my non-mickey cookies at Blue Ribbon and they had the snowmen shortbreads also, but I chickened out on those! All my efforts to be good and I still managed to gain 2 lbs! So unfair!

We had one yesterday. It cost $6.99 and the cup is the size of an espresso cup- not too big. It had a very good dark chocolate peppermint mousse in it with a small amount of cake on the bottom. It came with two sugar cookies.

Oh, great! Thank you so much for telling me the price and for giving me the description of what the peppermint cake is like! That is exactly what I was hoping for - I wanted to know exactly what was in it before I got it!:goodvibes

Well we really enjoyed our trip and are so thankful we went before the skies opened up over southern CA! Yikes!

Anyway- We really enoyed the Monte Cristos at Cafe Orleans thanks to all who posted about them, but we were too stuffed for Mickey Beignets!!! I am so going back for those suckers next time. BTW- for anyone who doesn't know this they are not open for breakfats anymore! (open at 11:30am)

We loved the soup at Pacific Wharf and the Snowman and Candy Cane sourdough breads were really cute and would be a great gift to bring home to a bread lover.

The gingerbread men from Blue Ribbon Bakery were yummy, but frankly I think the ginger molasses cookies from Paradise Bakery are better, softer, and more moist.

The mickey head candy apple with the caramel coated in chocolate w/mini candy cane crust on the ears and bottom was delicious, but for $8 it had to be right? Oh and the ears are marshmallows.

Breakfast at Storytellers was worth the money! I haven't had super crispy thick bacon like that in years... it really took me back and reminded me of my dad. I think they threw it in the fryer!

However, dinner there was absolutely horrible! That pizza that they brought my kids was the most horrible pizza I've ever tasted... really bad! The buffet was just not up to par for the cost and when the chicken nuggets are the best they offer I think that is pretty sad. Even the deserts were just terrible. There was a mini pumpkin cheesecake that tasted old and was way too heavy and dry, an apple tart that was soggy, cold and tasteless, and a chocolate item that was just bitter and dull. Really disappointing meal!

We had breakfast at that little place right by Pirates, River Belle Terrace and it was very good. Anyway we split 2 of the "Steamboat" breakfast plates that came with 3 pancakes, eggs, and bacon or sausage and it was plenty for my husband and I and our 2 daughters (2 & 4).

Lunch at Brennan's Jazz Kitchen was nothing spectacular, but it smelled great! They brought my caesar salad and all the romaine was yellow! I sent it back and got the French Quarter salad which was edible. I guess dinner there would have been a better choice maybe? The lunch menu was nothing special and I used to visit the French Quarter annually for years as a child. Having eaten at Antoine's, Commander's Palace, Galatoires, etc... I know what was missing... flavor!

We did get some really tasty burgers at Taste Pilot's Grill in DCA! They didn't look great, but after dressing them at the self-serve condiment and fixins' station they were juicy and really yummy! The waffle fries were nice and crispy also.

The Grand Californian was so Christmasy! Really was a lovely place in the winter, although I can't imagine staying there any other time of year. We got great pictures by the tree in the lobby for our Christmas cards. The room was nice, beds were comfy, and the bathroom had ample space. The fridge worked which was more than I can say for a deluxe at WDW!

We really liked the DCA entrance and found it closer to go through there to get to DL, by avoiding all the people milling around aimlessly in DTD. It was so annoying to have to get around so many people just not knowing where they were going. It always amazes me all the people who don't "walk with direction" at Disney! What is that about?

I hope everyone that is heading out there soon has a splendid time and really enjoys all the Christmas decorations and the cold weather. I also hope it doesn't rain on you while you're there! I have tons of great pictures, but I don't think I can post them here. If anyone wants pics email me and I'll send them to you.

P.S. Sherry- I hope you have a great time!!! Oh and the gingerbread I bought were not the ones with chocolate mickey ears, but they were good. I saw the Mickey ones, but wasn't sure which ones to get??? The mickey ones were at the place on Main with all the penny machines next to the ice cream shop. I got my non-mickey cookies at Blue Ribbon and they had the snowmen shortbreads also, but I chickened out on those! All my efforts to be good and I still managed to gain 2 lbs! So unfair!

Thanks, Lynda!:goodvibes I was wondering how your trip went - I thought of you yesterday! Yes, isn't the GCH a GREAT Christmasy hotel to stay in? I also can't picture staying there in summer, for example, but in winter, it's perfect, and the location is SO handy!

It's too bad you didn't order off the menu instead of the buffet for the Storytellers dinner. You may not have liked that either but we had good food there in October - a good burger, a good turkey sandwich and a good veggie burger. The buffet doesn't sound as great. Anyway, I hope you will do a Trip Report over in the TR section and post pictures!! It sounds like you had a good time!:goodvibes

I've been to DCA numerous times and have yet to eat here, normally ending up at Corndog Castle or the Boudin Bakery instead. But from what I've heard about Taste Pilot the way to go is not the burger but the ribs.

We had a really good chicken burger at Taste Pilots as well, never tried the ribs though. We had an amazing lunch at Storytellers... the rib appatizer was to die for!! they were Korean style....hubby had some kind of ravioli filled with what I can't remember.... but it was really good, and I had a pizza, from what I've seen in pictures the adult pizzas are a lot better looking than the kids pizzas :sad2: we were stuffed and had leftovers for after our afternoon siesta! lol... we had gone to the lounge at Steakhouse 55 and had a couple of drinks, then went back to our room and had a nap with the big glass doors wide open and the sun pouring in. It was awesome! woke up and had our leftovers for an appatizer before going to dinner.... sooooo decadent!! :thumbsup2

DSCI0067.jpg

Coffin dessert from French Market- I didn't try it, it was very cute though! Maybe I should have got this instead of the jambalaya- it was HORRIBLE :sad2:

DSCI0068.jpg

Yule Log dessert from Plaza Inn- this was SO good!

Stacerita! WOW That food from Ralph Brennans looked absolutely amazing (Roman Garlic Bread!!!! OME!)

Great conceirge photo's.. thanks!

Yummy peppermint cake and yule cake pics. Hopefully we'll be there next year for xmas and I'm going to have to try these!

DSCI0067.jpg

Coffin dessert from French Market- I didn't try it, it was very cute though! Maybe I should have got this instead of the jambalaya- it was HORRIBLE :sad2:

I LOVED the fact that they made jell-o for a dessert option & I got it during Halloweentime at Racho. I was so excited!!! The strawberry jell-o had strawberries in it & the orange jell-o had madarin oranges in it. The only disappointing thing about it was that it didn't have that much taste to it. Other than that, I thought it was super cute, loved the coffin, and the fruit that was inside of it. As long as it doesn't taste like something it shouldn't, I'm all for jell-o.
I especially miss eating jell-o @ Disney. They usually only served it @ Blue Bayou w/ the kids meal (do they even do that anymore?), and it was soooooo good. I really miss those days. :cloud9:

Maybe I should have got this instead of the jambalaya- it was HORRIBLE :sad2:

I totally agree... nastiest "Jambalaya" I've ever had! One of my favorites was the giant pieces of chocolate cake they used to have, wrapped like a present with Jack Skellingon on it... mmmmmmmm

DSCI0067.jpg

DSCI0068.jpg

Yule Log dessert from Plaza Inn- this was SO good!

Those coffins are cute, but what really made me excited were those cute little jack Skellington Cheesecakes! I totally missed those while I was there! OMgosh so cute!

I LOVED the fact that they made jell-o for a dessert option & I got it during Halloweentime at Racho. I was so excited!!! The strawberry jell-o had strawberries in it & the orange jell-o had madarin oranges in it. The only disappointing thing about it was that it didn't have that much taste to it. Other than that, I thought it was super cute, loved the coffin, and the fruit that was inside of it. As long as it doesn't taste like something it shouldn't, I'm all for jell-o.
I especially miss eating jell-o @ Disney. They usually only served it @ Blue Bayou w/ the kids meal (do they even do that anymore?), and it was soooooo good. I really miss those days. :cloud9:

Oh! I remember that from when I was a kid! Don't know if they still have it, though. Somewhere I still have one of the paper menus they had that could be made into a pirate hat pirate: :goodvibes

I totally agree... nastiest "Jambalaya" I've ever had! One of my favorites was the giant pieces of chocolate cake they used to have, wrapped like a present with Jack Skellingon on it... mmmmmmmm

YES, it was one of the worst meals I've ever eaten, and one of the only 2 BAD meals that I've had in the Park! Seriously, it tasted like canned pizza sauce with some sugar in it atop semicold Uncle Ben's Instant Rice :sick:

Do you have a pic of the cake? It sounds fabulous!

DSCI0039.jpg

Here is what they give you at Goofy's Kitchen if it's your birthday!

Goofy's Kitchen = best breakfast buffet, ever. :lovestruc

I agree 100% - we eat there every trip (just ate at Goofy's yesterday and chowed down on delicious food and mingled with lots of characters) and every time it leaves us more than satisfied! Rarely have we been disappointed at Goofy's in 16 years of eating there.

Also, I should mention that I noticed yesterday when we got to Goofy's in the morning that the price was actually LOWER than it was supposed to be at this time of year. Off peak breakfast prices (like in October) are usually about $32 per adult. Peak season breakfasts (like in December and in summer) are supposed to be about $37. Our bill yesterday - before my AP discount - was $32 (including gratuity and tax). So this means they did not raise the price from the off-peak season to the peak season like they usually do. I think that is smart on their part since Priority Seating bookings at character meals were down this holiday season to begin with. No sense in raising the prices during this bad economy!

P.S. I had some Disney food vouchers and those, combined with my AP discount, brought our total Goofy's breakfast price for TWO adults down to just under $30! So we each only paid $15 for our huge feast of a meal!!!! I love a bargain!!!:cool1: :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter