MVMCP Solo??

IrishPixies

Earning My Ears
I'm considering going to the MVMCP on 12/11 but I'm not sure it would be worth the extra cost going solo. I have never been a character meet person so that isn't a bonus and while I like parades and fireworks, they aren't a MUST see for me. The main reason I would go would be to see the park all lit up at night and to take advantage of some lower crowd levels.

Has anyone gone to the Party solo and, if so, did you find it to be worth the extra cost?

I did it solo (years ago, I think it was 2006) and had a great time. I think it depends 100% on whether or not you're comfortable enjoying Disney by yourself in general. I was a Florida resident at the time and so I went solo to the parks a lot.

If you want to see the sights, don't be afraid of going solo! There is a lot of fun to be had, and being able to see and do exactly what you want, at your own speed, can be a refreshing change! That being said, I think the parade and fireworks (and snow on main street) are the main draw. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I did it solo (years ago, I think it was 2006) and had a great time. I think it depends 100% on whether or not you're comfortable enjoying Disney by yourself in general. I was a Florida resident at the time and so I went solo to the parks a lot.

If you want to see the sights, don't be afraid of going solo! There is a lot of fun to be had, and being able to see and do exactly what you want, at your own speed, can be a refreshing change! That being said, I think the parade and fireworks (and snow on main street) are the main draw. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I completely agree! I have done MNSSHP solo and loved it!!!! Really its about the magic you feel when you go.

Can't comment on going solo, but just based on what you said you'd be going for, I'm not sure the extra cost would be worth it. Probably the main difference between the party night and any other night was the parade, fireworks, and character interaction. You'll still be able to see most of the lights and decorations on non-MVMCP nights. It might be a little less crowded as far as the rides go, but honestly this time of year the parks aren't that crowded anyway.

As another poster said, I have no doubt you'll have fun if you're comfortable with going solo to the parks in general. I'm just not sure I could justify the extra cost based on your reasons for going.

I did the party solo in 2005 and it was just OK for me. The fireworks were pretty great but the parade didn't thrill me (I feel so-so about parades in general). And since the week after Thanksgiving is relatively slow anyway, the lines were not a problem during the day. So for me it was not worth the extra cost and I would not do it again as a solo.

I've done it solo twice. The most recent being the sold out night on Nov. 9, 2012.

I love it. But I love the parade and the fireworks and the characters so I always feel like I get my monies worth.

But if all you care about is seeing the lights and low crowds I don't know that it's worth the cost.
When I went there sure weren't low crowds and you can see the Castle Lighting and all lit up on a normal night.

Hello IrishPixes, saw your post on the solo thread too, I have done several of the Halloween and Christmas parties solo and will be doing the Thursday one of that week. I tend to like watch the fireworks and the parade, love the atmosphere as they have free hot chocolate and cookies. Seeing it snow on Main Street even helps to set the Christmas mood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter