• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monorail Drink-A-Thon

Pineapple and Vodkas are great! However after pretty much drinking only them for a year and half they start to wear on you! Yes I'm not much of red wine drinker. I don't like room temperature liquids, so I think that is where my problem lies. Plus clearly I enjoy sweeter drinks. (O and no offense taken)

;)

One of my absolute favorite drink (and it is a "sweeter" drink) is a Grape Crush.... Chambord, Vodka & sour mix/ lemonade.....

Except I use Pink Lemonade and I make them frozen. Try one sometime I think you'd like them.

YUM!!! That sounds great! I def will give that one a try.

I once had a drink called a "grape bill" which my friend bill had created one day in college while going through what we had in our fridge. It had grape gatorade, lemonade, vodka, o yes and grape jelly. It was awful!!! :crazy2: I never had any grape drinks since then, but I think it might be time to give grape another chance...as long as there is no jelly involved!

What do I have to try while staying at the GF in December?

Leighe....
Try not to have a heart attack when you get the bill at checkout LOL:teeth:

Originally posted by Cantw8
Leighe....
Try not to have a heart attack when you get the bill at checkout LOL:teeth:

laugh.gif

awesome.

Heehee, Cantw8....aren't you clever!

BTW-I JUST figured out your name means "can't wait!"

leighe-I do not know if GF has a specialty drink...although I am sure there is a fellow LOTW that may know something. I will always have fond memories of Mizner's Lounge at GF as that is the first place I ever had a dirty martini, which is now my signature drink!

Robin-That lapu lapu is beautiful! Looks like it is worth $10!!!!! And your DD is gorgeous!

pixiedust-Why don't you try a cosmopolitan? Vodka, splash of triple sec, lime juice and cran juice. Oh so pretty, too!

wildernesslodgelover - Have you tried Grand Marnier in your cosmo instead of triple sec? Quite tasty!! And what this has to do with Disney, I have no idea!!!

Interesting thread. We usually partake in a beverage or two at Epcot since we travel with our children.

BTW, the beer with the lemon is usally a hefe weizen beer. These are wheat based, light (in taste not calories) beers served ice cold with a wedge of lemon. Great summer beers as the go down smooth.

Just my .02 worth.

JT

Hey JT, fellow Chicagoan.
Where do you get that beer?
Is that in Epcot?
I like water with lemon, ice cold beer with lemon sounds interesting.:drinking1

Yes, JJ, I have! And Grand Marnier has WAAAAY more alcohol percent that triple sec...and I really think I felt the difference after 3 cosmos!

I also like GM instead of TS in my margaritas. You know what else is good? ITALIAN MARGARITAS!!! Use Ameretto instead of triple sec...YUM!

Ok, gonna pour myself some chardonnay right now...this thread is making me THIRSTY!

Originally posted by wildernesslodgelover
Robin-That lapu lapu is beautiful! Looks like it is worth $10!!!!! And your DD is gorgeous!

Thankd to you and MAC3 for the nice compliments :).

I happen to think the lapu-lapu is worth the extra $$. First of all, the drink is bigger than a normal drink. Secondly, it's served in a fresh, hollowed out pineapple.

When not drinking lapu-lapus, I'm a big dry Bombay Saphire martini fan. With olives. Shulas serves a nice martini as does Narcoossee's at the GF. Narcoossee's has a nice little bar in the middle of the restaurant. I think you *may* be able to take drinks on the deck. Does anyone know for sure?

I hope someone out there knows for sure...I like knowing I can go to different restaurants and "experience" the atmosphere with just a cocktail and maybe an app!

Just the thread I needed!

Disney is my thing and DH comes along to keep me happy. He was moaning that he would miss his Wednesday night at the pub with his mates (drink 3 beers and the 4th is free!).

So now I can tell him that I have planned a treat for him (not to mention that I think it's an awesome idea.

When we are the WL:
We'll start with a drink at WL, then a Lapu Lapu at the Poly, the contempory, the GF, and then back to our room at the WL for a nightcap (Baileys probably).

When we are at the Beach Club Resort - we'll head on over the the Big River Grille for the beer sampler.

Now what can we do when we are POR?

At POR, you can take a boat ride to DTD, have a few drinks in the West Side restaurants or Pleasure Island, and hop on the boat back to the hotel.

Also, walk over to POFQ and they have a lounge with a live musician. We didn't get to go to the lounge because we were with our DD7, but we heard him from the lobby and he was quite funny, plus the music was not bad.

Just wanted to say hello to Rachael and also that I was in Vancouver in April and LOVED IT! I didn't do as much as I wanted to...I actually got a little sick there and stayed in our room...but DH was happy to cross the street and go drink beers and eat fish and chips at Mahoney's on Burrard. We stayed at the Sutton Place. You have a beautiful place there...we also drove over the White Rock...I think it is in Surrey? Anyway....it is spectacular in your neck of the woods! You may not be that "into" the WL because it is similar to where you are coming from!

Originally posted by Rachael Q

When we are the WL:
We'll start with a drink at WL, then a Lapu Lapu at the Poly, the contempory, the GF, and then back to our room at the WL for a nightcap (Baileys probably).

Wouldn't the loop be:

WL -> boat to CR -> mono to Poly -> mono to GF -> Mono to CR -> boat to WL

Cantw8 - Hahahahaha! I'll try! I'm going to have the trip paid for before we leave so I'll really be able to tell what a lush I am after this trip. No "Well, I think this bill is so high because of the extra special room taxes!";)

Ok, so far that's a Grand Mimosa (I love Mimosas - I love champagne in any form!) and a dirty Martini. It's already looking like a bad day for the Teacups in MK!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter