Must do off property restaurants?

We always eat at Cafe Tu Tu Tango it's a cool little tapas resturant with great food, intresting art, and in house entertainment. Depending on when you go they have artists working in the resturant painting, scupting, bellydancers, etc. It's a fun place we always take people there. The food is amazing with everything from exotic to less adventurous. We order several tapas and share. :love:

:thumbsup2

Love Cafe Tu Tu Tango! http://www.cafetututango.com/ It's a little hard to go to now that I have babies though :( Too much stuff for them to touch.

Hamburger Mary's is actually a chain. There's one in downtown Cincinnati, as well as other major cities.

I really like Mimi's Cafe. I don't know about the Orlando location, but in other cities if they find out it's your first visit they'll give you a free half dozen muffins! They're yummy.

Our whole family loves Sweet Tomatoes. We eat there once or twice per trip. Looks like we'll have to try Margaritaville when we are at Universal in Nov.

Our must-haves off property are:

Flippers Pizza (there are several close to WDW)

Bahama Breeze

Fish Bones on Sandlake Blvd (not to be confused with Bonefish)

Miller's Ale House

In fact, we are getting Free Dining for the first time next month, so all our meals will be at Disney---we will be missing our cheaper, off property restaurants this trip!

Does Giordonio have an actual place to sit and eat? I have heard good things on here about them, but it was always for take out.

Yes, you may sit and eat. Here are the locations near WDW:

Lake Buena Vista
12151 S. Apopka Vineland Rd.
(407)239-8900

Kissimmee
7866 W. Irlo Bronson Hwy.
(407)397-0044

Tchoup Chop at the Royal Pacific is great, as is the B-Line Diner at the Peabody.

There are a few local Orlando joints that are good and have their charms but, by and large, you'll find most of the restaurants off property and in the tourist zone are lackluster chain restaurant slop you can get anywhere. Nothing worth driving to find IMO.

The Columbia, Gourmeto's Pizza, Logan's Roadhouse (a MUST), Golden Corral and we love our trips to Waffle House! lol :thumbsup2

We love Logans roadhouse and it is also near a Publix, so convenient to eat and stop in for snacks and groceries.

Margaritaville in City Walk is the best!! My girls have such a great time there and the food isn't bad either. Can't wait to go back!!

Moving your post to our Dining Board where it's a better fit.:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Actually it's not a fit on the Dining board, as pretty much nothing outside WDW ever gets discussed there, so moving AGAIN to Orlando Hotels and Attractions.

Oh wow. I ate at the one on St. Armand's Circle several years ago...so delicious. One of the few meals that I think of fondly many years after the experience. I had no idea that they had one in Celebration! Trying to figure out how to make it there next weekend....

I hope you can fit it in & it's as good as ours. The one here is the oldest restaurant in Florida. You know it has to be good to have lasted that long.

Our whole family loves Sweet Tomatoes. We eat there once or twice per trip. Looks like we'll have to try Margaritaville when we are at Universal in Nov.

It depends on what you're looking for. Margaritaville has pretty good food with a fun atmosphere. If a fun atmosphere is more important than food quality, you can't beat Margaritaville. The food is on par with RFC. There is certainly better food at Universal, if food quality is most important. Each person has their own idea of what they want in a restaurant. As with anywhere, you need to know what's important to you, before choosing a place to eat.

We enjoy Sweet Tomatoes and Chevy's. For dessert, the Dippin Dots store on 192 is fun. I hear a lot of good things about Flippers Pizzeria too.

Sounds like Cajun Kelly's to me??? Is that right?

Not sure. i think it is an asian place but not sure what kind. I so wish we had that dish over here. Either that or I would love a recipe for it to make it ourselves. Not exactly sophisticated but so tasty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter