My daughter’s new ride

SueM in MN

combining the teacups with a roller coaster
My daughter has a power wheelchair that we don’t take to WDW.
It‘s very nice and has a lot of features really great features - tilt, recline, raise the seat level, stand. All of those features make it very expensive and we are also worried it would be too easy to get damaged if we travel by air.
(Permobil 5f VS)

Because she can’t sit or move herself around unless she’s sitting in a wheelchair, she needs a manual chair for when she can’t use the power chair.
This is the new chair she got in September. It’s SO much nicer than her old chair. It’s a lot lighter weight and she sits up straighter with her legs tucked in tighter to the chair. This made the chair shorter and it turns tighter.
We also spent a bit more to get nicer back tires, which are lighter and easier to propel. She doesn’t have the stamina to propel her chair long distances herself, but watching her at home, we are pretty sure she will be able to handle many of the WDW queues herself!image.jpg3068318C-35DB-4C7B-80B7-959D5A03E7CE.jpeg4388B830-BF23-401B-962D-66A708929810.jpeg

Some glow in the dark and some are reflective.

But are they *sparkly*? Because I would have to add some sparkle to those stars if it were me! LOL

Seriously, that is a really nice chair - and your daughter is so pretty! I love her hair (and am a wee bit jealous of that gorgeous blonde color!)

My daughter has a power wheelchair that we don’t take to WDW.
It‘s very nice and has a lot of features really great features - tilt, recline, raise the seat level, stand. All of those features make it very expensive and we are also worried it would be too easy to get damaged if we travel by air.
(Permobil 5f VS)

Because she can’t sit or move herself around unless she’s sitting in a wheelchair, she needs a manual chair for when she can’t use the power chair.
This is the new chair she got in September. It’s SO much nicer than her old chair. It’s a lot lighter weight and she sits up straighter with her legs tucked in tighter to the chair. This made the chair shorter and it turns tighter.
We also spent a bit more to get nicer back tires, which are lighter and easier to propel. She doesn’t have the stamina to propel her chair long distances herself, but watching her at home, we are pretty sure she will be able to handle many of the WDW queues herself!View attachment 559393View attachment 559394View attachment 559395
other hers is red looks like one of the girls I work with chair down to the stars

But are they *sparkly*? Because I would have to add some sparkle to those stars if it were me! LOL

Seriously, that is a really nice chair - and your daughter is so pretty! I love her hair (and am a wee bit jealous of that gorgeous blonde color!)
I already had the glow in the dark stars and I had some 3M reflective vinyl that I cut into stars with my Cricut machine.
Don’t worry! I do have plans for sparkles. Her old chair had these wings on the back.
I took them off to use for size and I’m designing new sparkly wings many more finer lines and less of the solid matte silver for the new chair.
BE59B0EF-D5E4-46DC-9C5E-0FE640C5452F.jpeg

I already had the glow in the dark stars and I had some 3M reflective vinyl that I cut into stars with my Cricut machine.
Don’t worry! I do have plans for sparkles. Her old chair had these wings on the back.
I took them off to use for size and I’m designing new sparkly wings many more finer lines and less of the solid matte silver for the new chair.

I first saw your daughter's pics in the thread that was answered and closed (showing her laughing) - and wanted to say she is beautiful! She should modeling on Disney marketing brochures. She looks so full of joy. I need to look at the Community Board more - I just tend not to wander over here lol! When you make the new wings you'll have to post some pictures!

Haven’t had a chance to put wings on yet, but I did make a new bag for under the new chair. The old bag I had made for her old wheelchair just could not be adapted to fit under this one. The new wheelchair has a lot less places to attach things.
This bag was made from an IKEA small foldable nylon or polyester shopping bag made of the same material as IKEA ponchos. A piece of black knit fabric, quite a bit of Velcro and a lot of figuring out later, we have a very useful little underseat bag.
One whole side of the top closes with Velcro, so if I have to take things out for security, I can easily take them out and show the bag (still attached to wheelchair) is totally empty.

9BAC64B6-A96B-4219-855A-98A4E10E98EB.jpegAA3D409A-A782-45CD-BA77-876F81CAF7F8.jpeg97086B53-8029-4281-8467-C3ED600FEC98.jpeg

This is the most important item I needed the bag for - her bag of urinary catheter supplies. It needs to be easily accessible from the front of the wheelchair.
82CAEA04-7D57-46E9-BAEB-6991945CDC81.jpeg

Last edited:
I am glad you are updating your thread. I wish you would post the photo that shows the manufacturers in case somebody else is interested.
When Will you plan another visit?
I hope I recognize your family at the Magic Kingdom. I remembered seeing another lady that always decorated her “ wheels” to match the holidays. Thanks for sharing.

That is a sweet new ride! It’s AMAZING how much the “wheelchairs” have changed over the years! My guys just have the “stroller” trip ones right now ( not self propelled) will need to get new ones as time goes by. I love these smaller “speedy” looking ones! The big ones can be SO difficult to get in/out of the car and see heavy! So happy she has an awesome new ride to show off!❤️

I am glad you are updating your thread. I wish you would post the photo that shows the manufacturers in case somebody else is interested.
When Will you plan another visit?
I hope I recognize your family at the Magic Kingdom. I remembered seeing another lady that always decorated her “ wheels” to match the holidays. Thanks for sharing.
Tilite Aero Z. ( you can see it near the wheels in the first few pictures)

As Randy mentioned, her wheelchair is a TiLite Aero Z wheelchair

Options her wheelchair has:
- flip back footplate, flips up behind her feet and out of the way for transfers.
- SPINERGY Spox wheels - additional cost upgrade, but are lighter and better ride (and look cool!)
- Natural Fit LT handrims. Keeps hands off tires, keeps hands from getting caught between rim &tires and helps prevent hand cramping
- aluminum side guards; keeps clothes from contact with tires
- swing away tubular armrests
- fold down push handles. Can be folded down to get a few inches more space (to get in car trunk) or up so we can push

It also has the transportation option with tiedown loops for tying down on buses or accessible vans.

It is a lighter chair and she’s in a better position for propelling it herself than her old chair. She doesn’t have stamina for propelling it herself all day, but we are anticipating she might be able to do a lot of her own pushing in queues at WDW when we go next.

As Randy mentioned, her wheelchair is a TiLite Aero Z wheelchair

Options her wheelchair has:
- flip back footplate, flips up behind her feet and out of the way for transfers.
- SPINERGY Spox wheels - additional cost upgrade, but are lighter and better ride (and look cool!)
- Natural Fit LT handrims. Keeps hands off tires, keeps hands from getting caught between rim &tires and helps prevent hand cramping
- aluminum side guards; keeps clothes from contact with tires
- swing away tubular armrests
- fold down push handles. Can be folded down to get a few inches more space (to get in car trunk) or up so we can push

It also has the transportation option with tiedown loops for tying down on buses or accessible vans.

It is a lighter chair and she’s in a better position for propelling it herself than her old chair. She doesn’t have stamina for propelling it herself all day, but we are anticipating she might be able to do a lot of her own pushing in queues at WDW when we go next.

It really is fantastic - I love all the customization - and especially your idea for the underseat bag! I feel like you could have a whole 'nother career just designing and sewing custom bags for people! (because you don't have enough to do as it is... :::ducking and running::: LOL)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!