More stores locking up every single item

My local Walmart locks up the men’s socks and underwear but not the woman’s.

Edited to add. Just saw @BlueStarryHat ‘s post. Guess it isn’t just mine. Seems to odd.

Funny this thread should pop up. My sister and I took a trip to WalMart last week because she wanted to buy boxer briefs for her husband, and all of the men's underwear was in a locked case. Just out of curiosity we checked the women's underwear and it was out in the open. It was a huge hassle even finding an employee to unlock the case for us to get to the underwear so she could buy it.
And did they allow you to take the underwear or did they have to walk it to the front for you?

I can’t wait until the Controversial Topic sub-forum gets going. I’d love to hear someone defend the concepts that have allowed the Rule of Law, which is the foundation for our civil societies, to be pushed to the wayside.

Is that board definitely happening?

And did they allow you to take the underwear or did they have to walk it to the front for you?

I’m not the one who posted about underwear, but I’ve seen employees in Walmart open the locked cases and just hand the merchandise to the customer. Once was spray paint and the other pet flea collars.

Nothing to stop the customers from walking out with said locked up products.

I’m not the one who posted about underwear, but I’ve seen employees in Walmart open the locked cases and just hand the merchandise to the customer. Once was spray paint and the other pet flea collars.

Nothing to stop the customers from walking out with said locked up products.

I’ve seen them do both. Socks and underwear seem to be something they are more likely to walk it to the front.

Spray paint could be locked up because under 18 can’t purchase it so are more likely to take a five finger discount. Being over 18 they aren’t as concerned with that maybe?

What ticks me off about Walmart is they have all their fragrances locked up and they got rid of the tester bottles because of Covid. If somebody is concerned about touching the tester bottle then they can use some hand sanitizer.

I can’t wait until the Controversial Topic sub-forum gets going. I’d love to hear someone defend the concepts that have allowed the Rule of Law, which is the foundation for our civil societies, to be pushed to the wayside.
It isn't defendable. I just don't understand why stores don't move to the Amazon Go Model where there are no checkout aisles. You just pick out whatever you want and walk out.

This is the first post that addresses 'the law." While I really don't want to get into it with someone on the soon to be CM subforum, I do agree with your train of thought.

My thought, lets not lock up the products but lets lock up the ppl that steal. Consequences.

All the Walmarts here, you put it in your cart. When they first started locking up items about 3 years ago, they used to take it up front and hold it for you there. Not anymore.

Not a bad idea, but voters here in California said by a wide majority that those crimes are not worth prosecuting. They were clogging the jails.
I hear ya, same thing here in WA.

I realize my opinion is very simplistic at its core, there are so many variables involved. Just frustrating

Our local Target has closed their self check-outs. And less than a week before Christmas had only one checkout open. So don't assume they will open more lanes when self-check is gone.

Our local Target has closed their self check-outs. And less than a week before Christmas had only one checkout open. So don't assume they will open more lanes when self-check is gone.
LOL. Before the Target by my work got self checks, I was in there at 8 in the morning and the clerk tried to tell me she was closing for her break. I pointed out she was the ONLY checkstand open. Instead of just checking me out, she called over the manager wanting to know where the two other clerks were because it was time for her break. Manager pointed out that one person came in 3 hours before her and was on lunch, the other came in 2 hours before her and was her break, and the clerk trying to take her break wasn't due for a break for another hour.

Not a bad idea, but voters here in California said by a wide majority that those crimes are not worth prosecuting. They were clogging the jails.
Not worth it to who? The innocent victims or the decent, law abiding citizens that are then affected in so many negative ways, like the ones being discussed here? Oh man...am I anxious to get that new forum started! :teeth:

Funny this thread should pop up. My sister and I took a trip to WalMart last week because she wanted to buy boxer briefs for her husband, and all of the men's underwear was in a locked case. Just out of curiosity we checked the women's underwear and it was out in the open. It was a huge hassle even finding an employee to unlock the case for us to get to the underwear so she could buy it.
The men’s underwear at my local Walmart isn’t locked up, but it’s almost always a total mess. Plastic packages ripped open, people open boxes to check then unskillfully stuff them back, Hanes where Fruit of the Loom belongs, etc.

I wonder if people just steal one from a package and stuff it in their pocket.

Even if whole packages aren’t being shoplifted, maybe your Walmart locks up men’s underwear to prevent issues like I find in mine.

Oh, and supposedly women buy something like 75% of men’s underwear, so maybe it’s the ladies’ fault. :duck:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter