• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Motorola unlock code

firsttimer2007

DIS Veteran
I just got a used motorola phone and was wondering if anyone had the unlock code. It is an AT&T phone and I have AT&T service but when I put my sim card in it says I need the code.

Thanks for the help.

Not sure, getting ready to call them. I just hate sitting on hold for the hour or so, to get them to help you.

I've unlocked several Motorola phones through T-Mobile. The code is unique to your phone. The usual process is to put in a request and then your provider will request the code through Motorola. It can take about 2 weeks. As far as I know, it's much more difficult to get unlock codes through other providers.

Some Nokia phones can be unlocked easier.

EDIT: Is it possibly asking for your SIM unlock code? If so, that is probably a 4-digit code and should be in your documentation. Often they are 0000 or 1234 (if they haven't been changed by the owner). You do not want to enter a wrong code repeatedly in some phones.

I've unlocked several Motorola phones through T-Mobile. The code is unique to your phone. The usual process is to put in a request and then your provider will request the code through Motorola. It can take about 2 weeks. As far as I know, it's much more difficult to get unlock codes through other providers.

Some Nokia phones can be unlocked easier.

EDIT: Is it possibly asking for your SIM unlock code? If so, that is probably a 4-digit code and should be in your documentation. Often they are 0000 or 1234 (if they haven't been changed by the owner). You do not want to enter a wrong code repeatedly in some phones.

Just talked to AT&T and that is about what they said. They said they would email it to me in 7-10 days.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter