Mom & Son-One More Time w/Dad! 11 days of DxDDP-10/21, Grand Finale, FF Chef's Table!

Oh wow! What an excellent review! I didn't even know some of those snack existed!

Thank you! I don't think it is possible to have every snack. I try to get something new each trip!

Fantastic snacks review!! I really wish I made room for that Napoleon or the rest of the wonderful examples you provided.

The Napoleon was truly heaven. We plan to focus on F&W in November but I am definitely making room for one of those!

That is the type of dining day that I want sometime soon!! No dining plans just all manner of snack and drinks!! Go at your own pace and enjoy!

So funny that you and Mr. DDW had similar snacks - chocolate covered pineapple - and you both liked it! The chocolate covered grapes not so much.

I am not a kraut lover but I definitely want to try a brat. :)

Yes, definitely plan a snack around the world day! We do it every year! We snack and enjoy the EPCOT entertainment. Very relaxing kind of day.

I had no idea you could get a scotch egg from the Rose & Crown Pub! I was crestfallen thinking that I would have to have an ADR at R&C to get one. I will definitely be adding the pub to our Epcot list so I can get my hands on one of those puppies :cool1:. Like you I prefer to keep my scotch egg intake to one a year or so. I looked up some recipes on how to make them myself once and was instantly scared away by the calorie count!

I love your snack day!!! I would love to do that next time. How fun and delicious! Sorry that the English Bulldog wasn't amazing but it sure looks good!

I also love the picture of Andrew with the blue tones of his shirt. Very nice. :thumbsup2

For your amazing review! We have just booked for February :cheer2: and we are trying La hacienda for the first time! Your review is making me so happy! We also are huge fans of the plaza! With little kids it is a nice break from all of the action and excitement that is MK!
Can't wait to read more!

What a wonderful "meal" day! The caramel items look delicious!!

I LOVE brats! I think its from being a Wisconsin girl! With sauerkraut for me please!

The pork buts also look good! I've heard mixed reviews of them there though! If we stop I hope we get a good batch!!

I had no idea you could get a scotch egg from the Rose & Crown Pub! I was crestfallen thinking that I would have to have an ADR at R&C to get one. I will definitely be adding the pub to our Epcot list so I can get my hands on one of those puppies :cool1:. Like you I prefer to keep my scotch egg intake to one a year or so. I looked up some recipes on how to make them myself once and was instantly scared away by the calorie count!

I made them for Christmas brunch last year and probably will this year as well. There's no calories on Christmas, right?

I love your snack day!!! I would love to do that next time. How fun and delicious! Sorry that the English Bulldog wasn't amazing but it sure looks good!

I also love the picture of Andrew with the blue tones of his shirt. Very nice. :thumbsup2

Thank you! I loved playing with the settings on the camera!

For your amazing review! We have just booked for February :cheer2: and we are trying La hacienda for the first time! Your review is making me so happy! We also are huge fans of the plaza! With little kids it is a nice break from all of the action and excitement that is MK!
Can't wait to read more!

Thank you so much! We really enjoy Hacienda even though it gets mixed reviews sometimes here.

What a wonderful "meal" day! The caramel items look delicious!!

I LOVE brats! I think its from being a Wisconsin girl! With sauerkraut for me please!

The pork buts also look good! I've heard mixed reviews of them there though! If we stop I hope we get a good batch!!

I didn't even know the pork buns existed until DH handed them to me. I am glad I did't read the mixed reviews.

Your "snack around the World day" looks perfect!

It was! Thank you!

This might be a stupid question but how do you snack around the world? Do you go to the quick dining booths or something? I would totally love to do what you did!

This might be a stupid question but how do you snack around the world? Do you go to the quick dining booths or something? I would totally love to do what you did!

Yep. A couple of times we have gotten something in each country even if it was only a drink. This year we just picked what we really wanted and skipped a few countries. It is a fun way to spend a day. I love Disney dining and make ADRs and then change them a 100 times but having the one day with no ADR is really nice, too.

I love Disney dining and make ADRs and then change them a 100 times but having the one day with no ADR is really nice, too.

Love the idea of snacking around the World as well! May I just say that I have been keeping track and I do believe you have changed your plans 102 times! :rotfl2: You know I will give you a hard time since we are so much alike. Just one more tweak!!! :lmao:

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Love the idea of snacking around the World as well! May I just say that I have been keeping track and I do believe you have changed your plans 102 times! :rotfl2: You know I will give you a hard time since we are so much alike. Just one more tweak!!! :lmao:

Hope you are having a great weekend!

In reality, probably more like 202 times! :rotfl:

We had a really nice weekend. So nice, I haven't really been here on the Dis! Cleaned closets, cooked, rearranged the living room, cooked, bought a much needed new vaccuum, cooked. Did I mentioned that I cooked? ;)

Hopefully I will get these reviews finished up this week! Sorry all for the delay!

In reality, probably more like 202 times! :rotfl:

We had a really nice weekend. So nice, I haven't really been here on the Dis! Cleaned closets, cooked, rearranged the living room, cooked, bought a much needed new vaccuum, cooked. Did I mentioned that I cooked? ;)

Hopefully I will get these reviews finished up this week! Sorry all for the delay!

No worries about any delays - life doesn't arrange its schedule around the DisBoards unfortunately! I'm sure your family appreciated your organization and culinary skills! Did you make any Disney favorites?? Any margarita flights on your dinner table?? :rotfl2:

You have a lot of my favorites in your recent updates! That Napoleon from France is my FAVORITE snack! I was full when we were in EPCOT last week so I got it to go and then had it another day for breakfast.

I am dying to try that almond cheesecake from Narcoossee's. That might have to be my next signature!

No worries about any delays - life doesn't arrange its schedule around the DisBoards unfortunately! I'm sure your family appreciated your organization and culinary skills! Did you make any Disney favorites?? Any margarita flights on your dinner table?? :rotfl2:

Nope, no Disney favorites or margaritas ... plenty of wine though! :thumbsup2

You have a lot of my favorites in your recent updates! That Napoleon from France is my FAVORITE snack! I was full when we were in EPCOT last week so I got it to go and then had it another day for breakfast.

I am dying to try that almond cheesecake from Narcoossee's. That might have to be my next signature!

Yeah, I don't know how I have missed that Napolean! I can't wait to have another in just one month! :cool1:

I am sorry for the lack of updates! Only two more days to go and I am slacking! I am vowing to finish by Sunday even if that means doing all of them Sunday afternoon!

But on the "big news" front ... look at my tickers ... yes "s", plural! :cheer2: I just booked our March trip including the plane tickets!

Oh my GOSH!! How exciting!! You are going to be at WDW so often that we're going to need a bigger signature space for you!! ;) Seriously though, how totally exciting! Where are you staying during Spring Break? I've been checking prices but it is so gosh darn expensive at the end of March!

GoofySon'sMom said:
But on the "big news" front ... look at my tickers ... yes "s", plural! :cheer2: I just booked our March trip including the plane tickets!

Woohoo!! How fun! :D

Eee congrats to booking your trip in March! :)

Thank you! :flower3:

Oh my GOSH!! How exciting!! You are going to be at WDW so often that we're going to need a bigger signature space for you!! ;) Seriously though, how totally exciting! Where are you staying during Spring Break? I've been checking prices but it is so gosh darn expensive at the end of March!

Right?! I have never done this before. We are a once a year family. Ironically the only reason it is possible is because my old job laid me off. I am using the 401k money. Not enough to deal with rolling over but enough for a couple of quick weekend trips to Disney! Jay said that I put up with so much junk at that job that I deserve to do what I want with the money. Well, Ok! :upsidedow

We are only going from 3/23 until 3/26 and staying at the Art of Animation. Andrew doesn't love the Little Mermaid deal and would have much rather stayed in a Lion King suite but that just wasn't in the budget. We actually arrive about midnight on the 22nd because that flight was $100 cheaper per person! ::yes:: I already have Be Our Guest reserved on 3/24. Everything else is subject to change! :upsidedow

Woohoo!! How fun! :D

I am so excited!! pixiedust:

Ok, I have been a bad Diser long enough! Let's finish this up!

So after our snack around the world day, I planned dinner at Tokyo Dining. We had never been and at the time I booked it did not like sushi. I figured we wouldn't be super hungry so we would pick & choose from the things we did like. Well, DS and I tried sushi at my sisters and were now really looking forward to this meal!

I started with a sake-rita which was really good. Tasted like a slightly sweeter regular margarita

WDWSummer2012424.jpg

Here's some menu pics ...

WDWSummer2012425.jpg

WDWSummer2012426.jpg

WDWSummer2012427.jpg

DS and I shared a tuna roll

WDWSummer2012429.jpg

This was truly delicious. Being sushi novists I don't have much to compare it to but we really enjoyed it.

For appetizers, DS has the Wafu Ribs - sake, soy and ginger-braised pork ribs

WDWSummer2012431.jpg

I didn't try these but he enjoyed them.

I had the Assorted Tempura - shrimp, chicken breast, and seasonal vegetables served with Japanese Tempura dipping sauce but gave the shrimp to DH

WDWSummer2012434.jpg

DH had the Kakuni - braised pork belly that has been slowly cooked in sake, soy sauce and ginger, served with spicy yellow mustard

WDWSummer2012433.jpg

And the picture is so blurry. Again, I didn't try it but he enjoyed it.

For entrees, DH had the Sankai - breaded and fried mix of chicken, pork and shrimp

WDWSummer2012435.jpg

DS had the Tori - chicken breast tempura with veggies

WDWSummer2012436.jpg

And I had Chicken Katsu - Panko crusted boneless breast chicken lightly fried

WDWSummer2012437.jpg

Look at all that food! And we all thought it was just amazing. My chicken was the best chicken cutlet I have ever had. Light and crispy, not greasy at all. I shared some of Andrew's tempura veggies and they were perfect. The miso soup was nicely flavored. Everything was beyond our expectations.

Needless to say, we were too full for dessert

Total dining plan cost was $101.55. Total OOP for the sushi roll, my drink and I think a beer for DH was $26.63.

This is a definitely go back for us. I do have an ADR for Andrew and I in November thinking we can easily share one of those platters of food and a sushi roll. Course I have already made several changes to my November plans so we will see if this one sticks.!

As we left, we stopped to watch Illuminations on the porch. Very cool bonus view!

WDWSummer2012438.jpg

All in all a super great day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter