Modifying a Bounceback Booking

Can you modify a bounceback reservation after the booking deadline has passed? My daughter booked the free dining bounceback when she was there in August 2019 - travel dates are September 9-13, 2020. With all of the Coronavirus stuff going on, due to her job she may not be able to travel in September now and wants to possibly move the trip to the May 26-June 2 date range, subject to availability of course. Obviously, the free dining bounceback booking deadline has passed. Can it still be modified? I called the bounceback booking number and spoke with a CM who said that since that offer has expired, it can't be modified and if we moved the trip to a different date we would lose the free dining. Just wanted to confirm that he's correct - I know how CM can give misinformation sometimes. I hope he's wrong!!!
It can be modified. Are you sure you called the Bounceback number? For instructions on modifying, click on the Bounceback link in my signature.

I've been trying to modify a bounceback for December for about a month now. No luck so far, they've told me to try every couple weeks and see if things move around

It can be modified. Are you sure you called the Bounceback number? For instructions on modifying, click on the Bounceback link in my signature.

Thank you, vinotinto! And I did read your post linked in your signature and it was very helpful. :)

I do have one more question that would relate to modifications due to the COVID-19 pandemic. My daughter works for a wedding venue and as all weddings scheduled during March, April, and possibly May are being rescheduled to later in the year, she may actually not be able to take off work for our September 9-12 dates and may not be available to travel on any of the other dates included in the offer. If that happens, I'm assuming we cannot go without her since she is the lead person the reservation?

I do have one more question that would relate to modifications due to the COVID-19 pandemic. My daughter works for a wedding venue and as all weddings scheduled during March, April, and possibly May are being rescheduled to later in the year, she may actually not be able to take off work for our September 9-12 dates and may not be available to travel on any of the other dates included in the offer. If that happens, I'm assuming we cannot go without her since she is the lead person the reservation?
I don't know the answer to this, but if it comes to that, I would certainly call and explain and ask if someone else can be made the lead person on the reservation. When DH and I travel, I always take care of all the bookings and therefore am always the lead person the reservation. For whatever reason, our bounceback reservation was made with DH as the lead person. I have had to call the BB line three times now, and each time I was able to make changes without them needing to speak to DH. They didn't even need me to verify his name. I am listed on the reservation too, so perhaps it would be ok as long as you're all listed? Definitely something to ask about though.

Thank you, vinotinto! And I did read your post linked in your signature and it was very helpful. :)

Uff, I don’t know. I’ve heard the lead person must remain, but I wonder if this is one of those modifications where Guest Services can make it, provided there is a good reason.

Was there anyone else on the September reservation that is bouncing back from the reservation that you are bouncing from?

Uff, I don’t know. I’ve heard the lead person must remain, but I wonder if this is one of those modifications where Guest Services can make it, provided there is a good reason.

Was there anyone else on the September reservation that is bouncing back from the reservation that you are bouncing from?

Yes, me. Daughter and I went together last August when she booked the bounceback for this coming September. She recently added me and a friend of her's to the September reservation. Think that might help? I really hope this isn't even an issue and she can still go in September, but she isn't very optimistic about it right now so I just want to know what my options are. Trying to keep that free dining! :thumbsup2

For whatever reason, our bounceback reservation was made with DH as the lead person. I have had to call the BB line three times now, and each time I was able to make changes without them needing to speak to DH. They didn't even need me to verify his name. I am listed on the reservation too, so perhaps it would be ok as long as you're all listed? Definitely something to ask about though.

But did you remove your husband from the reservation altogether? That is she the PP would be doing if she removes her daughter. The lead guest can’t be removed is right in the rules of offer. They may make an exception, but they have never done it before.

This is copied from the email from my bounceback reservation.
NON-TRANSFERABLE
Room reservations are not transferable and reservation name changes are not permitted.​
OTHER TERMS

Last edited:

But did you remove your husband from the reservation altogether? That is she the PP would be doing if she removes her daughter. The lead guest can’t be removed is right in the rules of offer. They may make an exception, but they have never done it before.

This is copied from the email from my bounceback reservation.

NON-TRANSFERABLE
Room reservations are not transferable and reservation name changes are not permitted.​
OTHER TERMS
No I didn't, but my point was that if the other people on the reservation have the same power as the lead guest, then I'm not sure it matters who is named the "lead" guest. I know when I made my BB reservation and the guy set up DH as the lead, I asked him what that meant because I handle everything, and he told me "it doesn't matter, its just who's name comes first on the reservation". Since the poster who posed this question is also on the reservation, perhaps they can name her as the lead guest instead. In what you copied from your reservation, they are not changing names - to me, that means swapping out a person on the reservation for someone else. They are dropping a person and naming someone who is on the reservation already as the "lead" guest. Its definitely worth the poster calling to inquire about. I would guess Disney would care less about the semantics and more about losing the reservation otherwise.

No I didn't, but my point was that if the other people on the reservation have the same power as the lead guest, then I'm not sure it matters who is named the "lead" guest. I know when I made my BB reservation and the guy set up DH as the lead, I asked him what that meant because I handle everything, and he told me "it doesn't matter, its just who's name comes first on the reservation". Since the poster who posed this question is also on the reservation, perhaps they can name her as the lead guest instead. In what you copied from your reservation, they are not changing names - to me, that means swapping out a person on the reservation for someone else. They are dropping a person and naming someone who is on the reservation already as the "lead" guest. Its definitely worth the poster calling to inquire about. I would guess Disney would care less about the semantics and more about losing the reservation otherwise.

Up to now, Disney has considered changing the lead guest name as transferring the reservation & has not allowed it. It didn’t matter if the new lead was already listed as a guest in the room. It might be their computer system recognizing a new lead as a new reservation which would not qualify for a bounceback?? But there have been several posts on this over the years. The question does come up periodically.

As far as making changes when you’re not the lead guest, I have also done that for years when I put my DH as the lead. That isn’t the same because the lead guest is still on the reservation. There have also been reports that people have been able to change names of guests BTW. Ex, this kid not going, add friend instead, etc. The lead hadn’t changed, so Disney didn’t care who else was in the room.

I’m just relaying what I have seen & read over the years as everyone else is. Disney might make an exception, the only way to know is to ask. For sure worth a call & it would be great for the PP if she can make the change.

Up to now, Disney has considered changing the lead guest name as transferring the reservation & has not allowed it. It didn’t matter if the new lead was already listed as a guest in the room. It might be their computer system recognizing a new lead as a new reservation which would not qualify for a bounceback?? But there have been several posts on this over the years. The question does come up periodically.

As far as making changes when you’re not the lead guest, I have also done that for years when I put my DH as the lead. That isn’t the same because the lead guest is still on the reservation. There have also been reports that people have been able to change names of guests BTW. Ex, this kid not going, add friend instead, etc. The lead hadn’t changed, so Disney didn’t care who else was in the room.

I’m just relaying what I have seen & read over the years as everyone else is. Disney might make an exception, the only way to know is to ask. For sure worth a call & it would be great for the PP if she can make the change.
Gotcha. Hopefully Disney gives some kind of flexibility given the current environment. If you don't ask, the answer is always no!

We were able to modify our BB today (originally scheduled December 13-18). Will be at POFQ from November 30 - December 5, so will be at Disney for my birthday! WOOHOO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!