Moonlight Magic

Wife got an email at exactly noon. I didn't get one, and I'm the primary contact on the account. It's so weird how some get emails and not others. I was able go to the wait page using it.

How long have people typically waited in the queue? Just had a meeting changed to 9am tomorrow....don't they know there is Disney stuff to attend to?

Wife got an email at exactly noon. I didn't get one, and I'm the primary contact on the account. It's so weird how some get emails and not others. I was able go to the wait page using it.
Sorry if this is a silly question, but is the wait page different than the event details page? I also received the e-mail but wondering whether the link will break if I forward it to my work e-mail. I'd like to avoid using my phone for registration, but will do so if that is the most efficient way.

I did not receive an email. I'm the only contact on the account, so I'm going to try anyway.

Got it. Talk about stressful. Logged in on DW phone (9:00), my phone (at 8:55) and laptop (9:00). DW phone said #177 in line, laptop #2368 and my phone #3062. Got it on DW phone at 9:03, paperwork completed and confirmation email received by 9:06. Out of curiosity I watched the countdowns on the laptop (got down to #646 at 9:18) and on my phone (got down to 1248 at 9:18). Didn't want to interfere with wait times so I logged out of both devices then.

First time we've even been there for one of these, so really wanted it. Found the wait stressful, didn't sleep much last night hoping the alarm didn't fail me, lol. I'm retired so not used to an alarm (except for Rope Drop).

Good luck to those still in line.

Tony and Debbie

Success. In for feb 25. Was 2839 in the queue.
30 minutes later had my confirmation email.
It did have check box indicating that cash reservations may not be guaranteed a spot.
No technical issues in the process.

Got it for February 25 - was number 3692 in the queue. Got in and completed the registration by just about 9:35. I was a bit worried because I made my resort reservation on Monday which was the cut off day to be able to register according to the DVC website but I had no issues.

Hope everyone got what they wanted!

Success. In for feb 25. Was 2839 in the queue.
30 minutes later had my confirmation email.
It did have check box indicating that cash reservations may not be guaranteed a spot.
No technical issues in the process.

The check box has been there. The wording is, “Members staying at a WDW Resort Hotel on DVC points or cash are not guaranteed a registration.

I assume it’s because of the 48 hr booking policy.

Last edited:
That check box has been there
I had read in research about a prior event that the cash reservation thing was a nightmare, I assumed that checkbox was added to address that. I'm guessing they added after that thread started as it seemed to be a controversial thing at the time.

I had read in research about a prior event that the cash reservation thing was a nightmare, I assumed that checkbox was added to address that. I'm guessing they added after that thread started as it seemed to be a controversial thing at the time.

I noticed the wording in my 2019 registrations (DHS & TL), but not 2017 or 2018.

Got registered right at 9am and just checked again at 10am. 1 person ahead and then it took to registration.

I think they have improved this process. If you have an on-site room reservation, you will get in.

Got in for the 25th...I'm super-excited because my extended family is with me during that time! And my son, which I'm even happier about.

Got it. Talk about stressful. Logged in on DW phone (9:00), my phone (at 8:55) and laptop (9:00). DW phone said #177 in line, laptop #2368 and my phone #3062. Got it on DW phone at 9:03, paperwork completed and confirmation email received by 9:06.

Wow, lucky! I was in the queue before the queue starting at 5:40 my time (just b/c I clicked to see what it would do, and I figured I'd stay) and then just at 6 my time on my computer. Computer got mid-3000s. Phone got 816 HIGHER than my computer. Got my email at 6:34 my time. I'd take your #177 stress any day!

But, since I have a party of 8, I was multiplying even 4000+ by 8 just in case everyone ahead was in 2 bedrooms, and that didn't seem like capacity, so I was pretty chill. Plus, I was and am tired. :)

Does anybody have an estimation of how many tickets are offered per night for the event out of curiosities sake?

Long wait, but got it for January
40 minutes to complete the process. DH was enjoying the numbers, watching the countdown and the time between updates.
I was on right at 9 and was 4100 ish in line

I was able to register but wondering if we'll have problems.

Summary: My wife and i have our own membership, and we are also associate members on my parents membership. My on site reservation during the event is using my parents membership points. (mom and dad passed away last year, so we're currently just managing their account as associates).

So I got confirmation using their membership, and was able to put my name in the box for "someone else with same membership number will be checking in".

When I go to check in for the event, I'll have my photo ID and my physical membership card. I can probably find Dad's physical membership card as well, but the first name won't match.

Are we going to have problems?

I was able to register but wondering if we'll have problems.

Summary: My wife and i have our own membership, and we are also associate members on my parents membership. My on site reservation during the event is using my parents membership points. (mom and dad passed away last year, so we're currently just managing their account as associates).

So I got confirmation using their membership, and was able to put my name in the box for "someone else with same membership number will be checking in".

When I go to check in for the event, I'll have my photo ID and my physical membership card. I can probably find Dad's physical membership card as well, but the first name won't match.

Are we going to have problems?

First, I am sorry for your loss,

if you are associates on that account, can you log in and see his membership card?

The only thing is it said the person checking in has to be a qualified membership, but I know that people who have more than one membership have been able to book and didn’t have problems when the reservation was on the membership that did not qualify

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter