Moonlight Magic

Bowen9475

DIS Veteran
We will be at WDW, staying st SSR, for one of the MK Moonlight Madness dates for the first time ever. Can someone please explain to me how to go about booking this event? How many people can go to this event with us? Thanks in advance :)

They will announce the dates for registration. At 9:00am ET, they create a queue and you wait.

You may book 4 tickets, or up to the number registered in your unit (if booked in a 2BR or GV).

The moonlight magic events are considered a membership extra, you need to have qualifying points in order to register for the event. Qualifying points are either those purchased direct from DVC or resale purchased prior to 4/42016.

You might get an email from DVC the day prior to when registration opens, or you may not. It's hit or miss on the emails. If you are eligible for membership extras, you will be able to register on 1/8/2020 at 9am eastern using the link in the email (if you get it) or on the event details page.

Since you are staying at SSR, you can register for the total number of persons listed on your room reservation. Children under 3 don't need to be registered for the event.

Eventually, the event details page will be available on this page on the member website: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/member-events/moonlight-magic/

Dates are already booked for our home resort for just those special nights all the way out until the last one 9/22 - very interesting! Something to keep in mind when booking ahead of Moonlight Magic and not trying to book during it for any reason other than personal ones. Can put a kink in the works inadvertently, yikes.

We were lucky enough to be at WDW for 1 moonlight magic.
They will let you know when registration opens.
Register as early as you can.
We loved the event we went to at EPCOT! Truely magical. Saw characters we have never seen on other trips.
Amazing character interaction. The characters had time to interact with guests and were incredible!
Incredible one off fireworks.
Would go back in a heartbeat if the timing worked.

Dates are already booked for our home resort for just those special nights all the way out until the last one 9/22 - very interesting! Something to keep in mind when booking ahead of Moonlight Magic and not trying to book during it for any reason other than personal ones. Can put a kink in the works inadvertently, yikes.
The MM event nights will book very quickly once the schedule is released. If you find a hole in your intended travel period, book what you can and use the waitlist for the missing night.

Of course, as a new direct owner, you might also consider booking a ”Welcome Home” reservation, assisted by your guide, to help smooth the road the first time through the process.

FWIW, I booked a reservation at a non-home resort on speculation before the dates were released. When the MM were released, I found that my dates were off by a week or so ... so I quickly jumped online to move them, best I could. There was a one night hole on the MM event night ... which eventually was filled via the waitlist. Phew.

Good luck with your playing, planing and travel. Isn’t it cool to be browsing inventory/availability already!?! :)

There's a link in my previous post that will eventually have the event details page. They will put a registration button on the event detail page shortly before registration opens.
I think I'm missing something. Do we have to register online and then on Nov. 20 phone to book it? First time we've been staying onsite when the dates worked so we want to make sure we give ourselves the best shot of getting it.
Thanks,
Tony

I think I'm missing something. Do we have to register online and then on Nov. 20 phone to book it? First time we've been staying onsite when the dates worked so we want to make sure we give ourselves the best shot of getting it.
Thanks,
Tony
Event registration for the MM events is online only. If you are staying onsite at WDW during one of the event nights when the DAK MM Event will occur, you can go online at 9 am eastern on 11/20 to try and reserve spots for the event.

Event registration for the MM events is online only. If you are staying onsite at WDW during one of the event nights when the DAK MM Event will occur, you can go online at 9 am eastern on 11/20 to try and reserve spots for the event.
Thank you. This will be the first time my dates had coincided with a moonlight magic event also. I'm hoping to reserve spots for 2.

Party is from 9-12. At what time will they let us in, without having to use a regular day's ticket.?

Does anyone have recommendations on which type of device is best for registration? (ie. phone vs computer) I will likely be at work during registration time, but cannot access my personal e-mail from my work computer.

Does anyone have recommendations on which type of device is best for registration? (ie. phone vs computer) I will likely be at work during registration time, but cannot access my personal e-mail from my work computer.
It doesn't really matter what type of device you use. You won't need access to your email though, just the registration link/site.

It doesn't really matter what type of device you use. You won't need access to your email though, just the registration link/site.
Thanks! I wasn't sure if the link in the e-mail brought you to a different spot than the event details page posted above. Normally I would just forward the e-mail from my personal account to my work account, and go from there, but if they have some kind of block on that, it won't work.

Thanks! I wasn't sure if the link in the e-mail brought you to a different spot than the event details page posted above. Normally I would just forward the e-mail from my personal account to my work account, and go from there, but if they have some kind of block on that, it won't work.
The event page will have an RSVP link once registration opens. I never get the emails so always have to plan to register this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts