Ms Sundee

bigdisneydaddy

Fan of all things Fort wilderness
Back when the earth was still round there was a lady named Ms Sundee who along with Ms Julie lead the campfire sing alongs at the "Theater under the stars" as well as keeping Chip and Dale from mischief. If you ever met her you remember her, her energy and her love for all things Disney were obvious. After Disney changed the format at the campfire movie Ms Sundee eventually landed at Epcot as a greeter.
Unfortunately Ms Sundee has had some health challenges this summer and is in need of some Fort Love.
Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, pixie dust requests, good vibes, a loud HOWDY or whatever your flavor of positive change may be.

I am a big Ms. Sundee fan! :cool1:

She was not afraid to ask for our best (our singing, our applause for C&D) and if it didn't measure up, she would tell us that we could do better so let's try that again.

As far as I'm aware of, also, she suggested the only C&D Conga Line at the sing-along down in front (there were only a few of us that night) while she played the guitar.

I've got a big bucket of love for her. She made wonderful memories for our family. I hope the gets through her current challenges. And, of course, she'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Bama Ed

PS - @bigdisneydaddy, any idea what year she started doing the sing-along? Or first did it?

I am sure she told me at some point Ed but as you know she covers a lot of ground in a conversation and I just cant recall :D
I can say with absolute certainty that she like her bacon super crispy (as crispy as bacon can be)
When she was doing the sing along she also worked in the bike barn and did some chipmunk wrangling. Ms Julie did 2 days a week and dished up snacks in the now absent chuckwagon.

I saw a video from her a few days ago and she was still in the hospital. She was in good spirits and shared a song. She is still facing some serious health challenges but she is a fighter.
I dont think the woman has an ounce of quit in her.

It is with profound sadness that I pass along the news of Ms Sundee's passing today.
She was a good friend and I am a better person for having known her. Her enthusiasm was infectious and her singalongs at the campfire were always a good time. I am sure that Chip and Dale are crushed.
I had hoped to share a good bologna sandwich with her in Feb while we were in FL. Unfortunately she was back in the hospital during our time in FL.
I dont have any other details
My guess is that she has already looked up the boss and they are enjoying a good laugh.

It is with profound sadness that I pass along the news of Ms Sundee's passing today.
She was a good friend and I am a better person for having known her. Her enthusiasm was infectious and her singalongs at the campfire were always a good time. I am sure that Chip and Dale are crushed.
I had hoped to share a good bologna sandwich with her in Feb while we were in FL. Unfortunately she was back in the hospital during our time in FL.
I dont have any other details
My guess is that she has already looked up the boss and they are enjoying a good laugh.

The good Lord broke the mold after he made Miss Sundee.

She did the Chip and Dale Singalong from maybe the mid-1990s into the mid-2000s several nights a week. With short gray hair, she was not very tall and a heavy set lady but she had a gravelly voice and a spirit that would not settle for our second-best effort. She also worked the Bike Barn and led some kid/craft activities there at times.

My favorite memory was when there were not many people at the campfire singalong so she got all of us in a conga line (Chip & Dale too) and we cha-cha'd around the gravel while Sundee played the guitar on stage. She and Miss Julie would alternate the Singalong nights (although I recall Sundee was more often the one we saw).

I started bringing my family to the Fort in 2001 and we always enjoyed Miss Sundee. She left working at the Fort for a while then came back for a while as I recall. It was a couple years later that she left the Fort for good.

@bigdisneydaddy, IIRC you had a pic of Sundee and your family together-it used to be your avatar. It's earlier up in the thread. Can you edit/click it as full size so folks can see her better?

God bless her. And thank you Lord for Cast Members like her. :littleangel:

Bama Ed

PS - and thank you @bigdisneydaddy for keeping us informed of her whereabouts over the years.

Last edited:
Sorry Ed. I am in rural AL with a sketchy connection and working with just my phone. My resources match my limited digital skills

Although unofficial, we have heard that there wont be a funeral right now. A memorial event is being planned to take place in a month or so. If I hear anything else I will pass it on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter