Modifying Existing Reservation to a VGT

brochad1611

You keep the parks...I am going on the boat!
We have an inside stateroom purchased for an upcoming Europe Cruise that is 50 days away. New VGT rates have been posted and we would like to upgrade from our inside stateroom. I cannot make this change online. Will Customer Service let me make the change or will I have to cancel my cruise and rebook? All European Cruises have a no cancelation penalty up to 29 days before sailing. Thank you!

The VGT rates are all "new bookings" so you will have to cancel the existing reservation and rebook. Be aware that will impact any onboard activities you may have already booked, too.

The VGT rates are all "new bookings" so you will have to cancel the existing reservation and rebook. Be aware that will impact any onboard activities you may have already booked, too.
Thanks, that is what I figured.

I don't believe any of my excursions are sold out so I'm fine rebooking those.

Customer Service is so busy that I can't even get put on hold right now.

Our cruise in August has a VGT rate and we are before final payment date. We have PIF but want to rebook, did DCL do a refund of the the money already paid on the cruise or did they just transfer the money to the new booking. I have contacted our TA to change the cruise. We are in Canada and are hoping they will just transfer to save us some foreign transfer fees. TIA

Our cruise in August has a VGT rate and we are before final payment date. We have PIF but want to rebook, did DCL do a refund of the the money already paid on the cruise or did they just transfer the money to the new booking. I have contacted our TA to change the cruise. We are in Canada and are hoping they will just transfer to save us some foreign transfer fees. TIA
Not the OP, but this just happened to me. I am in the UK and paid my cruise in USD so I’m in the same situation.

DCL transferred the money to the new booking for me but you have to call to do it.

Not the OP, but this just happened to me. I am in the UK and paid my cruise in USD so I’m in the same situation.

DCL transferred the money to the new booking for me but you have to call to do it.
Thanks for letting me know :)

We are in Canada and are hoping they will just transfer to save us some foreign transfer fees
We are in France and for reference we noticed AmEx refunds fees for transactions placed in USD, which is convenient as we only gain/lose the FX. Not to recommend against transferring the cruise amount as it is certainly more convenient.

Thanks, that is what I figured.

I don't believe any of my excursions are sold out so I'm fine rebooking those.

Customer Service is so busy that I can't even get put on hold right now.
When you get through push 3 to book a new cruise. You'll have a short wait.

I did the same but the agent refused to transfer funds since it is obly for new bookibgs. She ecen didbt want to make the actual booking. I cancelled with her and made the new one online. The obly downside was that the regund took 6 weeks (I emailed several times and was told it was taking longer cause of the fact I booked in EUR) hebce I was out of pocket for double cruise fare because one came back.

I always wondered if you lose you dining time. I have to do main dining (medical) but wouldn’t want to lose it If I canceled/changed

You do lose early dining. You also will lose any excursions or onboard activities you may have already booked. Sometimes you can go back and rebook, but if something is popular and sold out someone else may have grabbed it in the meantime.

If main dining is sold out, you can request to be waitlisted for it. This has always worked out for us.

Is no one concerned they will change the Covid positive refund policy and then you’ll be stuck with a reservation you no longer want? If in any point during the current cancellation period that changes I want to be able to cancel. Bummer because we could rebook and save $1000 usd.

I always wondered if you lose you dining time. I have to do main dining (medical) but wouldn’t want to lose it If I canceled/changed
If you are placed on late dining, you can call to be added to the wait list for early. I believe you can also contact Special Services at DCL to help if it's a medical issue.

Is no one concerned they will change the Covid positive refund policy and then you’ll be stuck with a reservation you no longer want? If in any point during the current cancellation period that changes I want to be able to cancel. Bummer because we could rebook and save $1000 usd.
The flexible refund policy for COVID is currently on cruises until the end of September "For any sailings on or before September 30, 2022, you can change your sail date up to 15 days prior to departure." So our cruise is covered we are sailing in August. I would have been concerned if our sailing wasn't covered.

Is no one concerned they will change the Covid positive refund policy

The flexible refund policy for COVID is currently on cruises until the end of September

The “Cruise Date Flexibility” policy was recently extended to cruises through Sept. 30th. This is NOT a refund but allows you to push out your cruise as late as Sept. 2023 without penalty up until 15 days before embarkation. If you cancel you will be subject to the penalty fees.

The “Flexible Refund” policy has no specified end date. This is the policy that allows cancellation for Covid-related reason within 14 days of the sail date and receive full refund. Conceivably this temporary policy could be rescinded at any time. I’m not sure it will be soon, but I do recommend anyone sailing have adequate travel insurance. DCL is clearly making effort to put more responsibility on the passenger.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/featured/book-with-confidence/

The “Cruise Date Flexibility” policy was recently extended to cruises through Sept. 30th. This is NOT a refund but allows you to push out your cruise as late as Sept. 2023 without penalty up until 15 days before embarkation. If you cancel you will be subject to the penalty fees.

The “Flexible Refund” policy has no specified end date. This is the policy that allows cancellation for Covid-related reason within 14 days of the sail date and receive full refund. Conceivably this temporary policy could be rescinded at any time. I’m not sure it will be soon, but I do recommend anyone sailing have adequate travel insurance. DCL is clearly making effort to put more responsibility on the passenger.

Yes we are *very* concerned this will go away next and can only hope that if they’re going to do it (especially now that they’ve changed Covid testing procedures), that it be before the penalty free cancellation dates for our cruise. Cruising and this much uncertainty do not a relaxing vacation make…..

DCL would be foolish to eliminate the Flexible Refund policy. This will mean instead of people honestly reporting they had an exposure to someone with covid, they will try to conceal it and hope for the best at pre cruise testing. It took dh a full 7 days from the day he was exposed to a coworker, to test positive. One could easily test negative and board the ship and finish a 3 or 4 night cruise before symptoms start. They'd be spreading it to everyone onboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter