MSEP - Back for a Short Time this Summer!

OHHHHH EMMMMM GEEEEEEE!!!!!

I know PTN is a “better” parade but MSEP is the parade of my childhood. Cue the nostalgia!!!!!

Hmmmmmm the last “never again” MSEP return was wildly popular. Could this be yet another desperate move to get people back into DL???
Pretty sure this was already planned as the floats were seen being shipped earlier in the week. Also it takes time to train and prepare for the parade. We are No longer going in August, but I think the low crowds we had Wednesday were a good trade off.

Okay, so we went to Disney World. I hadn't seen MSEP in years and years and it was definitely on my list. We had met up with a friend that was local to Orlando, and he came with us for the first couple of days of our trip. We are the "Stop and enjoy the atmosphere" type people. He was of the run to the next big thrill group. Totally not a match.

We were running from place to place, but he wanted to hit as many rides as possible while people were "wasting" their time with the parades.

It had to have been one of the first days they were running MSEP twice a night.

We got off splash and we were running to the next ride, but they had roped off Fronteirland for the parade. We fought, and we stopped to catch the parade. There was nobody in Frontierland. Nobody.

We got to see it all to our selves. We had nobody in the imediate area, so all the performers focused on us and I think it was one of the most magical moments of any of our Disney trips. Our own personal showing of the Main Street Electrical Parade.

I have the music on my phone and play it often.

Ladies and Gentleman
Boys and Girls
Disneyland proudly presents
Our spectacular festival
Of Lights.........

The last time I saw MSEP, Fantasmic wasn't running. I don't think I've ever seen the parade while Fantasmic is on the schedule. How does it work when they are both running in the park? Do you watch Fantasmic, watch the Fireworks, then the parade? I just can't figure out the logistics of planning to see all three. Is that even possible?

The last time I saw MSEP, Fantasmic wasn't running. I don't think I've ever seen the parade while Fantasmic is on the schedule. How does it work when they are both running in the park? Do you watch Fantasmic, watch the Fireworks, then the parade? I just can't figure out the logistics of planning to see all three. Is that even possible?
It's possible. Based on schedules in the past, you could do:

1. Fantasmic @ 9:00, fireworks @ 9:30, and parade at 10:45, OR
2. Parade @ 8:45, fireworks @ 9:30, and Fantasmic @ 10:30

You can do it as long as you're not determined to see each show from a particular location.

You can do it as long as you're not determined to see each show from a particular location.

Awesome! Thank you for helping me figure this out!

For late September, will the parks be open that late? Would they be only having nighttime entertainment on weekends? I'm going from 9/25-29. Would be SO nice if I could catch all 3!

For late September, will the parks be open that late? Would they be only having nighttime entertainment on weekends? I'm going from 9/25-29. Would be SO nice if I could catch all 3!
If all 3 are scheduled, it will likely be on Fri, Sat, Sun, when the parks typically stay open later. However, Disney has said MSEP will have nightly performances through Sept 30th, so you can at least expect that.

I really hope they introduce a dining package for MSEP. Sept. 30 is the first day of a kids-free trip: just hubby and me for his birthday, mostly to see SWGE.

I know it's expensive to run parades but...isn't that why we pay $180/day for parkhoppers? It's a bummer to not have a day and a night parade (even if they were split up between parks.) Soundsational at DL and PTN at DCA was perfect. Maybe we've just been spectacularly lucky the times we've come, but other than our last visit in November we've always been able to see a day and night parade...sounds like this isn't normal practice.

I think it was common practice before to run a daytime parade and a nighttime parade...at least that's what I thought when I was going to DL as a kid in the 90's. I think it all changed when they added the lighting towers for "Light Tragic". With the new lighting infrastructure, they realized they could run a day parade at night or early evening.

I know it's expensive to run parades but...isn't that why we pay $180/day for parkhoppers? It's a bummer to not have a day and a night parade (even if they were split up between parks.) Soundsational at DL and PTN at DCA was perfect. Maybe we've just been spectacularly lucky the times we've come, but other than our last visit in November we've always been able to see a day and night parade...sounds like this isn't normal practice.
Actually you pay $200/day for park hoppers. $215 if you get MaxPass. :oops:

I really hope they introduce a dining package for MSEP. Sept. 30 is the first day of a kids-free trip: just hubby and me for his birthday, mostly to see SWGE.
I keep looking for this as well. It is just my daughter and I going and it would be nice to do a special package for it. She doesn't really remember this parade from the first time we went when she was little.

I wonder why the parade times haven't been posted yet. Soundsational was removed from the schedule the day it was announced it was leaving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter