Monorail hours changing to 1 hour after REGULAR park close...

I hate to disagree but I think you need to figure out what the "cost" is for the EMH nights not to have a monorail one way. What if taking the bus or boar turns out to be faster?

right, take the cost of a monorail resort vs another deluxe, then divide by number of hours you're actually not able to use the monorail because of this change, and I'm willing to bet it's a small amount of money. If we continue on this path, you're just going to end up taking a crowded bus back to the hotel anyway because rails break down all the time. This way, we will still have boats in operation so there will be much much less unexpected downtime.

Also, where do people get the idea that they are not running for party nights? Disney clearly stated that has not yet been determined.

As for dinner reservations, if you are staying at a monorail resort and need to transfer to another one, I would assume they will have a buses doing a loop of their own, otherwise you take the boat to MK and bus to final destination. If you're staying at any other resort, it's really no different. You get to MK via bus and transfer to another bus or boat.

Considering the 10s of thousands of pissed off people on xmas day, July 3, July 4, and countless other days in the past 6 months alone, Disney knows they are better off taking their chances upsetting the relatively small % of people who utilize EMH those last couple hours or have excessively late dinner reservations. You can't sacrifice the many for the needs of the few(I've learned that the hard way) It's the hard reality of the situation.

As with any piece of machinery, there is only so much usage you can get out of it. The monorail was probably built to run so many miles of the years, much like a car. If a car is not taken in for inspections and maintenance, it's going to break down. So thing like the buses. They are taken out off the road when they break down. The monorails are 20+ years old and have a lot of wear and tear on them.

I understand that people dish out a lot of money to stay at the hotels on the monorail line. But, it's not like they are doing this during regular hours. So IMO, letting the monorails ride without maintenance is like driving a car without breaks or a plane without an engine. Let Disney fix the problem before it gets worse.

By the way, after listening to the podcast, I thought a majority of the Disers were against this idea. But it seems to me that many Disers are in favor of this.

Just an update as I attended MK EMH on Friday and we stayed until 3am.

Our car was parked at TTC. Would've preferred to take the bus, but due to circumstances we had to drive.

Walk out of the turnstiles, the express monorail is not operating. We asked a turnstile CM, she said to use the ferry. We get to the ferry, it is also not operating. CMs try to send us to the buses, but we explain we need TTC. A transportation CM stood near the ferry dock and sent us to the resort monorail which WAS running. Not a huge deal, but the CMs didn't seem to all be on the same page :confused3 (nothing new though I suppose :rotfl2:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter