Monorail question

TwistGrl101

DIS Veteran
We are heading to Disney in November, and although we have stayed at the BC the last 3 trips, I thought this time we should try Poly, mainly for the monorail convenience (dd8, dd6, ds3, dd9mos.) However, I keep reading negative reviews about either the monorail breaking down or the long line for the monorail at the end of the day. Is it that bad after Wishes? (Thinking about possibly trying the Dessert party, although I guess we can skip that, leave MK early, and just watch the fireworks from the Poly beach...)

Am I better off at Contemporary where we can just walk to MK? But I don't read too many great reviews about CR...

How about WL CL? People seem to love WL, and we could fit 5 plus an infant if we stay CL. Would it make sense to take the boat from WL to CR to hop on the monorail for Epcot/resort hopping? Is there a long wait for the WL boat at MK park closing? But we hated HDDR, not sure if we would love the atmosphere here?

Or are we better off with the tried and true BC, and just suck it up and take the bus to MK? This trip we plan to spend more time at MK though...

Decisions!!

I think you should stick with Poly this time - we found that even if the monorail wasn't running - we could easily take the big ferry across (kids love that too) and then just walk over to our room at the Poly:thumbsup2 or vice versa in the morning to get to MK....

There are also the smaller boats that make the loop from MK to Poly & GF you could use if need beprincess:

For WL - we've stayed there also and used the boat over to Contemporary and then walked or took monorail to MK - but that can be very time consuming :hourglass - and you don't get the same beach view of the MK like you do at Poly:sad:

wl cl only sleeps 4 plus an infant not 5.
Standard Room - Club Level
View Photos

Views of Woodlands, Courtyard, Pool, Waterfall or Bay Lake

1 Queen Bed and 1 Bunk Bed or 2 Queen Beds

Sleeps up to 4

I would stay at CR as the ease from walking to MK is awesome. plus you can sleep 5 plus and infant at cr and the rooms are much larger than wl. WL is about 340 sq ft and cr is 436 sq ft

Since you asked about the CR, I can tell you that for our family, I would choose it based on location alone. The walkway to the MK is priceless. Takes 7-10 minutes maximum. No waits, no broken down monorail, no folding the stroller (and I assume you will have a double). Our boys loved watching the monorail in the building itself. We love the resort, enjoy the food options, and like the rooms. The poly is lovely too but one thing that bothers me is that for bus service, it always shares with the CR and it's always the second pick up. During our stays our buses to DHS and AK have always been full from the CR and usually standing room only or very few seats by the time we made it to the Poly. So that's my two cents. We love, love, love the CR.

twinboysmom said:
Since you asked about the CR, I can tell you that for our family, I would choose it based on location alone. The walkway to the MK is priceless. Takes 7-10 minutes maximum. No waits, no broken down monorail, no folding the stroller (and I assume you will have a double). Our boys loved watching the monorail in the building itself. We love the resort, enjoy the food options, and like the rooms. The poly is lovely too but one thing that bothers me is that for bus service, it always shares with the CR and it's always the second pick up. During our stays our buses to DHS and AK have always been full from the CR and usually standing room only or very few seats by the time we made it to the Poly. So that's my two cents. We love, love, love the CR.

This!

I would do the The Poly or CR biggest rooms on property. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Kae

CR fans here, too. This time, we're staying at BLT so we can have the convenience of CR but with more space (our 15 mo old is high maintenance!). I was hesitant at first to stay at CR, but it is my preferred resort. WL is beautiful, but we felt cramped with just 3 people (and one was 3!). Poly was a letdown for me. I love walking to the MK!

One thing that may be a problem for me at CR is that it does not have a zero entry pool...I love zero entry for the convenience of DS3 and (weather permitting) I will be bringing in DD9mos.
DH is still set on BC for the fourth time in a row, and even though I am head over heels in love with BC, The convenience of the monorail for MK, Epcot, and restaurants is really selling me to change things up. Plus, Stormalong Bay will be hard this trip as I'll be alone with the younger ones while DH has the older ones at the slide.
But now you guys are starting to persuade me to try CR...I'll admit I have never been appealed to it before.

One thing that may be a problem for me at CR is that it does not have a zero entry pool...I love zero entry for the convenience of DS3 and (weather permitting) I will be bringing in DD9mos.
DH is still set on BC for the fourth time in a row, and even though I am head over heels in love with BC, The convenience of the monorail for MK, Epcot, and restaurants is really selling me to change things up. Plus, Stormalong Bay will be hard this trip as I'll be alone with the younger ones while DH has the older ones at the slide.
But now you guys are starting to persuade me to try CR...I'll admit I have never been appealed to it before.

I understand about the zero entry love it! WL does not have a zero entry either. I am a huge epcot resort fan.

I always vote for trying something new. That said, we did BLT on our last trip because we had DD2 and DS7 mos..... we're doing it again for the location and space. It was amazing. We spent a lot of time in the contemporary and rode the monorail LOTS of times (DD thinks that is a ride all by itself) and never once had a problem. It stopped for 2 minutes one time to "clear traffic".... but nothing like the Disboard complainers would make you believe.

I say try out the monorail resorts and see what you think! I LOVED the Poly when I was a kid and we will probably try that as soon as they get DVC....I'm now hooked on the villa.

I certainly understand the appeal of the zero entry pool (I have 2 little ones as well) and I will be honest, the pool at the CR is a little boring. I do agree with you about SAB. We won't stay at the BC until our boys are out of strollers (the worst bus service we have ever had to MK occurred there) and until they can swim well. I think you will really like the convenience of the monorail resorts for the MK and Epcot and if you do choose the CR, I know you will understand why I say that walkway is priceless. Happy planning!

Poly is great... Yes there is a big line for the monorail right after the fireworks, but if you wait a few minutes and then take the resort monorail it's not a nightmare. Also you can take the Poly/GF boat (not too many people take it) or you can take the big ferry to the TTC and just walk over to the Poly (it's very close).

The Poly gives you the convenience of walking to the Epcot monorail as well...

The Wishes dessert party was nice, but my family prefers watching the fireworks from our balcony at the Poly (with a few dessert items to munch on). The fireworks views from the GF and the CR are technically closer, but the Poly has a straight-on view of the castle and IMO provides the best viewing.

CR has the walkway, but not the easy access to Epcot...

I would pick based on the resort theming that appeals to you the most.

And as others have said, I don't think you can fit in the WL since the rooms only sleep 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter