Monkey Bread Recipe

Wheelsie

DIS Veteran
I read this post on the CB..and it made me homesick for my Aunt's Monkey Bread..

You know me guys, I don't cook!! But if you give me pre school instructions I'd like to try this one :)

Thanks all! :)

Here's an easy recipe you can make with frozen bread dough:

Make a batch of any white bread dough or sweet dough or thaw two loaves of
frozen bread dough.

Let the dough rise once.

Mix together 1 cup of brown sugar and 1 stick butter (melted). You may add 2 teaspoons
cinnamon, 1/2 cup raisins, or 1/2 cup chopped nuts but these are all optional.

Grease one large or two small tube pans (I use a tall 10" tube pan)

Knock the dough down and let it rest a few minutes. Pull off bits of dough to
make 1" balls and dip each into the sugar/butter mixture, then place in pan
(s). If there's any syrup left over, pour it over the top.

Let the bread rise for about an hour. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes. If the
bread seems to be getting too brown on top, lower the temperature to 325 degrees for
the rest of the baking time.

After the bread has cooled for a few minutes, turn it out onto a platter.

Enjoy by pulling off individual balls. Great with coffee!

Or, you could get 3 or 4 cans of biscuits in a tube, and cut each one into 4 pieces, then take cinnamon sugar and roll each one first in melted butter and then in the cinnamon sugar. Put each in a loaf pan, layering up, mix in raisins if you like. Then bake it according to the tube directions...

This is the way I learned how to do it, but I have to admit, Margie's sounds a lot better! (hehe)

It's still good though!

:)

Thank you ladies!!

I think I'll be trying Robin's as Margie's (althought delish!!) is difficult because I don't know how to make bread!! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter