MNSSHP vs MVMCP

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
If youve been to both which in your opinion is the "better" party?? And why??

Last edited:
The Halloween party, no question! It is so fun to see kids trick or treating in the park. The decorations are beautiful, the parade awesome, and the whole park has a cool vibe to it. Last but not least, Hallowishes are THE best fireworks show Disney does!

They are different and both fun, but if I had to choose, I woudl say the Halloween party. The parade is really good, and Hallowishes awesome. The decorations, special effects and the characters are al fun.

I like teh CHristmas party but it really is one that I don't feel I have to attend if I am in the parks during the holiday season.

I enjoy both, but to me there is no place I would rather be than at a Disney Christmas party. The decorations are stunning, and the parade is my all time favorite. The marching soldiers are over the top. If someone gave me a choice, I would pick Mr. And Mrs. Claus. The treat at the end of the parade for all to see and enjoy is the best!!

Thank you :). We did MVMCP in 2015 but daughter was so wrapped up in roller coaster rides we missed both the parades and shows! Daughter said she's BTDT with MVMCP and now wants to do MNSSHP but DH said she missed so much of the MVMCP he wants a redo - plus when we went in early September DH wasn't crazy about the fall/pumpkin decorations :rolleyes:

I enjoy both, but to me there is no place I would rather be than at a Disney Christmas party. The decorations are stunning, and the parade is my all time favorite. The marching soldiers are over the top. If someone gave me a choice, I would pick Mr. And Mrs. Claus. The treat at the end of the parade for all to see and enjoy is the best!!

Are the marching soldiers part of the regular park hour parades or that's an exclusive??

Well I do like that you can dress up for MNSSHP however in general I like MVMCP better because my family LOVES Christmas time at WDW as it combines our two favorite things... Christmas and Disney!
It's such a magical atmosphere at the MVMCP with the decorations, music, hot chocolate and cookies, and pirate version of Christmas carols!

I've done both, and love them for different reasons. They are very different feeling parties. My vote: Do them both! Haha.

I've done both - if I had to only choose one, I would choose Halloween. I just love the spooky feel of Main St. and the Haunted Mansion. The Christmas one is nice but Halloween is better.

If with kids, definitely the Halloween. The opportunity to wear a costume and trick-or-treat in the MK is so much fun!

We enjoyed the Christmas Party, but we love the Halloween Party - the costumes, decorations, trick or treating, the parade, and Hallowishes. We've gone the last three years and never get tired of it!

Been to both and our vote is MNSSHP..

1. Hallowishes
2A. Boo To You Parade
2B. Decorations (our favorite holiday is Halloween)
3. Costumes (getting to wear them and seeing other peoples)
4. Trick or Treating at the Magic Kingdom

The MVMCP was pretty awesome too but it just doesn't have the "it factor" for us like MNSSHP.

The soldiers I believe are only part of the party up until the parties stop for the year, then they move that parade to regular hours.

My vote is for MNSSHP

I thought the parties ran through Xmas in which case when do the soldiers stop performing?

I thought the parties ran through Xmas in which case when do the soldiers stop performing?
In the past the last party was around Dec 20th (from my knowledge the year that we did a Dec Birthday trip) since we were there after the last party and could see that parade we chose not to do the party that year). Looks like the last day this year is Dec 22nd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter