Moonlight Magic is BACK!

This makes me nervous. No email. I received my email for HS back in May - was booked on blue card for that one. This AK is on resale points so maybe DVC will not allow me to go on resale points.

This makes me nervous. No email. I received my email for HS back in May - was booked on blue card for that one. This AK is on resale points so maybe DVC will not allow me to go on resale points.

I thought that I had heard that MM events was only for blue card - and if you already attended an event for the blue card points you have, you wont be able to register for another. Blue card contracts can register for multiple events - at least that's what I read on another thread.

I’m pretty sure that’s the issue. If you have a blue card you should be able to book on the second date.

I thought that I had heard that MM events was only for blue card - and if you already attended an event for the blue card points you have, you wont be able to register for another. Blue card contracts can register for multiple events - at least that's what I read on another thread.
You can only attend one event per park, you can't attend 2 Epcot etc. You should be able to attend 1 of each event, if you can get in. Pre shut down we attended the one at each park and had booked stays. Haven't heard any different.

Has anyone gotten their email for AK registration tomorrow? I have 2 reservations on points and have not received an email yet.

I got my email - I posted the registration link here earlier today: https://www.disboards.com/threads/moonlight-magic-ak.3884055/page-5#post-64112322

If you have a valid reservation you don't need the email, just use the link.

You don't need to be staying on direct points only, but there have been issues in the past where if you have multiple DVC accounts (due to having different Use Years) and only one of them has direct points that qualify you for a blue card, the system sometimes doesn't recognize your reservation. It had been reported that this issue was fixed previously - but might account for why some haven't gotten the email.

So what info do we need when using the email link? Our member number and a reservation number?

I got my email - I posted the registration link here earlier today: https://www.disboards.com/threads/moonlight-magic-ak.3884055/page-5#post-64112322

If you have a valid reservation you don't need the email, just use the link.

You don't need to be staying on direct points only, but there have been issues in the past where if you have multiple DVC accounts (due to having different Use Years) and only one of them has direct points that qualify you for a blue card, the system sometimes doesn't recognize your reservation. It had been reported that this issue was fixed previously - but might account for why some haven't gotten the email.
This is probably my issue. I'm blue card but this reservation is booked on resale points - different membership # & different UY. Does is help calling MS or is that a waste of time?

This is probably my issue. I'm blue card but this reservation is booked on resale points - different membership # & different UY. Does is help calling MS or is that a waste of time?
I’m in same boat and no email yesterday. I called member services about a week ago and they confirmed I am eligible today but I have my doubts

Personally I think it is a waste of time, try going on before 11am to the link provided and it should recognize your blue card status. This was an issue with the Epcot round but supposedly they fixed the glitch with Hollywood Studios - so you hopefully will be good with Animal Kingdom.

Personally I think it is a waste of time, try going on before 11am to the link provided and it should recognize your blue card status. This was an issue with the Epcot round but supposedly they fixed the glitch with Hollywood Studios - so you hopefully will be good with Animal Kingdom.

It wasn’t fixed for HS. Several members reported the same problems.

You may need to enter your resale member # to get in, but finish the reservation with your blue card # or the reverse. I recall one person mentioning they did that. Calling in did nothing as MS wasn’t able to override it.

It wasn’t fixed for HS. Several members reported the same problems.

I read multiple reports on DVC Fan of people having success too - so it seems like it is hit or miss. Similarly to your post though they had to try different membership numbers for it to come up. I think like you said - you use the membership number that your reservation was made under to get in at the beginning.

Thank you! Will try the tips & see what happens. I did call MS for the heck of it & they did say that because I booked on resale that I will not be able to book today but who knows. I'll try & report back.

Thank you! Will try the tips & see what happens. I did call MS for the heck of it & they did say that because I booked on resale that I will not be able to book today but who knows. I'll try & report back.

I don't think that is correct, I have a single account with multiple contracts on it (single UY) and I have both direct and resale points and I used my resale points to stay 2 weeks ago during the Hollywood Studios Moonlight Magic and was able to register with no issue. It is more a matter of the system knowing that you qualify for the Membership Extras which I assume is harder to figure out when you have multiple membership numbers. It is an IT problem unfortunately that they haven't quite figured out.

I don't think that is correct, I have a single account with multiple contracts on it (single UY) and I have both direct and resale points and I used my resale points to stay 2 weeks ago during the Hollywood Studios Moonlight Magic and was able to register with no issue. It is more a matter of the system knowing that you qualify for the Membership Extras which I assume is harder to figure out when you have multiple membership numbers. It is an IT problem unfortunately that they haven't quite figured out.
Disney's IT is truly unbelievable that they are a multi-billion dollar company with this bad of an IT dept. Leadership CHOOSES not to spend money in that area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter