Mobile ordering was SO convenient!

pbb&j

Mouseketeer
I just returned from a great trip to the World, and used mobile ordering twice at Columbia Harbour House, and once at Satu'li Canteen. It was so fast! My daughter and I would order as we were walking to those restaurants, find a table, and got the message that our food was ready within 5 minutes or so. There is a designated place to pick up your order.

You do have to charge it to the credit card you have on file, so I don't think there is a way to pay with a gift card or anything like that, and I don't think you can use the dining plan right now, but if that doesn't matter to you, it's very handy.

Agreed! We used it last week at Backlot Express and had our food within a couple minutes after arriving at the restaurant. Bypassed the whole crowd that was in line waiting to order!

FYI u can't use AP or TIW discounts. There are a lot of 20% AP CS discounts now (ending early Sep).
Someone else at Backlot Express next to me in line said his allergies couldn't be accommodated via mobile ordering.

FYI u can't use AP or TIW discounts. There are a lot of 20% AP CS discounts now (ending early Sep).
Someone else at Backlot Express next to me in line said his allergies couldn't be accommodated via mobile ordering.
True, I didn't see a way to customize your order, or ask for "no onions". You also couldn't order tap water, but they easily gave it to us when we picked up our food.

I just returned from a great trip to the World, and used mobile ordering twice at Columbia Harbour House, and once at Satu'li Canteen. It was so fast! My daughter and I would order as we were walking to those restaurants, find a table, and got the message that our food was ready within 5 minutes or so. There is a designated place to pick up your order.

You do have to charge it to the credit card you have on file, so I don't think there is a way to pay with a gift card or anything like that, and I don't think you can use the dining plan right now, but if that doesn't matter to you, it's very handy.

Disappointing that you couldn't use a gift card- maybe they'll update at some point. They did with the Shop Parks app

I've been watching and hoping they add the allergy option to mobile ordering. They have it on the pre-order menu for BOG and it works fine. I've used it a few times and had no issue with my gluten free food choices.

C'mon how hard is it to add the Dining Plan? I can't see how paying OOP is attractive when you already have credits for food!

Bummer! But thanks, you just answered both my questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter