Most Americans Like 3 Meals a Day. Did You Eat NOTHING? 10 days DXDP

Grand Floridian Cafe

We were sad to be here, as it marked our last ADR, and our last morning in WDW! We were seated promptly, and our server was friendly and helpful. She also worked her magic so that I could use 5 of my remaining credits to pay for breakfast for the family of 5 sitting across from us. Totally anonymously, so, I hope they felt pixie dusted! We were struggling what to choose from this menu, it's a bit breakfast and lunch all at once. Both children ended up with Giant Mickey waffles and sausages, which they both found a little overwhelming. DS ADDITONALLY ordered the chicken pesto pasta, which he picked at, and which smelled lovely, but we were too sad to eat much. I ordered the Floridian Pancakes, and they were really delicious with orange cranberry and pecans. DH had the steak, I believe. Everything was good. The food here seems to be fine, and service good too, but, if I wasn't staying here, I probably wouldn't make the journey. Which is really no reflection on the quality, just the fact that there are so many places to try. We needed a low key option in our own resort, so it was ideal for us this time though.

General Notes

There are some issues with Disney Dining and not being an American, which I found troubling. Luckily, concierge was very helpful with changing dining, because, as a non American, it is not possible to change your reservations on the fly on the app. Because you have to add a USA mobile phone number. If you don't have one, you can't use it. The same thing is an issue when checking in to restaurants. My British mobile phone number was not good enough to be able to text us when our table was ready, so we had to hang out right by the door. Which, was never a huge problem since we never waited a huge amount of time, but, it seems an odd anomaly.

Great reviews! The DxDP is waaay too much food and I'm American. I don't know anyone that has dessert and appetizers with lunch and dinner! Good to see you had a great brunch at California Grill. I have an ADR in May to give it a try.

Great reviews! The DxDP is waaay too much food and I'm American. I don't know anyone that has dessert and appetizers with lunch and dinner! Good to see you had a great brunch at California Grill. I have an ADR in May to give it a try.
It *is* way too much food. But the Brunch at California Grill is really wonderful. I hope you have a great time.

I thoroughly enjoyed your review! Thank you.

As an OLD American, in Disney my husband and I rarely eat more than two meals a day and maybe get one snack. And often times we share!

Love your reviews! (definitely curious about the 'lack of macaroni' - just different shaped pasta?)

I can't imagine using the DXDP, even as an American :rotfl2:. Yes, we eat 3 meals a day... but not that much food! That CM was strange!
Yes, I agree. We don't eat three full meals like Disney would serve on the deluxe - including appetizers, dessert, etc. The regular dining plan at Disney includes 2 meals and 2 snacks, which is generally plenty of food. Use a snack credit for breakfast, and for an afternoon treat, and then your two meals (only one of which includes dessert now). More than enough.

I enjoyed your reviews! You ate at some of our recent favorites (Citricos, Grand Floridian Cafe) and some places we look forward to trying on our next trip- Brunch at the Top! Seriously can’t wait for that one!

A recurring theme for him was the lack of milk provided for tea drinking, and the not hot enough-ness of the water with which to make tea. This is a recurring theme everywhere in the USA.

I am a tea drinker at home, but I don’t even bother in restaurants and just order coffee because there is nothing worse than tea made with lukewarm water in a tiny mug. The only place I’ve ever had decent hot tea is the afternoon tea at GF, and well, they better do it right there or we have major problems. Lol.

Yes, I agree. We don't eat three full meals like Disney would serve on the deluxe - including appetizers, dessert, etc. The regular dining plan at Disney includes 2 meals and 2 snacks, which is generally plenty of food. Use a snack credit for breakfast, and for an afternoon treat, and then your two meals (only one of which includes dessert now). More than enough.
We had the regular plan before, and it was plenty of food. We got the DXDP this time because, we thought, a) it was a massive bargain with the discount, b) we would book TS breakfast and then TS signature dinner, thus get, on our last big vacation together, to try more things and c) we didn't like a lot of the CS options. A lot of our planning went out of the window when w realised the huge problems my daughter had with food of any kind away from home, but we were overwhelmed by the amount of food.

I enjoyed your reviews! You ate at some of our recent favorites (Citricos, Grand Floridian Cafe) and some places we look forward to trying on our next trip- Brunch at the Top! Seriously can’t wait for that one!

I am a tea drinker at home, but I don’t even bother in restaurants and just order coffee because there is nothing worse than tea made with lukewarm water in a tiny mug. The only place I’ve ever had decent hot tea is the afternoon tea at GF, and well, they better do it right there or we have major problems. Lol.

Have a wonderful time. Brunch at the top is awesome!
And, yes, ideally, but, he both dislikes and is, for some reason I have yet to fathom, morally opposed to coffee.

I enjoyed this read! We have an upcoming trip and will be using the Deluxe Dining Plan as well for the first time, so I particularly enjoy reading posts about such. I am glad you guys found a way to make the plan work for your kids. :)

I enjoyed this read! We have an upcoming trip and will be using the Deluxe Dining Plan as well for the first time, so I particularly enjoy reading posts about such. I am glad you guys found a way to make the plan work for your kids. :)
Thank you for reading, have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!