Moving from one BWV room to another: How does it work?

JulieWent

DIS Veteran
I have a complicated question. We have reserved 2 - 2BR's for five nights for May of 2002. (We're hosting a reunion with a group of friends.) Our ressies begin on Sunday night to take advantage of lower point values, of course. However, we're planning on going down one day earlier, Saturday, just to get there and get ready. DH, DS, and I were thinking of staying in a studio for that one night, but I'm not quite sure how that will work. If we check in on Saturday afternoon (into our studio), will bell services come get our luggage, move it to their holding area, and then take it to our 2 BR's when they become available on Sunday (because check-out time is 11:00 and we probably won't be able to check into our 2 - 2BR's until after 4:00 )? If I went ahead and went grocery shopping Saturday night, do you think bell services would hold my groceries in their refrigerator over night for me? (I could probably go shopping Sunday a.m. instead, so that's not a big issue, I guess.) Any guesses on the possibility of getting a studio attached to one of the 2BR's we'll be in once we check in on Sunday?
This is a weird hodge-podge of questions, but I'm most interested in how bell services handles the check-out / check-back-in again thing. Thanks for your patience with my array of strange questions through the years.
Julie

It may work out that your studio will be part of the two-bedroom. If it doesn't, you've got a few options. First, I would find out if by any chance the room were ready. If it's not, you can either call for bell services to come to your room and get the luggage or you can take it down to the bell stand yourself and ask them to store it for you. Let them know you will be checking in again, not leaving the resort. I believe they will store food as well but it might be safer to hold off the big shopping until Sunday. If the room isn't ready when you come from the store, they can hold it for you then. (You won't have a very large refrigerator in the studio anyway.)

If you have a car, you might consider just bringing in an overnight bag for Saturday night and then unloading the rest of your luggage on Sunday. Make sure that everything is in the trunk and not out in the open if you do this.

Last summer we checked in for four nights at BW in a one bedroom. Then we were scheduled to move to a two bedroom for the next four nights. I assumed we would be moving but the studio next to us was a just opened up on the morning we would have moved. I was very pleasantly surprised by this. With any luck, you will find this to be the case.

Last year at BWV I had 5 nights in a studio, then had a ressie for another 4 nights in a two bedroom. They made me check out at the regular time, and store my luggage till 4 p.m. Imagine my surprise when we checked into the same group of rooms! they would have saved themselves some cleaning time if they could have guaranteed me the one bedroom unit next door to my studio.

We have moved from OKW to BDVs with food that required refrigeration. Both bell staffs were great, the guy at OKW gave us a ride from our room to the Hospitality House and made the move painless. Call the desk in advance. We left OKW at noon, via bus, stopped at Downtown for lunch and showed up at BDV at 1:30 to find that our room had been ready for about an hour. You should have no troule changing rooms, the bell staff will take care of everything.

I would call BWV in adavnce and ask them if they could put you in a studio for one night that will be attached to one of the 2 bedrooms that you have rented for the rest of your trip. This will eliminate the need to move at all, other than taking your luggage from the studio and putting it into the master bedroom of the unit(since I assume you'd want the master with the tub and all!;) )This would mean you could also go shopping the next day and be able to put the food right into the fridge of your new room once it was ready.

If this is not an option, then bell services moves your luggage for you...it is very easy, no hassle at all. I'm not sure about the BW storing food in a fridge overnight for you...try calling the hotel directly and asking.

I would give you just one caution about food...don't overbuy. We always do that when we go, and end up leaving food or trying to find someone just checking in who might want our remaining unopened soda,water,chips etc. We have tried to learn to get some breakfast foods and snacks only.

When you call to reserve your studio, tell MS that you already have the 2BR booked and ask that this new reservation be LINKED to your existing one, telling them that you don't want to move, if possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter