Mobile Ordering Still Happening?

soniam

Wooden leg named Smith...
I heard a rumor that mobile ordering is going away. Anyone see this? Thanks

I don’t know why it would go away, WDW has been doing it since before the pandemic. It should be a choice though: mobile order or wait in line to order.

They had mobile order at Universal pre-pandemic. It was awful and they had no idea how to properly utilize the system. Not sure if it was working better recently but what a terrible time to quit it when Universal's food lines have been terrible as of late.

My impression was that in its current form it was a complete disaster, so probably for the best that it's gone. For our trip in July we got reservations for both lunch and dinner at table-service to just avoid the whole thing.

We couldn’t do mobile order on the app Saturday at the simpsons food court. It was there the day before. We got in line around noon and it wasn’t bad. They had someone meeting you at the head of the line and asking what area(s) you wanted food from and directing you to each station to keep it from being chaotic. We got the seafood a d they were keeping that station moving well. They had I think 2 cashiers and there were plenty of tables when we were there anyway. We saw lots of training going on in the parks during our trip from the 16-20th.

I, for one, hope they are doing away with it. OR if they keep it, they need to update it to include pick up time windows like Disney does.
We have purposely avoided any counter service food locations at UO lately because it made no sense to have to mobile order, then STILL wait in a long line to get a table, then more waiting for your food.

They had mobile order at Universal pre-pandemic. It was awful and they had no idea how to properly utilize the system. Not sure if it was working better recently but what a terrible time to quit it when Universal's food lines have been terrible as of late.

Mobile order isn't making the food lines better - if anything, they are making it worse, b/c they need two sets of service lines in certain places (like for getting butter beer), so no one's getting it any faster anyway...

I just hope they keep the tables cleared of guests NOT eating, so those who are can sit and eat. I know that's selfish, but nothing like standing in line for 20-30 mins to get the food and then having no where to sit. Like outside Simpsons they have them blocked off with the metal stands, it would be nice if they kept it that way. I am sure they will probably do away with all that but it sure was nice to NOT have to fight for a seat to eat.

I just hope they keep the tables cleared of guests NOT eating, so those who are can sit and eat. I know that's selfish, but nothing like standing in line for 20-30 mins to get the food and then having no where to sit. Like outside Simpsons they have them blocked off with the metal stands, it would be nice if they kept it that way. I am sure they will probably do away with all that but it sure was nice to NOT have to fight for a seat to eat.
I am right there with you. That’s not selfish. If you pay money for food, you have more of a right to those tables,

Yes, as of today it has gone from every place, but the Leaky Cauldron and Richter Burgers.

Any theories about why it is still in place for those two restaurants? And by gone do you mean not available in any form on the app, or just not required any more?

Anyone who is there now or just back, how are you finding the CS/QS lines with mobile order gone?

We were at both WDW and Universal late last month. Mobile ordering at Universal was a disaster across the board.

The only good thing I saw about mobile ordering at WDW was the fact that you weren't allowed into the restaurant until your order was ready, thereby keeping people from "saving" tables while not having their food yet. This was the first trip I can ever remember at WDW when we had zero problems finding a place to sit once we got our food for the entire trip.

Glad that it's going away at Universal.

Hopefully, with the extra unemployment compensation ending in Florida yesterday, it'll encourage folks to go back to work. Lack of staffing has been a huge problem from both companies.

Last edited:
One thing we’ve noticed with mobile ordering- and this could be just a coincidence , but the portion sizes are minuscule!! This was from the food court before at ASM- this “platter” used to have twice as much food , and was around $4 cheaper - 591511

No idea on mobile order, but 3 Broomsticks was pretty empty just after 9:00 last night. Great food and frozen butter beer. ( we were on a 3 hour time change, so it was perfect) - no wait for a table, or food. Today’s our first full day, so we will see how the food works today.

A few places in City Walk are doing mobile ordering. I had issues with the app not accepting my credit card so we didn’t get to use it this trip.

We saw mobile order pickups at both Red Oven and Voodoo. I had tried Voodoo mobile ordering two nights and it said they weren’t accepting. Last night, while standing in the LONG Voodoo line, we saw a few doing the mobile pickup.

I went through the mobile process and it was working (except my credit card). So it may be hit or miss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!