Most popular races?

And if they wanted to tie those together they could tie WDW weekend with DL weekend and Wine and Dine with Avengers. The second one would likely be harder to tie together.
I feel like it's easier to pair the other way. W&D and DL for "W&D around Disney C2C Medal" and WDW and Avengers for "Beloved Characters to New Acquisitions C2C Medal". Otherwise I get the "Disney C2C" medal and the "Superheroes make me drink C2C medal".

I just ran the Mickey's Holiday 5k and Wine & dine half at AK all in the dark so I don't think running in the dark insurance has anything to do with it. AK has like hardly any light in their Kali queue at night too just as a regular guest, so that would be the same problem. There's probably other reasons why they don't do them as those 2 were pretty dark with not a lot of light and they were morning races.
I have no proof that's the reason, I was just throwing it out there. My thoughts were that Everest was slightly more dangerous because it had obstacles on top of that, though I would hope they'd be well lit, plus the scavenger hunt thing after the race had people running from clue to clue instead of along a single route which I could see being somewhat of a mess in the dark. As for morning runs in the dark, my randomly placed 5k bib has put me in a further back corral so it's usually starting to get light by the time I finish but in November I could see where that might not happen. I guess, prep time for cast members may be a more likely reason. It's a lot faster to take things down before or as people are entering the park than setting them up while everyone is in the park or perhaps the cost of having the parks open for an after party when they could just charge us to enter for normal hours.

I think Everest wasn't as profitable, since they just had one race that weekend - and they still had an expo (a smaller one, but they still had vendors to pay). Maybe similar with ToT 10-miler - 10-mile race and 5K. Where the rest of the race weekends have at least 3 races + all have the kiddos of course).

If any other races get added, I don't see them straying far away from the 5K/10K/half/kids line-ups they seem to have settled into.

I think Everest wasn't as profitable, since they just had one race that weekend - and they still had an expo (a smaller one, but they still had vendors to pay). Maybe similar with ToT 10-miler - 10-mile race and 5K. Where the rest of the race weekends have at least 3 races + all have the kiddos of course).

If any other races get added, I don't see them straying far away from the 5K/10K/half/kids line-ups they seem to have settled into.
Maybe they could do a half, 10K, and 5K scavenger hunt kind of like Everest. However the 5Ks never have a problem selling out so they likely wouldn't do that.

That definitely makes sense given that's the model they moved Wine & Dine to.

I was thinking that too on Everest. They didn't really have much for vendors, the expo was very very tiny so not a lot of money brought in on selling booths probably & the race participants was 6000 or less. Lots of extra volunteers needed as clue checkers so that was a big difference there and the obstacles probably were some sort of extra liability, although when I did it they were pretty easy obstacles so not anything crazy on those. It was more expensive then the typical 5k though.

Who knows what RunDisney views as "popular". I'm sure they have like detailed data or maybe not ;)

I think Everest wasn't as profitable, since they just had one race that weekend - and they still had an expo (a smaller one, but they still had vendors to pay).

I'd be interested to find out more about the expo vendors. Most events of this type that I'm aware of require vendors to pay to have a table/booth present, so the vendors at the expo would actually be a source of income for runDisney, not an expense. Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean by vendors in this context?

I'd be interested to find out more about the expo vendors. Most events of this type that I'm aware of require vendors to pay to have a table/booth present, so the vendors at the expo would actually be a source of income for runDisney, not an expense. Unless I am misunderstanding what you mean by vendors in this context?
You're right, I said that wrong. :upsidedow I tried googling around, looked like only a few vendors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter