MNSSHP-Tips, Tricks, Secrets newbies should know (from the 2009 party!)

Thank you so much to everyone for your great tips and tricks! :banana: Our family will be going on a cruise next year and will be back on the 30th. I will be buying tix ASAP for the 2010 MNSSHP, attending on the 31st. I was REALLY concerned about the crowds, especially Halloween being on a Saturday night. I think Disney does a good job not over selling tix. Hopefully it won't be crazy packed. Thoughts?

This will be our first MNSSHP. DH and I will have princess:DD4 and princess:DD3. I have taken many notes. So far this is what I have: On 31st catch up on much needed rest during the day then get to MK about 4, get wristbands, take decoration pics and pretty costume pics (will have extra tshirt and shorts in stroller), dinner at Tony's or CP about 5 (will get ADR, haven't decided which). Then head over to Toontown area after 6 for 7pm pics with Mickey (and anyone else), then go to Mad Hatter's candy trail. After go to Fantasyland to try and get pics with SW+7 and Cindy's carriage. Get to Adventureland for Dole Whip fix :rolleyes1 and pics with whomever is room of Dole Whip stand. By then the first parade will have passed so go to Castle foyer for pics with villans. Now we can get faces painted, watch fireworks, dancy party, wait for second parade. Kids should be on a good sugar high by now but hopefully they will sleep in the stroller! :lmao: Finish character meet/greet and fill up candy bags thru neon hoops in Tomorrowland. Did I sum everything up? :confused3 Suggestions? This is my hope to do notes. I do realize nothing is certain and everything is subjective to my DDs mood! :upsidedow

Hey everyone! We're thinking of going to the party on our trip this year! I'm an old pro at Disney, but I've never been to one of the ticketed events before, so I'm doing a bit of research to find out some more. Loving all the tips here, so thank you to everyone who's posting them!!

I was wondering if I could get some opinions from all you wonderfully clever people. We're going to be there for my Birthday, and one of the parties falls on that very day. Now, I think it would really cool to go to a party with my birthday badge on, but I'd also like to see the parks during the day. Unfortunately, because my body is falling apart at the seams (fun with Fibromyalgia :rolleyes:), I only have a limited amount of energy. So, here's the bit I need opinions on:

Should I go to the party on my Birthday, and have limited park time during the say, or should I go to another party, and spend the whole day in the parks? Also, will I be able to hold up through the evening, if I spend some of the morning in the parks (think of me as a three year old, but without the hyper periods :rotfl:)?

My plan at the moment is to go to the parks (probably MK) at or around opening, spend a few hours kicking about there and having fun, then head back to the hotel (POR) for a nap and some down-time. Hopefully this should recharge me enough to let me go to MK for around 6ish, and party on through the night. I'll be using my wheelchair, so if the energy levels get low I can always ask my beloved fella to push me for a bit. Do those of you with kids reckon you could manage this with your younger little'uns?

Whichever party we decide to go to, we'll not be too worried about getting on the rides, as we'll have plenty of other park days on our trip. Just so excited!!! :woohoo:

Oh, and for all the adults out there who aren't sure about wearing costumes - go for it!!! We'll both be in costume, and we're 20somethings with no kids! :thumbsup2

Well, after reading all, I didn't see anything about my tip....
If you don't plan to get to MK at 4pm when you can first get in, still plan to go somewhat early if you are traveling via buses from the resorts. Many, many, many families go back to the resorts for their children to change into their costumes and then catch the bus to return to the MK for a 7pm party. We tried to catch the bus around 6pm to go to the party and was left standing bus after bus because they were all full or the bus for MK never showed up because it was already full from the previous resort and left straight for MK. Once we finally got on a bus (standing room only), we arrived at MK after the party had already started and barely got to see the start of the parade (missed the headless horseman). You just can't control Disney transportation so better to go early and get a bite to eat at MK while you wait. As a side note, we did enjoy our wait time at the bus stop as we got to see so many, many children in their delightful costumes and the super excitement they all had!

We have tix for MVMCP this year. But after reading this thread I'm wondering if we made the right choice. Is MNSSHP that much better than MVMCP? I know the kids won't be disappointed with either, but how do they each compare?
We went to a MNSSHP first and loved it. The next year, we attended a MVMCP and were not as impressed. We decided the MNSSHP was a much better party and worth more. We probably won't do another MVMCP but will definitely do another MNSSHP when the opportunity presents itself. Each year could be different but we couldn't possibly drink enough hot chocolate and eat enough sugar cookies (not my favorite type of cookie) at MVMCP to make it worth the cost of the party. We also thought the parade for MNSSHP was far better. Fireworks were great at both parties.

My group is myself (22), boyfriend (29), friend #1 (29) and friend #2 (25). We are all excited about it! That and food and wine... i think we've got ourselves a good trip
-------------------------
I think we're going on the same night! It's my boyfriend and I (I'm 24, he'll turn 25 the week before) and my younger brother (21.) We'll be staying at Pop too. Just might run into each other

There are a lot of younger adults going to this party!

We are 4 twenty-something girls going on 9/25. We won't be in costume (too hot!), but we'll be wearing our Mickey antennae (in pink, purple, black and aqua) so if you see us, do say "hi"!

This is our first MNSSHP and the first MK visit for one of us....very excited!

Now I'm just hoping that our 5:00 reservation at the Wave gives us enough time to get to the park before the 7pm rush starts.

Question - if we get our wristbands after 4pm but we don't go to the party until around 6:30-7:00, will we still have a huge line? Or is the line mostly for people to get wristbands?

great thread :goodvibes

Which should we do first The seven dwarf pictures or the carriage we will be in line for one of these at 6:45 and where is the line for mickey and minnie and is it a long wait for that? When is the best time for the villian pictures?

My question is do they have special MNSSHP t-shirts??? I know last year when we went to the MVMCP there were some for that event.

Thanks.

FYI, I believe it is posted somewhere on the Disney site that adults are not permitted to dress up as Disney characters during the party. I don't recall the exact specifics but you may want to do some research prior to packing your costume.

FYI, I believe it is posted somewhere on the Disney site that adults are not permitted to dress up as Disney characters during the party. I don't recall the exact specifics but you may want to do some research prior to packing your costume.

I don't believe this is true. I've seen a lot of adults post pics from the party dressed as Disney characters. :)

You CAN dress as Disney characters. But if you look TOO much like the real thing, they will WARN you not to sign any autographs or you will be asked to change or leave.

I second this.

In fact, MNSSHP looks like the ONLY time when adults can dress up as characters. You're just not allowed to pretend that you are a CM - doing photos and giving autographs, that kind of thing.

To the OP, you can buy special MNSSHP merchandise at the party.

With regards to he Headless Horseman...you can see him Pretty much anywhere along the parade route! He really is awesome! I'm gonna stake out a spot early so I can get the full affect! Nearly missed him last year!

With regards to he Headless Horseman...you can see him Pretty much anywhere along the parade route! He really is awesome! I'm gonna stake out a spot early so I can get the full affect! Nearly missed him last year!

Thank you! We are really excited to watch the parade and hope we don't miss him!
:)

Yes, they do have special party merchandise but not all stores carry it. The event map has an icon for those stores that have the special merchandise. They don't bring it out until after 7 when they've cleared the park of nonticket holders.

Last year I went the week of 10/7 and they were sold out of stuff already!

WOW!!!!! Thanks for starting this thread! I have a few questions:

1. Where is the face painting and how much does it cost?

2. Where can we get pics with Snow White AND the 7 dwarfs?

3. My kids aren't that into costumes......will they feel odd if they DON'T dress up? boys ages 8 and 10

>>as far as the costumes go, I was thinking of just doing some Halloween t-shirts and maybe their silly hats (goofy/stitch) Any thoughts??

We are excited about going at a different time of year and getting to do some new stuff like MNSSHP, haunted carriage ride and Mickey's Backyard Barbeque. We usually go in Jan. or Feb. and have missed out on this stuff. I do hope for a nice cool front though. We have had EXCELLENT weather during our previous visits!

Thanks again for this thread!:goodvibes

We have tickets for Oct. 2nd, just a couple of quick questions:

1) Best place to watch the parade and how early to stake out a spot?

2) My daughter really wants to see the carraige and I understand it is a fairly long line. If I want to be in line at 7pm where does it start?

3) Do they still do the story telling in Liberty Square?

4) How much busier is Friday compared to other days of the week?

5) I know they don't change the ride but do the CM's do anything fun at the HM or PotC?

This is one of the highlights or our trips for the last few years. On the day of the party we use that day to spend by the pool and relax and rest up for the excitement and late night coming up. We get to the park at 4 so that we can enjoy the park as long as we can. Usually we grab a bite to eat or something. At 7 things start to clear out with the non party guests leaving and the lines for the rides are very manageable if not walk on. :banana:

I was watching MNSSHP threads last year= as I will this year to see how it runs.
(not going until next year, so I spend my time wishing and waiting)

Halloween last year sold out--but Disney released more tickets. I dont recall any other night selling out.
BUT halloween is a weekend this year so if wanting to go on one of those nights--i suggest getting your ticket early.

A lot of nights it rained last year-- I think only one night got refunds.
So rain or shine grin and bear it.

From a lot I read I can buy my ticket the day of the party-- if the weather is bad I wont buy it.

It seems getting to the park at 4pm makes the most sense in getting value for money and beating the party start rush - But is it not still daylight then?, and does this spoil the 'arrival atmosphere' that may be more apparent later on.

I have seen pics of mist/smoke emitting from the railway stations, and main street all lit up in spooky greens and oranges. presume these effect are missing at 4pm?

What time does it get dark (or semi-dark) in mid to late October?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter