Monorail Drink-A-Thon

ironz-I will check that out, although I do not think we will get to the AK this trip.

So is MK the only park with no booze?

Hey, Ahhhhhhhhhhh (hope I got the number of "Hs"right) which resort has been you favorite so far? How many times to you plan to go in 2005? Any plans to stay at WL?

I'm not sure. Maybe there is a special drink tour that could be done of MGM? Thanks for the info on the Fiesta Margarita. Last time I was there I just had plain Mango (which was very very good). I'm not a big fan of tequilla...actually i hate it. But by the time we got to Mexico It was no longer an issue for I lacked the ability to taste the tequilla! :bounce: :earseek: :Pinkbounc

btw I think every man should be extremely happy when they meet/date a girl who qualifies for the LOTW. We're very rare, and it's a joy to watch us drink your friends under the table (esp when we take them out in shot for shot)....not that I have done this (at least not tooo often b/c it does embarass the boys) :drinking:

i am very happy with my girl...and hence this next trip will be a bit extra special (she will be my bride to be!...or i hope!)

as for next year...we're doing contemporary tower (facing mk) during the summer and maybe a night or two at the french quarter.

for the winter...i wnat to do the wilderness lodge...its sooooooooooo nice but for me it seems like more of a romantic winter resort than anything. ive stayed there once and my only complaint is that theres no monorail stop there :p

regardless...id like to do all moderate and deluxe resorts.

as of now my favorite has to be the boardwalk inn with a view of the boardwalk. hers is the polynesian...we shall see how things go! :)

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :crazy:

OMG! I am going to cry! You are gonna propose? Seriously, I am feeling a bit misty right now! *sniff, sniff* Where are you gonna do it? How are you gonna do it? Do you have a ring? I wish my DH would have proposed there, but he and I were not into Disney back then (we have been married 8 years.) Does she suspect anything? How long have you two been together? Seriously...how old are you? Is that too personal? I am 36 if that makes you feel better.

Would you ever consider a Disney Wedding?

If so, can I go?

Will there be an open bar???

OK suzywindy, what is a lapu lapu??? Are you holding out on us??LOL. You know, I was just thinking about something....I know when I go to Disney, I always think...."Why in the world do people come to Disney and walk around eating turkey legs???" I guess there are some people who think, "My God, can you believe people are DRINKING in Disney World....this family friendly place!!!!";)

So is MK the only park with no booze?

Yes, as far as I know this is true. What's sad is that this is the park where you most NEED a drink!!!!:tongue:

-Rachael

This thread has REALLY gotten me and DH VERY EXCITED about our trip!!!

I just asked him if we were going to drink our way around the world...and he said "fron sunup to sundown!" WHOHOO!!:teeth:

I do have a question about mimosa's at the world...is the oj with or without pulp??? I don't like to "chew" my drinks....I like 'em to go down FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOO AHHHH! thats great! I'd love to hear your plan as well!! Sorry, but you know how us females get about romance. We feed on it. Honestly I think if you offered a girl on a desert island food or a good romance, she'd pick the romance every time. princess:

This thread is 8 pages long!:earseek: COOL! Where can I get a nice Screwdriver?:confused: (The drink that is).;) I ONLY drink SKY Vodka now, not the cheap stuff!::yes::

ok, this is something I have NOT done in Disney, beening my daughter was always with me. NOW in Dec my friend Val is coming with me!! 2 single girls!!! we want to drink!
staying at the WL. what would be the best route for us?? also want to hit PI this trip!:earseek:

Monorail Lounge Tour, those words bring a smile to my face!!!

Hello my name is Tina & I"m a Disney Drinking Lush;)

We have been talking about doing an "adults only" trip to the world and the Monorail Lounge Tour is #1 on the list!!! :tongue:

A tad OT, but close ;) I went to Disneyland the first weekend of Oct. on an adults only trip & we did some serious "indulging" there! Friday night included a Lounge Tour(hotels & DTD) with a trip on Tower of Terror in between lounges.

I stuck to different flavors of Martini's at each place, worked very well:hyper: and the Melon/Raspberry Martini is too die for!

I'm sooooo looking forward to my first time drinking around the world!! ::yes:: :wave: ;)

PSA:
Prime Time Cafe at MGM has cocktails to go.

I found this out by accident one day. My family decided to go on Star Tours. I didn't want to go so I thought I'd grab a quick drink at the bar at Prime Time. They came back so fast I never even got a chance to order. They didn't want to wait for me to have my drink. They were on full whine mode, especially my husband. ;) The bartender laughed and asked if I like fruity drinks. I said sure, make me anything you want. He handed me a large styrofoam cup with a lid and straw in it. I tell YOU, this was the best drink! A few sips and I was one happy park hopper! I think it took me four hours to drink the whole thing and I even shared with my husband. :bounce:

Ya really gotta love that level of customer service. :)

I wanted to know the name of the drink, but the bartender was off work by the time we went back to find out. :(

On the night before we leave, we always come up with a tour comparable to the "Monorail Crawl." We have done "The Crawl" before, so this is our newest. We call it the "Romantic Tour."

1st Stop - “BlueZoo” in the Dolphin Resort. This restaurant has a beautiful lounge with excellent seafood appetizers. Todd English opened BlueZoo on January 14, 2004.

2nd Stop – “Martha’s Vineyard Lounge” in the Beach Club. Their appetizers include ribs that are prepared at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Take the bus from the Yacht Club to the MK, and monorail to the GF.

3rd Stop – “Mizner's” in the Grand Floridian Resort. The most beautiful lounge at Walt Disney World. Their specialties include cognacs and shrimp cocktail appetizers. Mizner’s stays open until midnight.

We're planning on watching the fireworks from the GF boatdock at 9:15 P.M., a fitting stop to our last night's celebration. By the way, we have no children with us (both have grown up), so we're able to enjoy without worry.

Dana-That sounds lovely! I have been to Mizner's Lounge and agree it is quite beautiful, but have not been to the others. I am glad to hear Blue Zoo has a seperate llounge area. Nice way to check the place out without committing to a dinner.

lucky4me-That was definitely "lucky for you!" LOL!

disneyworld!-Someone on this thread drinking at TL at the WL, then taking the boat to the CL, having a drink there, then monorail to Poly and GF! What fun!

You can get all your drinks to go in the world showcase too. It's nice to walk aournd with a drink in your hand! And you used to be able to walk around with your drink at PI (including outside b/w clubs) but I'm not sure if that is still the policy now that they allow everyone on the island and only adults in the clubs. I will def miss the jello shots waiters outside if this is the case!!! There's always room for jello....shots!

Originally posted by wildernesslodgelover
OMG! I am going to cry! You are gonna propose? Seriously, I am feeling a bit misty right now! *sniff, sniff* Where are you gonna do it? How are you gonna do it? Do you have a ring? I wish my DH would have proposed there, but he and I were not into Disney back then (we have been married 8 years.) Does she suspect anything? How long have you two been together? Seriously...how old are you? Is that too personal? I am 36 if that makes you feel better.

Would you ever consider a Disney Wedding?

If so, can I go?

Will there be an open bar???

whew...internet stops workin for a bit and I got soo much to catch up!

To answer your questions...

Yes. Polynesian Beach during Wishes before we go back to our room. Can't tell you yet! :). Yes. Maybe. Over a year now. I'm 22. It doesn't matter.

We're young, but we're just getting engaged, we still have to finish school. She's studying to be a medical doctor and I am working on electrical engineering. So we have plenty of time...I just want to make sure she's mine for good, mwhahahaha!. :p

Disney Wedding wouldn't be too bad, but I don't know convinient it'd be for the families...we've discussed a "what would we do if we went on a honeymoon" and GF was brought up. so that's definitely there.

Yes...and as for open bar...you know it! ;)

Here you go cantw8:
Lapu Lapu - Tropical fruit juices and Myers dark rum served in a fresh pineapple topped with Bacardi 151 $9.99

I think because they float the 151 on top it is pretty strong. Since all of the drink does not fit in the pineapple they give you a little side car.....

I never look forward to seeing a pineapple so much!

Lapu Lapu sounds awesome....definately gittin me one of them babies!!!

Thanks for answering me, ahhhhhh! I am so excited for you! I want all the details, ok? Keep us posted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter