Move-In Day: Parents or not?

When I went, I had already met my roommates over facebook. My parents drove down with me, but they stayed with my aunt away from me because I wanted to stay at the Pop! with a few of my roommates. The 6 of us hung out and were the first ones in line at check-in. After getting our housing IDs and getting all of our information on traditions and casting times and housing meetings...We almost immediately had to catch a bus to casting, but not before we went to check out the apartment. Once we got back, I called my parents and they brought my stuff and helped me unload everything. My parents helped me set up a shelving unit that they had for me and I unpacked (some of) my stuff-I wasn't fully unpacked until a few weeks later. I was glad they were there just because they had the van with all of my stuff in it and had they not been I wouldn't have been able to bring as much-which may not have been a bad thing. But if I had brought myself, I wouldn't have really needed them, but I didn't mind them being there.

I remember after dumping my stuff waiting in lines and then going to classes. Maybe classes were the second day. I don't think many parents were there becuase we were all from out of town. It is a super busy day. If you don't really have the $$ to go, visit about mid semester. Your son/daughter will really appreciate the visit, that's when I started getting homesick. The first few days are super busy and will fly by. And the classes are fun. :-) It's a lot of commotion the first couple of days but sooo worth it. It's a blast!

I drove down with my Dad, so he was there to help me move in.
However, the morning of check-in itself he didn't come with me. He instead played golf at the Magnolia, haha. and then when he was done, I was done at casting and had free time to get all moved in, settled, and do some shopping that I needed to. But it was nice to have someone else there to help carry things, and rearrange the furniture to the way we wanted, etc, etc.
I was the only one in my apartment though who had a parent with them, as everyone else flew down solo. So he basically helped everyone!

Just updating what I found to be true on my check in yesterday...

My mom ended up not coming with me (she stayed at the resort) and I was glad she didn't come. I only saw about 5 parents at the parent tent area thing. And, I felt more free to talk with my roommates. I was done with check in at Vista by 9:15. I took the bus at ten to Casting and was done by noon. Most people had to go to a Housing meeting at 3, but they still would have had about 2 hours to see their parents before the housing meeting if they wanted and get unpacked. I didn't have to go to a housing meeting at all yesterday because due to my class schedule, I went to a makeup one today. So, yesterday was my free day with my mom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter