My Disney Experience app - My Party problem

Familyof14

DIS Veteran
I have searched for an answer to my question with no results. I am not sure if this is the best place to ask, but hoping someone can help me. Below are some screen shots.

When I look at the My Party section of the app, all of "My Party" shows up and is checked. We all have tickets, and we all have reservations for each park. However, right below the area that show "My Party" there is a section that says Not Eligible. This section shows 3 names of my party and the boxes are unchecked. For privacy reasons, and for the most part, I have cut out the names in my party. Can any explain?

Attachments

• Disney 1.jpg
    Disney 1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 24
  • Disney 2.jpg
    Disney 2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 24
If you go to your Friends and Family list, are there any accounts listed twice? I see that Mary is in both eligible and ineligible, which makes me think that maybe there are multiple profiles somehow and the tickets are associated with the one(s) listed as eligible.

Is it possible one or more of the people in your party have duplicated accounts? Like Mary was a managed profile but then created her own and the two weren't merged.

Also any non ticketed children (0, 1 or 2) will appear as not eligible, they can't get genie+ or ILLs because they don't have lightning lanes.

I do not see a "Friends and Family" list. 🤦‍♀️

Mary is my daughter and does have her own room at Coronado with her two children. The children are 6 and 9 years old. (They are the ones listed as Not Eligible.)

The 5th person is my husband. We are in another room at the resort.

Mary does have her own My Disney Experience app, but we have merged reservations (tickets and park passes.)

All five of us have paid for Genie+.

From the app:
Click the hamburger menu (3 lines bottom right)
Scan down and click My Profile (below the tiles)
At the top, click Family and Friends List

That's where you can look for doubles.

It definitely sounds to me like you have duplicate profiles for Mary and the two kids. The one that she manages and has room reservations on is probably the "good" one for making G+, park reservations, etc as I'm assuming the ticket media is linked there. The 3 on your account are duplicates that can be ignored or you can chat IT to remove.

I do not see a "Friends and Family" list. 🤦‍♀️

Mary is my daughter and does have her own room at Coronado with her two children. The children are 6 and 9 years old. (They are the ones listed as Not Eligible.)

The 5th person is my husband. We are in another room at the resort.

Mary does have her own My Disney Experience app, but we have merged reservations (tickets and park passes.)

All five of us have paid for Genie+.

It looks like there are two different versions of Mary and Marys kids. I'd have Mary assign avatars to her kids (I'm assuming she manages their profiles) and if you see the avatars you should be ok

Thank you for the detailed instructions. How in the world someone is suppose to manage that app is beyond me!!! I am pretty computer savvy, but doubt I would have ever found my own way. I'll be back to tell you what I have found.

OK, I have asked my daughter to assign avatars for the children.

What I see under We're Planning Together:

My name (Me)

Mary

Child #1- Plans managed by Mary - Also, there is a square crossword looking do-dad next to the name.

Child #2 - Plans managed by Mary - Also, there is a square crossword looking do-dad next to the name.

My husbands name - Plans managed by Mary - Also, there is a square crossword looking do-dad next to the name.
(I have no idea why his account is being managed by my daughter. She can manage him if she wants to! lol)

So if I click on the do-dad, I have the option to delete that person.

Further down the screen, I see My Other Family & Friends. The list includes Mary and her two children, only, with Invitation Pending next to the names and that little square do-dad. (I do remember sending an invitation a long time ago for her to accept, but never got a response. She finally responded when I asked her the other day when we were together.

So what now?

OK, I have asked my daughter to assign avatars for the children.

What I see under We're Planning Together:

My name (Me)

Mary

Child #1- Plans managed by Mary - Also, there is a square crossword looking do-dad next to the name.

Child #2 - Plans managed by Mary - Also, there is a square crossword looking do-dad next to the name.

My husbands name - Plans managed by Mary - Also, there is a square crossword looking do-dad next to the name.
(I have no idea why his account is being managed by my daughter. She can manage him if she wants to! lol)

So if I click on the do-dad, I have the option to delete that person.

Further down the screen, I see My Other Family & Friends. The list includes Mary and her two children, only, with Invitation Pending next to the names and that little square do-dad. (I do remember sending an invitation a long time ago for her to accept, but never got a response. She finally responded when I asked her the other day when we were together.

So what now?

See what happens when she assigns avatars, but I wonder if she has 2 separate accounts? Like you sent an invite to an old account she had and then she created a new one or something and connected with you via that account?

If she assigns avatars and you see those avatars, I don't think you have to worry.

It's probably that she did not see the request, but I will check. She stays so busy being a teacher (especial during the last two years with Covid) and raising two children, plus other obligations. She has not touched her app until I had her over the other day and asked her to log on. It is possible that she made a new account because she said she did not remember her log in information. She did use the app on last years trip.

If your daughter does have two accounts or there are duplicates in your account, the simplest thing will be to call the MDE tech folks at 407-939-4357 (after Ian has stopped causing problems). They are marvelous to work with and will straighten everything out.

We are suppose to be flying down to WDW on Monday. I doubt I could get through to anyone in the next day or so. Trying to get the app set up before that so that i can do some trial runs on Genie+. My daughter says that she has tried to log into the app, but it will not let her. She gave me her info, and I also had trouble. Waiting on her to put the kids to bed so we can knock this out. 👩

We are suppose to be flying down to WDW on Monday. I doubt I could get through to anyone in the next day or so. Trying to get the app set up before that so that i can do some trial runs on Genie+. My daughter says that she has tried to log into the app, but it will not let her. She gave me her info, and I also had trouble. Waiting on her to put the kids to bed so we can knock this out. 👩
Well, if you can’t straighten things out yourselves, I think the MDE tech CMs work on the weekends. Good luck!

UPDATE: My daughter got through. Yay! She gave the kids and my husband avatars. (DH is going to be so thrilled because she gave him the little man from UP!!! 😂)

Left in the Not Eligible category are just the kids names. My daughters name is off of that list.

Under Family & Friends, the 5 of us are listed with avatars under the We're Planning Together category. The children and my husband still have the gray scanning square (I figured out what that do-dad is) showing next to their names. My daughter and I - the ones with the app access - do not have one.

Under the My Other Family & Friends category, the children's names are still listed with the gray scanning square next to their names, but no avatars. I did notice that in the We're Planning Together category that it says Plans Managed by Mary. And under the My Other Family & Friends category it says Plans Managed by Me.

So should I delete the two children's names under the My Other Family & Friends category? I don't care who is managing everybody. However, I am the one with the cell phone that will make the ride reservations. Whew...I have confused myself!

UPDATE: My daughter got through. Yay! She gave the kids and my husband avatars. (DH is going to be so thrilled because she gave him the little man from UP!!! 😂)

Left in the Not Eligible category are just the kids names. My daughters name is off of that list.

Under Family & Friends, the 5 of us are listed with avatars under the We're Planning Together category. The children and my husband still have the gray scanning square (I figured out what that do-dad is) showing next to their names. My daughter and I - the ones with the app access - do not have one.

Under the My Other Family & Friends category, the children's names are still listed with the gray scanning square next to their names, but no avatars. I did notice that in the We're Planning Together category that it says Plans Managed by Mary. And under the My Other Family & Friends category it says Plans Managed by Me.

So should I delete the two children's names under the My Other Family & Friends category? I don't care who is managing everybody. However, I am the one with the cell phone that will make the ride reservations. Whew...I have confused myself!
If park tickets and park reservations and resort reservations are all attached to the ones with avatars, then you and your daughter should be able to make Genie+LL and VQ etc. for everyone, so it sounds like you’re good. If you can delete the extra ones without avatars and nothing gets messed up, you’ll be okay.

Thank you!. I just finished going through our trip and fixing up My Day. Everything appears to be in order. I think I'll just leave those duplicates.

So should I delete the two children's names under the My Other Family & Friends category?
Just a comment... the only concern I would have with deleting those profiles them instead of trying to connect them to their mother's account is if the kids had MagicBands on a prior trip and would want to use those bands again. The older MBs are likely linked to their profiles on your account and will not work if the tickets are on the profiles in their mother's account. A minor issue and may not matter if they have new MBs or don't plan to use them.

We are all using the same Magic Bands that we had last year. My DH has a new band because he did not travel with us last year. I believe that the children are also on her account. I'm just leaving the app as it is. Should we have any trouble, I will get help onsite.

Still unsure of if we will be able to go on Monday. Reports of damage around Disney are not too bad, but the surrounding areas, getting CM's in to work, etc. are not sounding great. Disney has already announced that they will be closed tomorrow. I will rest easier when they announce they will open back up. Still, I am worried about having a less than stellar time if Disney is short on staffed.

Thank you for the detailed instructions. How in the world someone is suppose to manage that app is beyond me!!! I am pretty computer savvy, but doubt I would have ever found my own way. I'll be back to tell you what I have found.

I like the Disneyland app much better. Simpler to link friends & family. Easier to navigate. More intuitive, imo.

One other note.... Since the kids are under 18, their plans can only be managed by the adult who created their account. That will be the only person who can make reservations for them.

If that was your daughter, you will not be able to make reservations for them and will need to let your daughter do it. Or, have your daughter change the ages of the kids to 18+.

If you created the children's profiles, then only you can make the reservations.

*Edited for spelling

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter